Self salad sec ling player report

To be fair, sec was quite clear in their intention to murder him the moment they finished off all the other lings. Outside of his hearing range, that is. That’s the main reason why self-salads are dumb. Because you can’t self-salad, you’ll get murdered at the most opportune time and any admin you complain about it to will respond with: “Good.”

“All antagonists MUST put their objectives first, and not act contrary to their objectives, unless greentext becomes impossible!”
I think I checked the ling’s objectives, saw the competitive task and thought that it was dumb, cringe and probably won’t work but at least he’s trying and continued with the other stuff. But 0 succed victims indicates that he wasn’t, in fact, trying. Hmm.

You don’t need to succ to get genome.

The fact he didn’t even try and sting ANYONE for one is a bit scuffed though.

Whilst the rules “4. You Must Roleplay” and “14. Do Your Job” don’t explicitly refer to antags sticking to their role, it’s arguably in the same spirit as these rules. Probably time for some more explicit Antag Conduct rules for Sage.

But 0 succed victims indicates that he wasn’t, in fact, trying. Hmm.

Yup. Wasn’t playing 4D chess and monitoring sec. He was just hunting other lings.

Under the current rules (non-team) Antags have no compulsion to complete their objectives.

Antags acting against other antags without reason should be discouraged. If you’re playing the game simply to ruin it for others, we probably don’t want you around.

This is being discussed among the admins, don’t think you’ve been forgotten.

This is being discussed among the admins, don’t think you’ve been forgotten.

yeah this is fine on lrp but should be bannable on the ROLEPLAY server

The current standard is that you cannot be banned for it, but an admin is allowed to take action against you, up to and including creating fully fledged antagonists with the sole objective of eliminating you for your “betrayal”.

1 Like

Me on my way to create protocol order sixty-six:

And when there are no admins? The server just has to deal?

Wizard being helpful or just neutral makes sense rp wise because sometimes they’re obj’s are literally just “take a slime core” or something other than that is 100% okay RP wise to not kill everyone for. On the other hand, a TRAITOR should not be helpful, an IAA is an enemy of the station because they can and will harm people other than the bad person, and thus cannot be helpful. Same with ling, your job is to hurt people. Stop trying to do otherwise. Heretic is debatable, I’ve only had one round with heretics

I don’t get why it’s ok for a ling to hunt other lings, but not OK for a culti to expose cult, or for a rev to out revheads, or for a Incursionist to out incursion so that he survives.

Lings can freely hunt other lings since absorbing them boosts their own powers, the issue here is that the ling was only doing it to out them to security instead of doing it to absorb them.

Changelings are no longer a team antagonist.

The other antagonists you listed are team antags, and are expected to cooperate.

It has been policy on Bee that lone antagonists don’t have an obligation to complete their objectives. Roll Traitor and simply want to lurk in maint abducting people to brainwash? That’s fine. Roll ling and want to use the regenerative powers to survive exploring space? That’s fine.

If you’re a traitor, you can kill other traitors for their telecrystals to boost your own. That’s a bit mean, but allowed.

What’s under discussion here is a player seeming to go out of their way to ruin the round for other antags, in a way that breaks immersion and RP (confirmed enemy of the corporation working with security). It didn’t give them any benefit, since they didn’t bother to complete their objectives.

3 Likes

this has happened before, I cant remember but I know a few months ago lings where on the reg. doing exactly what the OPs report is about

and it was really shit then too

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rule Discussion: Roleplay, Antags, Powergaming and You!

This is being closed due to excessive age, as part of an effort to get player reports under control again.