Should Famous character names be banned for people who are not that characters player?

okay here’s a suggestion, what if we put the names of more famous players in a list or something, and only the people who actually are the players with that name be allowed to use that name?

this probably won’t get added but let me explain it further

let’s say you became quite famous on the server, to the point people from outside started knowing about you, let’s say Mimo in this case since everyone knows Mimo, if someone who doesn’t have Mimos Ckey tries to set their mime name to Mimo, it should say that’s not an available name

weather or not a name is considered famous by the server should first be brought up by admins, then a player poll is started

but hey, I don’t think this will be done but it would be cool knowing you are playing with THAT famous guy

Time to name myself [NWORD]slayer69, validhunt a bit and then get my name on the cool kids list

Also why? Why restrict a name?

1 Like

let’s say Mimo in this case since everyone knows Mimo, if someone who doesn’t have Mimos Ckey tries to set their mime name to Mimo, it should say that’s not an available name

why would anyone do that
make your own legacy

2 Likes

thats what im saying, it stops people from “stealing” peoples names and faking someone

im saying it stops stealing from already famous names, i know it kinda sucks but its just an idea

pretty sure its already against the rules to just use duplicate names as other players tbh

if not it should be

It’s generally seen as harassment @mcrideinspace

I mean, just ‘cause it looks like @OwenMcShain and speaks like @OwenMcShain doesn’t mean it’s @OwenMcShain

Most players have a distinct way of acting, playing and talking. For example, you could try and pretend you’re Owen by making a character that looks EXACTLY like him, but can you defend yourself like he does? Are ya gonna speak like he does? Act like he does?

Most people know the regulars’ CKEYs by now, so if you see some Owen McShain lookin’ ass but not his CKEY, you can assume he ain’t the real one.

I don’t really see a purpose of doing that, you’re gonna get beaten up and called out if you try to play off as some well known guy, and logs have your CKEY so you can’t really just try and get someone else banned by doin’ that.

Edit: also takin’ into account that some famous player names are literally RNG, it’d mean adding some code shit to prevent players from getting that EXACT combination.

It’s already covered also. It falls under harassment. Mfw I got bwoinked for making a clown called Zoey the Zany :clown_face:

8 Likes

didn u run around as alfred collins or lubricant bob urself during an event round and won lol

its like naming yourself cuban pete and not maxcapping whole station

2 Likes

I’ve masqueraded myself as alfred a few times. Not during the event I won though.

Alfred on citadel be like

bruhhhhhh

10 Likes

Why does he like lizard balls

ok who the fuck is mimo never heard of them

anyways i don’t think this is neccessary
people have only impersonated me a couple times, and I don’t play bee nearly as much aas I used to

Some robust mime that terrorizes mrpers (based)

ive seen people memeing velvet on other servers shortly after there ERP ban, it was hilarious

bestparty is correct, Mimo ( @gullieco ) is a powergaming, self-antagging robust mime that will kill half the station for a cakehat.

изображение
NOOOOOOOOOO YOU CANNOT STEAL MY CHARACTER NOO THIS IS MY INTELLEACTUAL PRORPEPRPTY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION NOOOOOOOO THIS IS ILLEGAL I WILL SUE YOU AND BAN YOU THIS IS NOT ALOLOWED DO NOT DO THAT NOOO

изображение

изображение
haha name funny

8 Likes

literally who the fuck cares about that

1 Like

someone could theoritically pick your name and act like a total shitter, leading to you getting metagrudged

2 Likes