Reverse Garbage Magic (And other magical things maybe!)

Why of course:

1 Like

I am now going to tree powers activate.

No wait! My idea is not to min max!

It’s useful stuff for me and others to try out!

Like just knowing it’s possible for me to experiment.

Like, as an ethereal the medbay never has blood for me. So I learned you can draw your own blood with those IV stand thinggies by clicking on them and toggling so they turn red!

Hihi

1 Like

Funfact! You can skip wrapping the mail individually and just destination tag the mail itself! Makes the process super fast and easier.

2 Likes

Now this is epic. Gonna try it out next time I’m on cargo!

I have another thing I haven’t quite tested but it’s interesting nonetheless!

Sugar gets you high time express to sleepy town. I’ve only tried this when I was a bee so I’m unsure how it could be applied to more human based nefarious deeds but I intend to test it out soon :smiling_imp:

If you ever play as a shaft miner :

Fulton

There is an item called “Fulton Extraction Pack”

As any miner should know, using this on anything that isn’t anchored and/or below a roof tile will send it to a beacon you’ve linked it to (this may include yourself. Careful it will drop any item in your hand)

The magic trick is to do this while you are in a locker/box. It’ll transport anything in the box including you and won’t leave you stunned for a long while like when you do it normally.

Armor

You can kill goliaths and use their plates to reinforce both your main armor and hood up to three times each.

1 Like

I knew of those two items except the magic trick!

Ive had to use the folton because of blue space stuff going on with the shuttles so they became useless, the only way to mine was to throw ourselves into space and fulton!

I will try this box thing for sure! If anything sounds like a good prank? Cheers!

1 Like

I have failed to weaponize sugar.

I am extremely dissapointed.

Will now move on to try and weaponize my own blood.

This posts is very wholesome, thank you for sharing your new discoveries and i certainly hope you enjoy your stay here! i’m currently sitting at 2735hs on Bee myself and every once in a while i stumble with something that i never knew it existed! That’s one of the things that makes SS13 great to me, in fact i’ve yet to put hours on certain jobs because leaving aside the ones i main there’s always that opportunity to turn a fresh page and start learning a job from scratch, of course i get glimpses on how certain department works thanks to general exposure and seeing other players doing stuff, but i feel like i can go ‘‘Today i will play bartender and finally learn how to make drinks! Wait these ones have so many cool effects!!’’ And having that glimpse of discovery vibes again

A lot of other fabulous players here already pointed it but feel free to always ask around on Discord, the forums or use the mentortab if you’re ever in need of help or want to know something! Our wiki might be a little outdated on certain stuff but for the most part it’s reliable to always have on hand to check how to make certain things!

As for

Like, as an ethereal the medbay never has blood for me. So I learned you can draw your own blood with those IV stand thinggies by clicking on them and toggling so they turn red!

Medbay usually only has one single bag of Liquid Electricity (labeled LE) on the blood freezer but it’s certainly nice of you to walk in and ask to be a donor, not many people do it and there’s some rounds where we’re in need of even basic blood! So those little acts always have a positive effect, just remember to recharge yourself(if ethereal/ipc) or eat the Power Bars from the candy vendor(Ethereal only i think) so you don’t start fainting/feeling weak! Same logic for the others species if you donate too much blood be sure to eat up after it just like irl!

1 Like

Here’s a boat load of more tips!

1 Like

Comfy thread comfy thread
Why do people not use fultons in explo?

1 Like

1400 hours, I discovered you can turn off bins and hide stuff in them. From items to bodies to yourself. Very hard to spot a bin that is off, although there is a tiny blue light that indicates there is something inside the bin.

2 Likes

Damn I had thought about bins as a way to do away with things and I new you could shut them off, but I never thought of HIDING stuff in one! Reality is I’ve yet to see anyone eject a bin’s contencts to check whats up haha!

These are good because they are not fully explained so it leaves me with the task of exploring! Thank you!

You can mail maxcaps around the station and make it dissapear

1 Like

What are maxcaps?

The term maxcap is used in ss13 when talking about explosives. Due to a guy named cuban pete, people figured out you can use toxins (the science sub-department) to make extremely big explosions. At a certain point, he was exploding entire stations in a small ammount of time. So coders added a cap on how big an explosion can be. Now any explosive that reaches that cap is called a “maxcap”.

Sometimes you’ll also hear about a “research maxcap” or similar. In toxins, your goal is to make a big explosive and record it for research points. But the research you get is actually based on its theoretical value. However, the ammount of research you can get has a cap (quite a bit higher than the explosion radius cap), and making an explosive whose theoretical values get past that cap (which is alot harder) is often called a research maxcap or something along those lines.

Tldr: maxcaps are big explosives

1 Like

There is even a fun global leaderboard for the biggest research maxcap you can see in the IC tab!

1 Like

They’re usually a pain to get, so you might as well just gamble on finding a hand tele or full teleporter unit.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.