Porting Features and Fixes Megathread

NOTE: This thread is only for posting the pull requests, take the discussion about them to the dedicated Discussion thread for Porting Features and Fixes Megathread.

This thread is for posting PRs from other tg-based codebases only (no Goon or Baystation stuff here please, it’s massively incompatible and makes porting non-trivial).

The idea behind this thread is to make it very simple for our maintainers and any aspiring coders to add new features and fixes to the game.

Use this template below:

Title:

Summary:

Why it’s good for the game:

Original PR URL(s):

INCOMPLETE (an admin or the OP can change this to “COMPLETE” once the port is added)

Port URL(s):

Example:

Fugitive fixes & ports

Summary:

• Waldo is less common. He’s kind of immersion breaking.
  • Waldo is actually waldo now. Whoops
  • Yalp Elor is removed. Veeeery broken implementation.
  • Removed the “armed” part of the hunter’s arrival announcement. It riled security up and so this will hopefully encourage more interesting interactions
  • The russian ship has some big changes. No more ripley, everyone gets a space suit, and less welding tanks. I should really redo this whole thing (and I might still) but this at least fixes the biggest problems with the ship.
  • Russians now get a mosin, and have a 50/50 to spawn with either the bear hat or a ushanka.
  • Hunters and fugitives get their own hud.

Fugitives are fun and it’d be nice if they actually worked

Original PR URL(s):

tgstation/tgstation#43941, tgstation/tgstation#44285, tgstation/tgstation#44706, tgstation/tgstation#44802, tgstation/tgstation#47508

COMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Adds click interactions and extended examine text to heater/freezer

Summary:

Adds ctrl click to turn on/off heater/freezers, and alt click to max/min their temperature out.
Also adds examine readout for current setting and parts.

Less ui window interactions.

Original PR URL(s):

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Some bags and belts can hold more stuff, plus organ smartfridge can hold limbs

Summary:

Toolbelts can now also hold RCDs, RPDs, Inducers, and Plungers. The RPD and RCD are important construction and repair tools, and is very(very, very) important to those doing large scale repairs or large scale construction projects, so them fitting in the toolbelt is relatively essential. The Inducer is quite a useful asset to have around in worst case scenarios, and for major repairs or construction a bit aways from the station prior to it being added into the powernet, the Inducer becomes even more essential to have around. The plunger is largely something I threw in because it is creatable via the engineering techlathe, so if they can carry it around more easily, it might give them something to do.

For the Medical belt, I have made it so they can now also hold the plunger, the Plumbing Constructor, and the Plumbing RPD(Plumberinator), which would probably be useful to those doing the chem factory in a truly large scale fashion.

The Janitorial belt is now also able to hold the cans of Paint Remover.

The Grenadier belt, due to being a belt which holds grenades of every variety, is now able to hold both Cherry Bombs and Combustible Lemons. Note, this did not add the cherries and lemons to the belt itself, it is just capable of holding them.

Construction Bags are now also able to hold camera assemblies. Largely because it is a massive pain for everyone, because if you want to put up a large number of cameras currently, you have two choices. Either put them into crates. Or put them into a buncha cardboard boxes in your backpack.

Biobags are now capable of holding both organs(yes, this includes implants and the like) and limbs(except the head due to apparent balance reasons). This is so you can more easily refill the organ smartfridges in Medbay with them instead of doing it one at a time, one at a time, per hand.

The Organ Smartfridge in Medbay is now capable of holding limbs of any kind alongside organs. While not wise from a safety standpoint, this means it can also hold cyborg limbs so they aren't just laying around in crates which you can never seen to find.

The w_class on various organs were changed to small to fit better with their respective body parts. Like the arm augments were w_class normal, while the arms were small. And the liver, stomach, and lungs were also normal. This was also done so the biobag could pick them up. The alternative would be to just make it able to pick up normal sized items, but I think it is best if it remains like this, since now trash bags can also pick up lungs, stomachs, and livers.

Also made the holdable items code at the bags file a bit more readable like it is at the belts file.

For point 1, it was quite annoying that when doing construction projects or major repairs, that those essential tools could not go into your toolbelt.

For point 2, with the introduction of the chem factory, it seems quite sensible that their own versions of such tools would be in their own belts for ease of access and use.

For point 3, I don’t think I even need to give a reason why it is bad that the janitor can’t put his can of paint remover into his belt of janitorial supplies for some odd reason.

