RKz Admin App

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

RKz

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

Biggus Dickus#0723

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):

EST. I am available at rather random times during the week due to classes and my job. I am generally available between 5 PM-2 AM most days. I will usually be around to help at least 4 hours on any given day.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

I, myself, am very interested in Player Reports and the forums in general. There seems to be a rather noticeable delay for some of them(up to or over a month before being resolved) that is not entirely the fault of the staff. I hope to contribute to lowering these times.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

It was recommended to me by Headmin llol11 at the time back in September. I didn’t really take the proposition seriously at first, but over time the concept has begun to grow on me. Frankly, I see this as another way to give back to a community I love. Seeing as I cant code a damn

How long have you been playing SS13?:

7/30/2020 My first station was FULP, at the recommendation of a friend. I have about 100 hours on Fulp I believe, though that may be inaccurate as I’ve only had 1 connection back there since I joined Bee.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

13 Months. I joined on 9/29/2020

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):

3 I’ve had hours of experience on private ss13 servers where I have explored the mechanics of the game(some of which I posted on the beecord) and the admin powers.

I’m not certain if it counts, but I have done preliminaries on player reports and ban appeals in the past as a Mentor. Things such as posting Centcom records as a “Neutral Party” or being the first staff member to arrive at an appeal and asking the appealer productive questions.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

Yes. Well, somewhat. I infrequently hosted games during Barotrauma Legacy for about a year while it was still active. I am well acquainted with griefers and others that flock to those types of games.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Not Applicable.

Your strengths:

Sleep is literally just a suggestion, with ungodly hours of the day, a promise.

I worked in retail for a few years in the bumfuck bottomfeeder locations, my skin is a bit thicker as a result.

Your weaknesses:

I generally shitpost way too much and seek reactions from others (positive or otherwise). In attempts at humor, I like to think I’ve made people laugh, but I also have probably not taken others’ feelings seriously and come off as rather insensitive at times. It is something I am trying to work on.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

Someone refusing to give the time of day to hear you out or compromise at all

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

Patience

What makes a staff team good?:

Group Cohesion. The ability for the team to be able to reach consensus, or at least compromise, ensures that voices are heard. Mistrust or inability to reach a compromise leads to unfortunate events like the Fortuna13 situation.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

Two functions, Moderation to keep the game safe for its userbase to enjoy, and Game Mastering to keep the game fun and every shift unique

What kind of player are you?:

I most frequently enjoy pushing the game mechanics in interesting ways, and like helping new players experience and enjoy this absolute mindfuck of a game.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

I will likely be more reserved in my mannerisms OOC to try and represent Beestation Staff. I can no longer just be a mentor who shitposts and get on people’s nerves.

I will frankly probably stop playing Head roles and Security completely, the conflict of interest would be too distracting, even deadminned.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

Is the clown an antagonist? If so, ignore.
Otherwise…
Check Clown note and ban history. Question Clown through ahelp why he sent a Unique item barreling through the abyss.
Can/will this situation be resolved ICly?

Depending on interaction and further events of the round, issue either a red note, or minor ban

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

Quick ajail. Check his hours and notes for previous behavior.
Check logs and scout the area with aghost. Did he just accidentally turn on the mixing chamber to distro by accident? Maybe be lenient if so.

Low hours warrant a perma with “Likely Griefer, explain on forums if you care”.
I find it extremely difficult to believe a new player:

1. Knows how to operate an RPED
  2. Knows how gas flows through pipes.
    but I digress.

Greater hours should constitute a server and long role ban.

If the player has major grief notes in their history or a grief ban history, a standard perma should be considered.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

Point and Laugh, there’s really no OOC action to take in this situation. I’ve done this myself when mixing up recipe orders and it’s a quick lesson to learn. Direct him to the Chemistry Wiki page in deadchat, though they will likely already understand why they blew up regardless.

Something like an immediate Potassium+Water at round start would raise my eyebrow and warrant further suspicion, however.

6 Likes

I noticed a vouch question wasn’t present on the application questions but is present on the mentor ones.

Anyway, in September, Llol111, Kiera(jonnysalami), and Wueue all said I would be a competent moderator. So after two months of the application sitting as a draft, here I am.

2 Likes

:heavybreathing:

I am glad you applied

3 Likes

I’m in for confusing the players with rkv/rkz moderators.

Will share a little question in a bit.

5 Likes

+1

T:+1

Post must be at least 20 characters

3 Likes

We need a mod in the EST time zone who, like me, is awake all the time

2 Likes

Alright, here’s my one question: (I’m still building my notepad, okay?)

