Radstation feedback thread

I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned but this:
is evil.

This is just invincible to alot of situations. Possibly even an exploit. You cant interact with it at melee range from the left side. You can’t attack it, can’t use any tools with it, only resort is to use a ranged attack, which sadly for spiders for example is impossible.
It seems to be an unfortunate combination of the full tile sprite being on top of the directional sprite, but the directional window’s protecting the full tile window from being interacted with. You also can’t alt click on the tile since it will simply tell you you can’t rotate windows while they’re fasted to the floor.

The ironic part? Simple mobs without sentience can actually attack it, so a simple carp can break through, but not an engineer with tools or a blobbernaut with sentience.

2 Likes

This one i apologize for. I thought i had found a nice little solution for one way curtains without having to do anything else. Turns out, yeah it’s a big problem. I’ve coded a new tub type of curtain that only opens from one side, but more importantly deleted all of the D-windows so you can once again attack them

4 Likes

Ooo! A normal door, I like it! Now it can be hacked!! >:D

Can’t be bothered to comb 223 posts but in case it hasn’t already been mentioned, explorer comms don’t exist on rad and the explo console in sci will just sometimes not be linked to the explo shuttle like it should

I love the AI satilite, the feeling, style and uniqueness to it is amazing. However, AI upload feels a bit too far and I dislike the “turrent in the face after tube” room and the lack of any turrent control outside the turret coverage.

i would suggest flipping the outer area 180°. Putting the AI upload in the bottom at No. 1 with some walls and a door or two. Then I’d place the teleporter in No. 2 or 3 to allow it to be easily accessed. Perhaps only giving the room without a teleporter the door into AI upload. I, as the legitimate Captain, shouldn’t have to endure a single disabler shot in my face to say “Wazzup” to the AI. Despite most likely not existing within the bounds of NT; OSHA would not approve. xd

Then I’d also like to see some generic stuft at the enterence that researchers would want to have when they do their research. Pen and paper, AI Card, perhaps a simple console with the AI integrity program. Corg and Box has a simple desk with some stuff.

The AI card is optional, I always forget to bring one when I have to restore the AI so I’d personally appreciate that and it would make sense given the setting. xd

Additionally, other maps include a Beepsky in the AI satilite for the AI to use to defend themselves.

2 Likes

a command door, now it can be hacked after you’ve cut open the plasteel or bought an Emag

Another fun bit of explo jank, if you get the lavaland shuttle, it lets you dock on top of the explo shuttle, deleting the engines in the process and bricking explos

2 Likes

Pfff! Just a lil’ a mild amount of tonfoolery. No worries! Done in no time!

This is more of an of an alternative idea to the AI core as the AI cire currently is perfect.

Blue arrow = Enterence.
Red blocks = Walls.
Angry red face = Turret.
Blue smiling block = AI positions.
Yellow lines = Cat walks.
Cyan blocks = Reinforced window with blast door.
Cyan line = Windoor.

This is a bit inspiried by Delta which has a very cozy AI core.

No idea how this would look in reality, just a random 10 PM (actually 00:10 AM) idea. lol

1 Like

Have i mentioned the issue of the teleporter room being easily… just kidding!

Here for some feedback:

I feel like the gulag shuttle is missing some tinyfans or a proper airlock with depressurize-pressurize on the main airlocks, this is also a good chance to AS WELL add tiny fans to the gulag shuttle, sec will appreciate that a lot! on both doors

It seems there might be missing a console to recover the belongings of the prisoner, since upon sending someone to gulag their belongings just lay on top of the teleporter, iirc they would normally be moved to the redemption machine so they can claim them later, unsure if that machine goes on the ship, lavaland or on the station i never really got to fully understand it since it’s buggy but yeah, it’s missing!

Also i feel like we might have a better ‘‘torture’’ helmet than a gladiator one… like a balaclava? I do think it’s a small execution room, sometimes Cap, HoS, Warden and some officers all wanna look and it’s cramped… it’s certainly missing some execution varieties! if you don’t wanna bother with adding the suffocation one maybe a guillotine to give it an unique flavor? but yeah, too cramped! not enough seats!

Edit: Maybe a beacon could be cool to have here? since it’s the middoe lf the station? o:

Screenshot_19

OH and i also forgot… idk why but on robotics lab some bots are unable to start patrol while you set them to patrol inside the robo lab… i had to drag all my creations and enable the patrol outside for them to wander off!

2 Likes

This is again something i need to code a fix for. Unfortunately that means it’s going to take a bit of time as i am a terrible coder.

I absolutely LOVE this! :smiley:

Super duper cute!!

I love love how one of the solar panels is completely fucked, while the others are almost completed. Makes for a more interesting solar panel setup.

4 Likes

That was Rad?!

First time I ever learnt how to wire solars by myself, I was trying to figure it out and it was on Rad!

I discovered these little things, I thought was interesting, had no idea how to fix the broken ones and I think its a really interesting addition.

Expected to see similar things in other stations but was surprised (and disappointed) not to find so…

2 Likes

Love atmo. Maybe add In/Out pumps to the TEG to make it more obvious.

1 Like

AI can be shot at from space? why is it so commically undefended in general?
All turrets are ineffective and well… line of sight… Bring an energy gun and you win in 5 seconds.

would be safer being dragged into AI upload or a side room…

1 Like

this is the piece of feedback i never understand. the AI has a button that closes all of these blast doors. not shutters, blast doors. if you then want to attack the ai you have to get inside, where it has flashes, solidifying liquid and presumably bots/shell

My bad then… all screenshots and maps showed them as normal windows… Only really noticed when layout was pointed out and I checked myself…

Even in that its impossible to tell.
Sorry

1 Like

all good! I’ve just had a few AI players tell me they are undefended while sitting in a box in space with like 3 buttons without inspecting or trying any of them… :face_exhaling:
not your fault :grin:

there’s no pepper spray filler and straightjacket in brig

1 Like
  • For such a fire-prone department, science lacks fire extinguishers. I think there should be at least one in small rooms, two in big rooms, hallways every seven tiles (so that you are able to see a fire extinguisher no matter where you are).

(xenobio only has 1!!)

• Robotics Fabs start off outputting the wrong direction (down)

1 Like