For point 4, It is a belt meant to hold various types of grenades. And cherry bombs and combustible lemons are both grenades(albeit the latter of more of a IED admittedly). So it makes sense that the grenadier belt should be able to hold those two as well.

For point 5, It is basically essential for construction bags to hold camera assemblies, and I believe I raised a pretty good point above about how the only other option is carrying them in cardboard boxes in your backpack or in a crate.

For point 6, it is honestly just a mess that we couldn’t already pick up organs enmasse to put into smartfridges, whether organic organs or cybernetic organs or even augmentations or implants. But had to do it one by one, by hand, each and every dang time.

For point 7, When I do play as a MD sometime, it is annoying when I can’t harvest good limbs and store them for later use. Or grow a bunch of limbs beforehand via the limb grower and store them in a smartfridge, and instead have to organize them on tables…which is not sanitary for a medical bay and doesn’t look very nice.

For point 8, since the w_class of those body parts themselves were decreased, it didn’t make sense that some implants and some organs still had a larger w_class than the bodypart itself. And, as a bonus, this does make the janitors job easier when people mass suicide via oxygen tanks.

Original PR URL(s):

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Adds construction bags for engineers, and changes

Summary:

Adds construction bags for engineers (starting in the engineering personal closets).
They can hold stock parts, other common machine components, circuits, misc electronics and cable coils.
Also a cloth construction recipe like other bags have

Lets engineers do construction without having to dedicate half their inventory on components for a single machine. Made half-obsolete later by RPEDs, but being able to store multiple circuitboards is still useful.
I really want to encourage machine construction from engineering, since they even have access to advanced machinery like quantum pads but i never see them make use of it.

Original PR URL(s):

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Some remaining fixes leftover from stun to stamina damage meta change

Summary:

Stun batons, other batons etc now do stamina damage yet not everything has been updated to the new meta.

• Hulks no longer get slowdown from damage/stamina.
  • CNS Rebooter fixed.
  • Ling adrenaline properly boosts stamina regeneration.

All of these are basically useless currently, this makes them not useless.

Original PR URL(s):

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/46101 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/44630 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/46242

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

I was already working on a nostamcrit trait i plan to add to most sources of stunimmune, ill add nodamslowdown to hulk on top of it tho

PDA cart swapping, eject hotkey and verb; toggle light action button

Summary:

• If you click your PDA with a cartridge and it already has one, you’ll automatically eject it before putting the new one in
  • You can also eject the cartridge without opening the UI by using ctrl+shift+click or the Remove Cartridge verb
  • PDAs now have a toggle light action button, like other light sources
  • PDA UI correctly updates when ejecting or inserting a cartridge or ejecting an ID

This has bugged me for years, so I’m assuming it bugs other people too.

Original PR URL(s):

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Title: Hydrogen Gas

Summary:

• New gas H2
  • New machine the Electrolyzer
  • New SM interaction for H2
  • Fusion no longer uses CO2, replaced with H2
  • Fusion no longer generate nitryl and stimulum gases (only co2 and h2o)
  • Water vapor no longer generate the slippery surface (still does it when cold) no longer in the pr
  • Water vapor now slips and clean if under 30 °C
  • Plasma fire generate water vapor too
  • Reaction with N2 to make ammonia crystals
  • Metal Hydrogen, made in high pressure and heat enviroment (and golems too!)
  • With this change fusion is “locked” behind more work to do instead of tech nodes, making it harder to do from roundstart and giving atmos techs more things to make before getting into fusion. Also fusion will get more work in the future to add uses to it.
  • Plasma fire got more realistic since normal fires consume the fuel to produce co2+h2o+energy (had to remove the slippery of normal h2o at high temperatures otherwise plasmafloods would be hell). Now there is another way to make h2o so that making h2 no longer need tritium to start with
  • The Electrolyzer is a machine that works open air, changing the h2o in o2 and h2, it can be upgraded and requires a power cell. To make it you need lasers, capacitor, cable coils, glass, gold and silver.

Adds interesting new content that affects multiple departments. Adds extra step in fusion, preventing fusion form being achieved and abused early into round.
From my favorites it will finally allow us to make water cooled SM, since currently water vapor is constantly used up to make chamber floor slippery.
As far as I can tell, we still try to stay fairly compatible with TG and as we know they are more about cutting than adding content nowadays. If they decided to merge this gas it is here to stay and probably will be expanded upon over time, so sooner or later we will have to add it anyway.
Personally, I think it fits great with another PR that is worked on as we speak, the monstermos. Ike even said he needed an extra gas to make things work, so he had to make unobtainium, but now we got a real gas that could fill that void. Pushing them together would make a lot of sense, new content could make that controversial PR more acceptable for and sure as hell would revive interest in atmos experiments for many.
Its already on TG and I haven’t hear complains about it, I don’t think any major issues arise during the time they had it so it seems to be a solid PR

Original PR URL(s):

github.com/tgstation/tgstation

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

3 Likes

Title: New wings and separate-able antenna for moths!

