Plumbing has been soft-removed. Let's talk about it

This no longer works. There is no reaction to make infinite blood.

Source: I removed it.

1 Like

When they came for the synthflesh, I did not speak up because I was not a synthflesh

2 Likes

Boohoo you now have to either occasionally feed in your own blood(easily replenishable) or do a blood drive(requiring RP). How tragic.

1 Like

I am going to start placing a plumbing patch printer and just placing a giant stack of normal chem lab made fullheal patches on it to spite all the people spewing nonsense in this thread.

Maybe I’ll place it in the medbay lobby so they get the same outcome they were angry about to begin with.

Maybe I’ll do it by 20 minutes into the round so they don’t get to interact with people that aren’t dead.

2 Likes

Not serious; that was meant to be a joke referencing a poem.

2 Likes

No, I’m going to introduce a med system where medical procedures and chemical treatments aren’t competing with each other and instead treat different things and/or compliment each other instead of competing in an arms race.

Chems won’t work on major injuries/wounds, this will instead be surgery related
Chems that treat organ damage will probably be removed, printing cybernetic organs or otherwise harvesting replacements will happen.
Single chems will no longer treat a wide variety of issues and instead be specialized
Most chems will have side-effects while they are working, so they aren’t just take-and-go rush rush rush.

1 Like

massive, huge seething & coping resulting in direct personal attack

you won’t achieve anything by making a 120 word post about how actually the nerf is bad because the player who made it is bad

1 Like

I am aware but I could also see people malding about the synthflesh nerfs with that reference.

So I was gonna just quash that while I’m ahead.

1 Like

Ask me how I know you don’t play chemist lmao

I genuinely wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing what you make.

Until that comes out though, I feel soft-removing entire systems from the game is a bad idea. Probably poisons the well for your wonderful new system, too, since now rather than being the new hotness to replace the old-and-busted, it becomes a consolation prize for rose-coloured memories of a system taken before it’s time.

1 Like

this just sounds like a convoluded way of saying “we’re making our own version of modern day TG medical”
RDT_20220608_2140397731148217414503973

Huh, I could have sworn the second thing in that list was rezadone.
Mind must have filled in the blank.

SF uses other than unhusking were nerfed into oblivion, why do you have a problem with it?

Will also include elements of brainmed and painmed, but yes ultimately it’s going to take inspiration from other systems while going in our own, semi-original direction instead of just directly porting someone else’s as-is.

Braindeath will determine when someone dies, and braindeath will be permanent.

Pain will be what controls consciousness instead of a mostly static 100HP marker controlling crit, and painkillers will stave this off while doing nothing to actually fix the fact your arm is snapped in half and you can’t use it.

2 Likes

Honestly with any healing chem that lists a “side effect” of some kind like exhaustion on Salic Acid and Oxand, or toxin damage for Perf, the only one I’ve actually seen affect anyone majorly is the vomiting for Carth, and even then it’s a non-issue.

I’d love to see more chems that need interdepartmental work, making rezadone to aid with de-husking with the help of botany feels good! Maybe look into other botany/xenobio derived chems like frost oil for some more advanced chems because the list of stuff locked behind botany assistance is; Rezadone, Nitroglycerin (because corn is just so hard to grow), solidification recipies, and some toxins (which are really only useful for bounties, or antag where you could just emag the dispenser for carpotoxin).

2 Likes

>Enters a thread,
>Makes a provably false statement
>spouts “cope and seethe” when this is pointed out
>misrepresents the argument in the OP referencing a post replying to someone else.
>finishes up by saying that others aren’t going to achieve anything with good-faith efforts.

Based, pack the thread up, clearly we’re all mere mortals compared to this gigachad intellect.

1 Like

Yeah, hopefully Ruko’s rework pushes more inter-dept co-op, it’s a really fun element, even if it sometimes leads to waiting frustrated for those damn koi beans, lol.

1 Like

Yes, definitely not a personal attack, i’m just smooth brain

Well I hate to disappoint, but this includes making chem dispensers take matter cartridges in general, not just the plumbing dispensers. (orderable from cargo, not just requiring miners)

Power cells generating matter is terrible, especially with the not-easily-fixed cell charger issues.

I think you might have misunderstood, we’re talking about having to go to botany to get carpotoxin for rezadone, we’re not talking about chem production in chem itself.

1 Like

I get that too, I was just pointing out that I plan on removing the power cell being the source of chems and probably making matter cartridge reliance a staple of chemistry so they need something from cargo to produce. (when/if roundstart supply runs dry)

I like botany working with medbay too