Radstation feedback thread

I’d love to see this actually.

Command Review I
Captains’
-Needs a special intercomm that can access all frequencies
-i utterly detest the fact the hand tele can be stolen so easily, right next to a window, telegloves can grab it. and getting past a window is too easy.
-Holopad under chair makes usage difficult
-air alarm needed for the office
-captain’s toilet should come with privacy curtains…

Captain maints
-this place could really use a heater, watertank, welderfuel tank

Bridge
-maybe place a intercomm next to the fax machine
-there should be a camera console just for the ai sat camera net
-Most bridges have emergency tools
-fire alarm
-most bridges have a intelipad.
-need a disposals

Council room
-Requires a camera
-fire alarm
-fire extinguisher
-need a disposals

Hop
-fire extinguisher
-light switch

Tcomms
-2 tcomms machines cannot be accessed in the event they blow up (besides the blue machines)
-1 more machine cannot be accessed (next to sme)
-Fire alarm needed at the warm zone
-Tcomms need a special intercomm that can access all frequencies.
-Normally tcomms is cooled. there doesnt seem to be anything cooling it. Might want to run a space loop. Conversely can move the sme outside to save space.

Gravity Generator
-fire alarm

AI Sat
-AI placements needs 2 intercomms, one normal, one special for all frequencies
-There isnt a wire running under most window grills
-There really shouldnt be a turret right in front of the teleporter…
-the 4 vendors here shouldnt really be here for brand intelligence reasons
-there are 2 cameras on the west side that could be just one
-the ai really needs blast doors for the windows. anyone with any competency can fire lasers into it to death. sniping the turrets out of render distance then break in for a easy kill.
-missing intercomms in every outer room
-turret control placements are all confusing and all over the place. Assuming you enter from the bridge, there is no way to turn off turrets to the ai upload.
the ai sat looks a lil empty. maybe add more usable things like tools, cyborg parts. broken mechs.
Could make a small broken mech battlefield.

2 Likes

just tested. all three work fine!

Odd… 15 characters

its not a radstation problem, its a amber alert cant launch problem

2 Likes

I agree that the handtele might need some extra safeties, crate and reinforced window might not be enough tbh but they help! better to look at how the other maps have it

Also for Robotics:

I feel like i got used to have a disposals inside the office, now i need to step out to throw trash! :tragedy: but that’s very small, i think the machines that print borg parts(forgot the name lol) are facing the wrong direction because they print the items on top of the machine rather than in the tile ‘‘in front’’

Is teleporter room usable now or the machines hasnt’t been fixed yet?

1 Like

Science has no clothing vendor, no one can open the window to the server room (not even borgs)

3 Likes

Working on a PR that fixes everything at once @Rook but that does mean i have to delay it for potentially new feedback (like a disposals in robo, got it!), I will push it today so please do get any new feedback in before the end of today!

4 Likes

the hand tele in the teleportation room can be in a access locked crate to solve everything without major changes.

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be that protected, cmon.

1 Like

we had a round where blood brothers stole both hand teles (that they didnt need) that a traitor needed. Im sure it would be fine.

stage magician with telekinesis can steal a hand tele really easily

It kinda is there to be stolen…

that is fair, but the problem is the ease to steal.

other maps just have it out in the open, visible through a window

1 Like

Then perhaps I believe that’s how it should be. But…

Also I think at some point we have to stop thinking about making Rad more like other maps and perhaps think that some things are the way they are because Floria made it so, and they could have been a choice.

I’m conflicted… poor floria making so many changes…

3 Likes

no need to debate, it’s already been remapped!

1 Like

and not all of them are within range of telegloves.

telekinesis fixes that

Non-engineering heads have access to engineering lathe, I removed this ability on other stations after you made the map so it’s inconsistent right now.

1 Like