Should mrps roleplay standard be changed at all? (POLL)

• MRP roleplay standard is fine how it is
  • MRP roleplay standard should be increased
  • MRP roleplay standard should be decreased
  • I dont play MRP

0 voters

ill close this poll in like a month or something

You dont highten or lower the rp standarts. Its just there, or its not. Its the people that make up the atmosphere. If you are going to force some dumb fucking assistants to stop shouting profanities whilst doing wildly non rp things, thats good, but you will also reduce the freedom of those who do want to rp.
Its not about changing the rules, its about changing the people and reminding them of our wonderful lrp server

3 Likes

MRP is fine as is, I doubt many people who regular there would want to change it.

If MRP was fine as it was we wouldn’t have constant threads about how bad MRP RP is / has gotten

5 Likes

I must be sleepin cause I only ever see people complain about LRP

To be honest MRP just feels like LRP but people are slightly more chill but tend to complain a lot more.

2 Likes

The ideal scenario, IMO, is to start a third server.

MRP is at the same time trying to be LRP and HRP instead of truly being inbetween.

If we had a proper HRP, MRP and LRP and properly updated the rulings and descriptions for each, I think things’d be much calmer.

It’s oddly enough not an issue of there being a missing server, it’s just that what we have is described as something entirely different than what it actually is, and as such part of the playerbase on both MRP and LRP is after something they won’t realistically find here. A third server would fix that by having something for all tastes.

3 Likes

This is an endless pit. Making an RP server, watching it succumb to the lrp tide and then making another RP server.

1 Like

considering LRP only seems to have a single admin on semi-rarely have fun stretching the already stretched thin admin team across three servers

A big part of the problem is also that one codebase is being used for two different roleplay standards.

Medbay getting more indepth like tg/Para/any other MRP server is downvoted because it gets in the way of powergaming. Buffing Security’s capability to deal with the endless hordes of shitters is similarly dismissed, and even if it’s fixing a regression there is resistance.

But if you want to delete the race played by the most roleplayers and replace it with a literal shit flinging race and you’ll incite almost half the server demanding this happen. At this point I wouldn’t even mind a third server being tg or another codebase tbh.

6 Likes

God, I really hate the people wanting to bring shitty features to make MRP more MRP. The problem with MRP is the amount of players that go un-punished, not the rules. The different between MRP and LRP are the rules, as should be. Problem is, the lack of enforcement. The admins tell you to ahelp it, but having to ahelp about 15 different assistants running around with a spear, the QM lying to the hop to get to have guns, xenobiology spamming sentients carps as non antags and the captain for choosing “Trial by combat” (This gets old very fast, especially when one of them does not agree to fight) whenever a dispute
happens, is just not even close to fun.

MRP is just LRP but people have room to do their job, that’s all.

3 Likes

mrp has no rp because it has too many players who want to play it

Right now it’s not the rules that are the problem but the players and as already stated above, the huge amount of those people that go unpunished. LRP is the server considered to be for begginers and has less rules and it sounds like it should get higher pop but everyone still comes to MRP forgetting that it has higher rp standards.

I have screenshots of LRP having twice the amount of players on MRP with same amount of admins.

Also a screenshot of LRP having just as many players as MRP with 0 admins on while MRP had 5.

can’t blame the admins that they don’t want to go on golden.

1 Like

holy shit didnt expect this vote to get this big

don’t apply for admin then

Between not having enough admins to cover every server already, the heavier moderation required to run a HRP server and the fact that it costs money to host one + all the changes that would need to be made mechinically to suit HRP I just dont see it happening.

qwerty said we can easily open up atleast 5 more servers.

no admins on golden: WAAAH THE JANNIES ARE ERPING THATS WHY THEYRE NOT HERE!!!

admins on golden: WHAT THE FUCK BRO ITS NOT AGAINST THE RULES FUCK YOU JANNIE

no matter what admins do you always cry, maybe stop doing that and admins will give a shit about about golden.

dunno if you noticed but admins are people, if you scream at them then they’ll just pull the "fuck you "card and stop admining on that particular server, but that never occured to you did it?

4 Likes