RukoFamicom Staff Feedback Thread

I went from liking to disliking and liking him all over again. Based dude, more fair than most of admins i’ve seen

I rate it E/10 ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵

One of my personal favorite admins, very nice guy and professional. Will absolutely destroy a appeal with a very well thought out and detailed reply that can almost make or break a appeal. Very passionate about the community. 11/10 stars

1 Like

Can make a paragraph essay that contains 5000 words about “Felinds rights.” in mere 5 minutes

4 Likes

Is the reason why I stopped playing on this server. Players are not playing this game to entertain you, you’re here to make sure they have fun.

I’m only posting it here now as it was clear from our brief interaction that you haven’t understood a thing, just doubled down and mocked me with your immature response.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed that problem with Ruko from my interactions. Is it strictly personal or does this extend to other players as well?

I told him that placing an air injector under the SM was an exploit, and that he needed to return to fix the SM being on fire properly. He got extremely offended by this and went to cryo immediately calling it admin abuse.

In response to that he took down his entire guide to atmospherics tricks and was quite upset when I reverted the post.

I then reverted the edit so his original post was hidden again, and reposted the content in a new thread and immediately hid the thread until I could get around to re-making it into my own guide, which I have yet to do. The re-post remains hidden from the public eye because that’s all it currently is - a straight copy-paste of his original post.

Edit: Here’s the exact bwoink I sent him

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom->Kontaminant: heyo, the air scrubber thing is considered an exploit that hasn't been patched yet. I'd suggest you learn some new tricks for fixing the SM.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom->Kontaminant: Also the SM is on fire again

think about it dude who cares.

doesn’t ruin the game for anyone, doesn’t make the game unenjoyable, literally doesn’t do anything but keep the sm stable somehow using an air injector that injects air under the sm to prevent it from getting cold and delaming.

admins really gotta stop with this its pushing ppl away from the game faster than anything else. interfering with people for victimless stuff is crazy.

edit: I dont blame him for getting upset especially after being passive-aggressive and re-uploading his post as “[rukos atmos tips]” despite him saying he didn’t want it posted here and suggested you make your own

1 Like

Cheating is cheating. SM exploit that creates infinite stable gas + instantly stops any delam is definitely cheating. I’m not sure how exploiting for a stable SM is any less victimless than other cheating that benefits the station.

But if you want some passive-aggression: Yes it’s very mature to have a ‘Take your toys and go home’ because you were told to stop using an exploit, removing an otherwise very helpful guide and refusing to allow the community to benefit from it because you got butthurt over a single interaction. I’m the immature one for trying to correct someone accusing me of adminbus and twisting the situation to an extreme that it isn’t.

I’m not a stoic wall without emotion, and malicious dishonesty is something that upsets me quite a bit. The repost is only visible to the public in its current state if directly linked to, and until it has been re-worked it will remain that way. I have respected their wishes despite heavily disagreeing with their childish mentality behind wanting it removed.

5 Likes

both untrue about how the sm trick works but I’m sure he would’ve explained it to you had you not broke his sm

I think you should respect his choice to have his work removed, it seems very dishonest to reupload the exact same thing minus the sm stuff and label it as your own after he wanted it removed.

when and where I saw the post because it was linked, never noticed it wasn’t visible any other way I’m not a forum mod I wouldn’t know, getting upset about that seems like the silliest thing possible to be upset about (also to point out it is now hidden and my post was modified by you to remove the link to it)

1 Like

I thought this was visible to everyone, not just staff. The thread still exists and is accessable but only by a direct link (at least now anyway, see below).

It definitely is, if I had intended for it to be visible with the tongue-in-cheek title while being a direct copy/paste of his guide.

Because I quoted the original thread, there was a link pointing at the hidden thread in the original thread. I’ve corrected that now, so it won’t be the case anymore

“Malicious dishonesty” was not directed toward you in any way. It’s directed toward the player leaving negative feedback, and I am directly referencing this recollection of what happened in the round as well as the feedback based on our single interaction.

You’ve called my engine setup an exploit and then proceeded to edit the map to delaminate the SM with admin powers, smugly telling me it’s on fire again in admin PM. What you’re doing now is just bullying.

mocked me with your immature response.

I reset the SM chamber to roundstart, including boosting the SM back to full health via respawning it. I did nothing to change the loop, air alarm or settings so it resumed delaminating from an improper setup, but with more health than it initially had by the time Kontaminant showed up.

I never mocked the player even in the hidden thread, which you’ve seen for yourself.

It takes a nuanced and complex game mechanic and removes the challenge from it, using a coding oversight.

