Medbay rework

I remember there being a big medbay rework in the works. What’s the situation on that? Anything I can do to help?

1 Like

I saw Ruko at a grocery store yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for PRs or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

9 Likes

You can take over the idea in its entirety because I will have no spare time for the forseeable future.
:sunglasses:

I’ll give you moral support from the sidelines unless you bring plumbing back

PS: Plumbing sucks and was OP

Hi Ideas guy here.
Make chemicals more effective when applied durring surgery! have someone cut a guy open and inject the liver heal chems into the liver.
Make folks need to pop their eyes out and inject the oculine.
Make the brain pan need to be opened with mantinol injected directly into da brainz

4 Likes

Woah, slow down chief, that would need a role to apply the chems that wasn’t the chemist! Are you crazy?

Ruko you plonker :smile:

Not only would that balance out the POWAH of chemistry, it could also have an effect on sleepers, I don’t remember if sleepers have an effect on chem potency/effect* but having them be the less effective, but faster and more economical means also help aquire that perfect balance we want.

Also dermal patches are COOL we need more reason to use dermal patches.
Syringe cleaning mechanics? No disinfecting syringes means guess what, TRANSMITING SHIT! apply sanitizer spray to syringes to clean them or GHETTO with ETHNOL AND VODKA.
ALSO on the dermal patch rant, did you know ingesting medication via the stomach is the least effective means IRL? nerfing pills is probably unessacery but I really fuckin like dermal patches so reducing the effectiveness of pills overall by reducing their chemical effect incentivises patches.
But you ever put on a dermal patch? that’s an involved effort my man, add a delay, if you screw up you lose the patch.
that way Injections are still the fastest way to get stuff into your system, but now the doctors have to clean their shit before they stick their needles in their meds and people or they contaminate both with SPESS AIDS (or some shit Idk) Dermal patches are the middle man, they still work slower than injections and can’t be popped and bottled like pillz but now we have more reason to use them.
Pillz can be bottled for convenient carry and aformentioned LOUIS POPPIN PILLZ is a fast way to get the shit into your system that can’t be screwed up, but now you don’t get the full effect of the 15 units of medicine (maybe make an exception for poisons and strange pillz)

(*pretty sure they do, aside from the pending rework of them needing to be refilled by chem rather than magic chems through upgrades, but using a reduced amount than if normally injected)

1 Like

I don’t think that’s how irl medicine works

I don’t think lasers move at a speed that can be measured appreciably in meters per second and yet here we are in spess station 13.

a medical rework is coming and somehow I doubt it will vastly increase the accuracy of medicinal treatments in game. Sure we could be getting TG med and that’s interesting but somehow I doubt that.

My brother in christ, this is a game where wizards, gravity guns, eswords and even clowns exist, and this is too unrealistic for you? Who even cares really? As long as it’s fun and balanced and doesn’t result in “take this pill” “ok thx bye”.

1 Like

That sounds like a skill issue. Have you ever try checking the stuff you’ve specified when there’re multiple people being against blob?

High level skill issue.

Fair but injecting a syringe directly into a brain makes me cringe, we also already have mannitol pouring and brain surgery that fixes damage

also I’m dumb as hell but ‘muh realism’ wasn’t my point, it was mostly me saying it’s weird that you’d have to inject chems into the brain

I wouldn’t be so sure of that anymore, I’m not aware of anyone else actively pursuing this now.

The other person I thought had both the motivation and capability kinda tapped out.

Oh. Well shit. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.