Rant thread

Well yes, and different points of reasoning. Mine being that the only way I can interact with culties is losing my sanity with all the bloodshed before a wrath comes, teleports into my tile and kills me because AIs have 0 ways to deal with constructs. A total of 15 minutes of frustration, then 40 minutes of ghost time. What a GRAND design.

Yeah that admittedly could use some work, I can see your frustrations

You can get the crew to move you, or have your engie borg do an epic troll and fix your sat so that the turrets can shoot them :flushed: ya gotta think outside DA BOX!!

That implies that
→ i have a borg
→ i have an engieborg
→ i have an engieborg that actually follows my orders
→ cult is confirmed
→ wrath is not the first thing being spotted because some dungus cultist didnt convert but kill
to get soulstone

This cascade almost never happens.

1 Like

The first one doesn’t necessarily require anything, just cult is confirmed. Most of the time cult is outed before the AI gets nabbed. It’s sad to die with a whimper, but I also see it as fair to be honest. Wraiths aren’t even the worst way to die, you can just get bluespace launch padded out of your sat with even less warning, unironically.

I know, I know.

I disagree. At least I get a motion warning with bluespace launchpad because the maximum tile range is 2 tiles away from my inner reinforced wall on most maps, 1 tile on meta.
Also the comparison does not even matter: we were talking about why cult is an absolutely awful experience for AI players:

• Almost no interaction
  • Your borgs are useless because they get easily just turned into constructs because a blood cult needs anti mech spells.
  • Bound to anti crew/anti human harm laws while they kill each other
  • Wrath is turning you 90% of the time into a ghost before you can prepare any countermeasures
  • moving my core or building more turrets is metagaming and not allowed for the same reason why adding anti traitor and anti cult laws at round start is not allowed.

This whole debacle could be easily disengaged and turned into a fun activity for AI if blood cult could turn you into some kind of mechanical blood ai with special abilities, instead of just removing you from the round almost every time at round start.

if it’s q confirmed threat it’s not?

and neither js this???

Also, you forget that reactions are delayed. even if i notice it, it takes on average several minutes before i can actually get a borg to come to me. compare it with how long it takes to get a medical doc to move somewhere when you are cmo.

If you do it for no reason then yes, just wait for it to be called.

Briefcase, maybe, the full launch pad has 60 tiles range, and even if they have the briefcase version, you still can not stop it without borgs, same problem.

I think the clock cult has something for AIs actually, gives them a law. TBH twister construction on AI making it get that law 0 would be cool, but that would require the wraith to bring someone in, so they’d still opt in to kill you instead of convert you probably.

True, but that has happened to me maybe once, in my around 400 hours of AI play time. While I get denied to play the game almost every blood cult round.

that would be more like a bandaid fix, but it would still be better than nothing. Everything that increases the chance of me being able to play the game is good.

Wouldnt be even hard to code, blood cult already has dark spirit form, which works very similar to AI.

Nuke ops who die before they even touch the the station because they have no idea what EVA/Combat mode is, or suffocating because they put their miniature internals tank in their hardsuit storage and used it for their inbuilt jetpack.

You should know how jetpacks and internals work before enabling your operative preferences, come on now. We had a war ops round where 3 out of 5 ops died in space before getting inside the station.

10 second c4 instead of 9999.

secret extended should be 1

1 Like

Joining a game not realising you were jaunted to lrp because of max pop on sage.

Being absorbed by a ling because he claims he needs dna samples and realsing he has no idea what dna sting is.

Being kept as a cult shard and not given a construct shell.

Heads of staff not delegating tasks or giving orders to take command (Captains who wire solars or HOS doing brig physician’s job During nukies.)

The incredibly robust Dragnets sitting unused in armoury because 90% of players don’t know how they work.

Making metric tons of food and put it on the tables, just to see it flying away because of fastmos tornados

1 Like

There’s a second value that determines the minimum pop for a round type. As cult’s minimum pop is higher, it’s actually less likely overall. This is why the highpop game modes have such high weights, and why Clock Cult barely shows up.

Clockcult not having a weight of 5.

2 Likes

Xenobiology needs a nerf and then a nerf and then a nerf and then a nerf and then a fucking removal just to bring justice to the fact that those bastards gutted curcuits, THE science department thing.

2 Likes

mrp mains who go on golden and do stupid assholy shit like close off sci protolathe or arrest for breaking and entering

1 Like

So people who enforce the least amount of space law?

1 Like