If Cargo finds a method to earn infinite money at the start of the round, is it still an exploit even if it “doesn’t ruin the game for anyone”?

There are a few roundstart ways to make infinite money that are fun to do still a exploit but they are fun and net positive,

sm really isnt that hard, hot gas out cold gas in there are 2x4 setups for sm crystal saw one yesterday

Ruko is a good administrator and one of the people who do player reports alongside me; he’s one of the reasons I stay instead of deadminning myself.

Keep going.

I suspected your decision to label something an exploit was based out of pure ignorance, I recommend you reread the guide you claimed as your own now. I have no problem with you not knowing something if you at least made an attempt at understanding it, but you just jump to conclusion and hammer out what you don’t even understand.

Practically every piece of advice I wrote in it is based on the underlying code being utter non-sense. Including “creating infinite stable gas” by duping it with a flamethrower, or making pure plasma magically explode because whoever coded single tank bombs had no idea what they were doing, or explicitly bypassing coded in limits for pipes by using passive vents, or bypassing the inherent property of hyper-noblium preventing gas reactions by taking advantage of a missing limit on said reaction, or how maxing out research with bz is so easy because the condition for limiting bz research has a wrong number of arguments.

But you’d know all this if you actually understood what you “ruled” on. What really nails the point home is @bloons3 comment on cargo credits, when lavaland can spawn with infinite bz.

For the record, I told you “ok” (quite literally just “ok”, no other message from me) in admin PM and went to cryo since I had no intention of arguing with you over admin PMs and you made a decision already, I didn’t cry admin abuse as you claim.

Harvesting BZ requires actual effort of setting up machinery on Lavaland. Lavaland having random atmos, and Cargo being able to sell bottled Atmos to CentCom are both intended mechanics, though the balance might be a bit off sometimes.

However, if you found a a method to put cargo on the shuttle where it wouldn’t actually be sold when it arrived at CentCom but would still give you the credits, that would be an exploit.

Placing an air injector under the supermatter causes the supermatter to no longer process atmos like it normally does. It becomes impossible to delaminate the SM, since the atmos tile it is on will always be at the perfect temperature, and the perfect ratio of N2 (even through the chamber has been vented to space).

Something along the same lines, the TEG creates energy from a hot/cold difference. Hooking it up to the turbine and a space loop to energy from the turbine’s heat and space’s cold is one way of doing it, and how it is intended.

Using heaters and freezers connected to the hot and cold lines to generate infinite power is an exploit because heaters and freezers consume less energy to heat and cool atmos than is produced by the TEG. If you were to make a guide on how to perform the TEG exploit, it would be removed.

jannie ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵

Deleted ?vex. I’ve never witnessed more cringe ever in my entire life.

I’m aware of your response in the round, and I assumed you just had to go and didn’t even know you were frustrated at the time (only after your post on the forums). Once again, this is in reference to this comment which is more or less a direct accusation of admin abuse. You accuse me of smugly delaminating the SM and bullying you, later adding on the claim that I’m an admin for my own entertainment.

Additionally.

I’m not the one who declared this an exploit. It was first brought up as an exploit a few days prior when it was first stopped. The instance with you is not the first instance of it being stopped. You are correct that I didn’t fully understand how it worked at the time, but I do now and I hold that my description is accurate enough.

Atmos on the tile with the supermatter crystal freezes. It stops processing entirely once this exploit is done. You don’t even need to keep a pipe connected to the air injector, so the claims from players that it is just “very slowly” releasing gas isn’t accurate at all because once active the stable gas on the SM is, in fact, going to remain stable infinitely even though it is exposed to and should be sucked into the vacuum of space.

The fact you learn your tricks by looking at code in order to find mishandled spaghetti to use only makes this worse. This wasn’t some trick you learned through trial and error or because someone taught you it worked, you’re literally using the ability to understand coding to look for coding issues and then abusing them rather than fixing them if I’m understanding you right

But in any case, this is going nowhere. You’re free to believe what you want about me and my motivations. If you truly think I’m a bully who’s just here to destroy rounds, I don’t think I can change your mind. We seem to see things in a fundamentally different light. I own up to being passive aggressive at times - but I maintain that I never was with you until you started making BS claims/assumptions about me and how I acted in that round.

2 Likes

Ruko is a cool dude. Only played with him once, but his presence on the forums is a tremendous asset to the community. Does a lot of work with player reports and is respectful and respectable even in times when you might disagree with him. You can really see the amount of time he puts into keeping beestation’s community chugging along and it’s something to respect.

9 Likes