Summary: Adds new varieties of wings and separates antenna and wings so they can be chosen independently. Also fixs some fucky wucky antenna spriting

Why it’s good for the game: ATM the is a very limited selection of moth wings and looks compared to say, humans. This helps that and also may provide a spriting fix.

Original PR URL(s):
MERGED FULP VERSION(recommend this):
[READY] Ports old moth sprites. by StoneMason · Pull Request #43 · fulpstation/fulpstation · GitHub
OG TG versions(only if Fulp gives you trouble I guess):
Separates mothpeople antennae into a mutant bodypart by ArcaneDefence · Pull Request #53928 · tgstation/tgstation · GitHub,
Adds unused Mothperson markings to the character creator by tmtmtl30 · Pull Request #45575 · tgstation/tgstation · GitHub,
Adds three new moth wings/markings by FuryMcFlurry · Pull Request #48129 · tgstation/tgstation · GitHub

Port URL(s):

4 Likes

Title: Newfood, kitchen expansion, new food categories from TG.

Summary:

I could have made a separate post for each, but it’s all related to cooking so… :person_shrugging:

Newfood is a big refactor to food, grinding and drinking, killing the spaghetti that is the food code we currently have.

Kitchen expansions adds griddle and ovens, giving cooking more depth rather than just putting stuff into the microwave.

New food categories adds three new categories, each containing a bunch of new food: Lizard Food, moffic food, and seafood.

All of these combined would significantly improve cooking and make it more fun.

Newfood: Less spaghetti code for cooking, you’ll want to port this if you want to port other cooking PRs from TG.

Kitchen Expansion: More ways to cook stuff, adding in more depth to cooking.

New food categories: More variety! As minor as this may sound, it would add a bunch of new food that moths, lizards, felinids and basically anyone else can eat.

Original PR URL(s):

Newfood:

Kitchen expansion:

New food (and diet changes):

INCOMPLETE

Port URL(s):

Superseded by Ideasguy thread in discord.

You cannot edit your post made in this thread either, which makes its purpose rather moot since its inception.

Title: Repair Drones (AKA “Drones”)
Summary: We basically already have drones we just don’t have a way to get them in game so it would be nice to be able to build them in the bots menu in construction.
Drones can maintain the station while players are busy. They provide for a quiet round experience. They allow players to experiment with construction. Drone RP between drones is unique as they can’t interact with anyone else.
Original PR URL(s):
Not sure.
INCOMPLETE (an admin or the OP can change this to “COMPLETE” once the port is added)

Port URL(s):
(Yogstation) https://github.com/yogstation13/Yogstation/blob/db59a4b3df2c0fbff95c6f7f3561334a7a79d2d8/yogstation/code/modules/crafting/recipes.dm#L15

Drones were actually disabled, they’re currently adminspawn only but they used to be part of the game

As joe said, drones are in the code, but they cannot spawn naturally and require admin intervention.

I already tried. crossed and bacon said no, even with massive restrictions in place.

1 Like

That sucks. We made it work on Yogs through white listing, intensive community policing, and draconian role bans. Like literally we all knew drones were constantly under risk of axing(for the same reason as here) so the players participated in enforcing rules as much as admins and there were very few players who wanted to be the reason we lost them.

Yogs also did something different with their “drone access” instead of using doors drones could “crawl underneath”(pass through) them so they weren’t accidentally giving access to tailgaters. So the need to strip access wasn’t a issue and they also wouldn’t risk moving hazardous atmos around the station. Drones could still use doors as if AA but only did so for repair and modification.

I swear the drone door thing was on ancient TG… I kinda liked the design in general. Would probably have tried to bring it back / port it if PR went through then. Would save alot of hastle with accidently opening doors…

TG still allows drones to just move through any door (ctrl click I think?) after a progress bar atleast.

what about bloodlings from NSV… granted the NSV fork has grown a bit distant from us but its still a beestaiton offstream
https://nsv.beestation13.com/wiki/Bloodling