Self salad sec ling player report

Title: [Offender’s CKEY] Player Report

CKEY: Wisakejak

Offender’s CKEY: Boogieman_sam

LRP or MRP server: Sage

Offender’s In-Game Name: William Poehl

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 26/9

Round Number:21837

Rules Broken: Roleplay? Don’t be an asshole? Antag conduct.

Incident Description: Self salad ling. Outed himself to sec as ling and started validhunting other lings. Helped sec arrest other lings with his pheromone receptors. I know some objs (Absorb another ling) allow lings to go against other lings, but he didn’t have this objective. As a matter of fact, he didn’t accomplish any of his objectives.

Additional Information:

Boogieman_sam was William Poehl the Cargo Technician and died
Changeling ID: Mr. Chi.
Genomes Extracted: 0

Objective #1 : Extract more compatible genomes than any other Changeling. Fail.
Objective #2 : Steal the chief engineer’s advanced magnetic boots. Fail.
Objective #3 : Assassinate Ethan Keener, the Station Engineer. Success!
Objective #4 : Escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive and without being in custody. Fail.
The changeling has failed.

Outing yourself to sec is the cringiest thing you can do but it’s not bannable.

1 Like

No; he went out of his way to neglect the objectives and hunt down other lings.

idk why he didn’t have any genomes but I’m pretty sure it’s in your best interest to have your competition dead

Even if he manages to kill all ‘competition’ before the 5 minute mark, 0 genomes won’t help you much.

idk why he didn’t have any genomes

Cause he hunted/outed other lings the entire round.

Wasn’t using pheremone senses to exclusively out other lings instead of complete absorb other ling objective, but to help security a bannable thing?

Personally I am exclusively in favor of antag banning friendly antags, especially changelings who go above and beyond, taking pheremone senses to do shit on this level.

1 Like

Currently not, but friendly antags are so cringe it should be bannable.

IIRC this isn’t really a bannable thing. He also had a objective that went well with this play style. Is it cringe? Yep. Does it break any rules, probably not.

Arch responds as I hit send :pensive:

His play style netted him 2 failed objectives, and an objective he ignored and succeeded in. No, it did not go well with his objectives.

Objective #1 : Extract more compatible genomes than any other Changeling.

His job was pretty much fuck over other lings- then kill CE.

Killing the other lings is a good idea for objective one.

The fact he had no genomes is a tad scuffed though.

I didn’t mean to imply that it DID go well, but it could have.

Solo antags are encouraged to do their objectives but not completing them isn’t against the rules.

Using pheremone receptors to ruin other antags round exclusively for no reason other than “I suck so I get all of sec backing me up + ling powers” should be against the rules, as well as any head that actually lets them do this shit.

If people are gonna cry about the lack of “RP” on Sage (To which they’re wrong), maybe cry about shit RP from antags too (and especially the security that doesn’t take any opportunity they can get to kill lings)?

4 Likes

To be fair, sec was quite clear in their intention to murder him the moment they finished off all the other lings. Outside of his hearing range, that is. That’s the main reason why self-salads are dumb. Because you can’t self-salad, you’ll get murdered at the most opportune time and any admin you complain about it to will respond with: “Good.”

“All antagonists MUST put their objectives first, and not act contrary to their objectives, unless greentext becomes impossible!”
I think I checked the ling’s objectives, saw the competitive task and thought that it was dumb, cringe and probably won’t work but at least he’s trying and continued with the other stuff. But 0 succed victims indicates that he wasn’t, in fact, trying. Hmm.

You don’t need to succ to get genome.

The fact he didn’t even try and sting ANYONE for one is a bit scuffed though.

Whilst the rules “4. You Must Roleplay” and “14. Do Your Job” don’t explicitly refer to antags sticking to their role, it’s arguably in the same spirit as these rules. Probably time for some more explicit Antag Conduct rules for Sage.

But 0 succed victims indicates that he wasn’t, in fact, trying. Hmm.

Yup. Wasn’t playing 4D chess and monitoring sec. He was just hunting other lings.

Under the current rules (non-team) Antags have no compulsion to complete their objectives.

Antags acting against other antags without reason should be discouraged. If you’re playing the game simply to ruin it for others, we probably don’t want you around.

This is being discussed among the admins, don’t think you’ve been forgotten.

This is being discussed among the admins, don’t think you’ve been forgotten.

yeah this is fine on lrp but should be bannable on the ROLEPLAY server