• A traitor purchases Disco Inferno emergency shuttle, which is announced to all crew. Sometime later in the round a mob of crewmembers hunts for them and kills them. The now deceased traitor ahelps that a bunch of folks validhunted them even if they were not showing any intent to harm them. What do you do?
2 Likes

The ship that kills >90% of passengers. That dude better have hijack. If he doesn’t, begin suspecting him instead.

The hijack objective will change his escalation to murderbone, at which point he has already revealed his objective by purchasing the harmful shuttle.

His purchasing of the shuttle indicates he is willing to harm crew and try to fulfill his objective. So I’m kinda disputing that.

All in all, he purchased the shuttle that crew should IC know would lead to their death. Him backing them into the corner for escaping and the change in escalation makes this not validhunting.

2 Likes

i did infact promt you do apply so obviously i support this becomign a thing gamer
+1

5 Likes

Yup! Pretty much. Good answer.

I’d +1 but you know how it works for moderators. Good luck in your app!

T: +2

3 Likes

App looking good so far but questions first. Note these are meant to be rather difficult to answer and it is fine if you get them wrong. Just try and answer them to the best of your abilities.

• A medical doctor ahelps that they’ve been randomly killed by an engineer in maintenance near the medbay entrance. After checking the traitor panel of the murderer you see that they have two steal objectives, reflective vest and the supermatter sliver. Checking the logs you notice that there wasn’t any prior interaction between the two nor did the medical doctor start the fight. How do you respond to the ahelp? And what if anything do you do?

• The only xenobiologist, with around 8h played, ahelps apologizing that they misclicked with their slime console and accidently dropped a couple slimes into medbay. You notice that the floor in medbay is blue and there’s around 8-9 slimes attacking people. How do you respond to the ahelp? And what if anything do you do?

• A player with around 4h played ahelps asking if this servers roleplay “seriousness” is more like bay roleplay or more like TGs roleplay. What do you tell him?

2 Likes

Lucky bastard

Check if the engineer’s traitor identity has been revealed, that is really the only valid reason I can see for engaging someone both outside one’s objectives and department.

Otherwise, the traitor has broken escalation policy.

For the Ahelp, I would acknowledge it and type “Investigating”, and then check the traitor engineers note and ban history.
If its a new player or one with incredibly few hour:ban ratio, I would tell the antagonist to please be more careful with escalation and then I would ensure the engineer does not round end their victim.

A player with a history of escalation issues would receive a much harsher punishment

A point of interest why he was hovering the console eye here in the first place.

Cerulean extract, looks like. Check logs just incase

that’s no misclick

Check player history, if the 8hr account has a damning note or ban, then I would server and job ban him

If no history, I’d let him off with a harsh note and I would tell him to go over department and server rules again and be more careful in the future

Slimes would claim a few lives, but 90% of crews probably have the basic competency to kill them. The fact that it was perpetrated by a scientist would be pretty obvious, so it would probably work itself out ICly

We aren’t like the “MRP” or “HRP” of either. We don’t really use that title. You are simply expected to roleplay as a character aboard a space station with reasonable mental acuity. Act like you want to keep your job.

2 Likes

Single isolated killings are mostly IC issues even if there isn’t really alot of reason for it. Getting a crewmembers ID and thus access to another departement is always handy as antagonist.

This was a tricky question and you got the answer right. A 8h account would’ve never been able to make a cerulean extract. And you really don’t misclick into medbay to drop slimes accidently, as you would have to hover over there with your camera. This guy self ahelped to try and get away with his grief. If his account was created very recently then the likelyhood of that guy being a ban evader/griefer is rather high.

If his account is rather old and they tell you that they’ve played on other servers then the note/reminder to read our rules you described is the best course of action. Good answer here.

Good answer here.

Solid app, decent history and good answers. +1. Would like to see how you do as a moderator.

T: +3

2 Likes

Oh shit, I forgot.

I was also a club penguin tour guide at one point like 12 years ago
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Well, since I’m now allowed to formally do this: +1

T: +4

3 Likes

Their is no question I can think of that has not already been asked, or asked in another capacity. Your answers to the other questions are also all fine.

I give you my +1.

Total of +5.

1 Like

Also as an aside because my xeno knowledge is killing me, the max number of slimes a console can hold at once is five. You can’t dump nine into medical without going there, dumping slimes, going back to xenobiology, and dumping another four slimes.

2 Likes

got banned by me +1
t:+6

also good answers

1 Like

+1

:white_check_mark: (he’ll know what this is for)

2 Likes

+2 fuck you one upping

3 Likes