Sage and antag metainfo, should it be banned? a discussion

To be fair if we’re talking realism

Real private security don’t go gung-ho as individuals either. They’re extremely restrained in a way that would frankly make them look like cowards if you didn’t know better
(ignore propaganda videos.)

Not on MRP. MRP sec is the right combination of sociopathic murderer and felinid dommy mommy that doesn’t quite cross the line, but still gives you that irky feeling.

Real private security don’t go gung-ho as individuals either.

I think this is because your average secoff knows his starting gear is more than enough to deal with almost anything an antag has to offer.

Nah, it’s because real people value their lives and have organizational constraints.

It’s why you’ll see swat teams armed with military equipment who’ll just sit outside of a building doing nothing until hours after the shooter has killed themselves already (as is usually the case.) Or police officers deployed in those buildings with guns turning tail and running like everyone else.

It’s actually pretty difficult to get people to be willing to put themselves at risk to kill others. Not that I’m saying I want it to be realistic, but that I don’t care what realistic is here.

We can solve this metainfo problem by shaping what you know, especially in regards to traitor gear, with measures like contraband lists which defines how you can react to say, the discovery of a storage implant or Gamer Noslips. We could also improve and encourage the implants available to make dealing with known heretics who haven’t committed higher crimes possible too.

As for the nature of antag knowledge in general, I’d rather not. There’s a (exaggerated) stereotype of HRP servers where you’re forced to act surprised every time a blob, cult, or ling shows up which wouldn’t be fun at all for MRP.

5 Likes

WHY did you have to say this

2 Likes

Yeah I think this may be the best way to go about it. Combined with Ravellon’s post about spriting(albeit without the varying levels of allowed metainfo) serve as a guide for what qualifies for what classification of contraband.

TBH these servers tend word that poorly so it reads more “You didn’t even know there were these kinds of threats” instead of the(hopefully intended) “you always think it’ll never happen to you(and you don’t know the full scope of their abilities, etc.).”

We can solve this metainfo problem by shaping what you know, especially in regards to traitor gear, with measures like contraband lists which defines how you can react to say, the discovery of a storage implant or Gamer Noslips. We could also improve and encourage the implants available to make dealing with known heretics who haven’t committed higher crimes possible too.

Are you hinting rulechange?

That would be necessary to implement that but nah, I have no power with this (not that i’d deserve it either lmao.)

It’s just that I think there are MRP servers that have alleviated this issue to an extent.

Fran used to talk about a space law rework too, not sure what became of it.

You should not know things that your character should not reasonably know.

Trying to sus out whether a flashlight or pen is a real item or traitor gear is meta AF and belongs on neither server.

I would this should be enforced on HRP, not MRP.

Sage 2 for HRP when??

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.