Rant thread

I’d love to do atmos on a closed loop, that sounds like a wonderful challenge.

Go play /vg/ then.

/vg/ atmos is hell. But no fastmos.

When you’re hacking a door and it gets shocked, but then you get chain shocked 2 or 3 times before you can move away.

1 Like

50% of my failed antag runs are due to bola fuckery. I dont use any shortcuts, so getting bolaed is equal to total paralysis for me in game.

I dont know if any other " mouse chads" have the same problem. I dont have problem with robust reaction time, but when i get hit with bola its total overload of information. Insta dropping weapons and sabotaging my movement is honestly so upsetting. And the worst thing is, bolas render ash jaunt, stealth implant and adrenals completely useless so you have to stand there like a dumbass getting ganked by a mob of angry felind assistants.

Remove bola or i remove myself from this plane of existance

6 Likes

Mfw we do not have a hotkey for resisting.

The fact that an ED209 blocked my bola once but that’s just me being unlucky.
I also don’t like the loads of glass alloys with not many uses (plastitanium lol)

Press B

the compact shotgun isn’t even compact

no locking dir… why have blocking when we cant even lock the dir we face.

3 Likes

I could name any number of jobs right here after X change came about.

2 Likes

Dynamic existing and it being the most common gamemode

1 Like

what? we use secret, not dynamic?

1 Like

1 Like

bump wiz up to 2 we dont have a 2 so let wiz be 2 haha

That makes me think: Why is cult 6 and changeling 5? Culties are usually a round ending threat similar to nuke-ops, but lings have a lower chance to happen than culties?

1 Like

For now at least.

Ever since dynamic has been re-worked and has been working out so well, there’s been pretty heavy consideration to change the rotation to just:

• Dynamic
  • Dynamic_Extended (No roundstart antags)
  • Extended (Sage only)

Dynamic now plays out much more like it was intended to. You get variable types of antagonists every round, so you can’t meta the antags that will show up just because one antagonist made themselves known.

Finding a cult doesn’t mean there are no syndicate operatives, and finding a Changeling doesn’t mean a wizard can’t show up later.

Traitorchangeling is on 5
which means that changelings have higher chance to spawn than culties

Because Cult is generally regarded as more fun for the crew to deal with as a whole. It’s a much more involved antagonist and relies on teamwork for both sides. Getting into a 1v1 with cult usually means you get to join them, but getting into a 1v1 with a changeling usually means you just die.

2 Likes

Maybe I am biased because I mostly play AI, but cult is around as fun as bashing your foot against a table post repeatedly.

1 Like

I mean, everyone has different opinions.

Cult has historically polled 70% approval rating in the past. By comparison, revs polled about 50-60% and Gangs (now disabled) had an abysmal 30-40%.