Permanent Jellypeople Poll + Potential tweaks

Jellypeople as they are now:

Pros:

• 50% Burn damage resistance from most sources (fires, laser weapons, etc.)
  • Ability to regrow lost limbs at the cost of their “blood”
  • Rapidly regenerate blood when breathing plasma
  • Non-sentient slimes will never attack them
  • Can speak slime language, allowing them to communicate with sentients

Cons:

• 300% burn damage taken from being exposed to cold temperatures.
  • All chems that affect toxin damage are reversed, which will lead to many confused doctors and dead jellypeople down the road. Taking toxin damage additionally drains “blood” rapidly.
  • Limbs recede into their body if low on “blood”, quickly resulting in a jelly nugget
  • Require oxygen to breathe, so breathing plasma to restore “blood” is either extremely dangerous or requires specially mixed internals

As they currently are right now, they’re a little bit on the strong side due to having a powerful innate resistance to laser weapons, so these are the proposed changes I offer and am bringing forward in polls:

Proposed Jellypeople for permanent race:

Pros:

• Immunity to burn damage from high temperatures/fires, but not other sources. Clothing still burns off
  • Ability to regrow lost limbs at the cost of their “blood”
  • Rapidly regenerate blood when breathing plasma
  • Non-sentient slimes will never attack them
  • Can speak slime language, allowing them to communicate with sentients

Cons:

• 300% burn damage taken from being exposed to cold temperatures.
  • All chems that affect toxin damage are reversed, which will lead to many confused doctors and dead jellypeople down the road. Taking toxin damage additionally drains “blood” rapidly.
  • Limbs recede into their body if low on “blood”, quickly resulting in a jelly nugget
  • Require oxygen to breathe, so breathing plasma to restore “blood” is either extremely dangerous or requires specially mixed internals
    • Take X damage (and/or blood loss depending on poll) when exposed to water. Includes extinguishers and showers in addition to conventional methods.
Should Jellypeople be a permanent race?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should they gain immunity to heat/fire at the cost of their burn damage resistance? (Nerf resistance to laser weapons, buff resistance to fires)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should they have a weakness to water?* (Vote for every option you like)
  • Yes as brute damage
  • Yes as burn damage
  • Yes as toxin damage (also causes “blood” loss)
  • Yes but purely as “blood” loss instead of direct damage
  • No

0 voters

• Pyroxadone and Cryoxadone are always extremely toxic to jellypeople, so while cellular damage makes the most sense flavorfully, it can only reasonably be cured via rezadone which requires carpotoxin… so I excluded it from the options

Standard disclaimer: There is no guarantee this will be added to the game, but I intend to find, pester and potentially bribe a coder based on the results of the polls.

Currently they are more resistant to lasers than a person in a syndicate elite hardsuit, plus they can stack body armour on top of that. The fire immunity swap needs to happen before they become permanent.

3 Likes

there are more broken features then that caeboy… like making energecing and regen jelly roundstart…

1 Like

Energized jelly isn’t even viable to make. It’s less than a third as effective as crank, and only a fifth as effective as Meth at mitigating stuns and comes with none of the speed boost. It also requires teslium to make which means it’s more complicated than both of the much more potent drugs. Due to blackpowder being involved in Teslium it even still has a risk of exploding in your face. So you get a much weaker drug with no overdose for the same amount of work.

On the other hand, regenerative jelly is… sorta good I guess? Here’s a quick breakdown:

• Tricordrizine is also available at roundstart in chemistry

• Heals 1 Brute, Burn and Toxin per tick
    • Costs 6 simple chemicals to make, Carbon, Silicon, Nitrogen, Potassium, Oxygen and Sugar.
    • Overdoses at 30u
    • Is widely overlooked because of how slowly it heals compared to alternatives
  • Regenerative Jelly

• Heals 1 Brute, Burn and Toxin and Oxyloss per tick (Oxyloss already regens rapidly by itself)
    • Recipe is 50% tricordrizine, 50% sacrificing your own blood
    • No overdose threshold, which is admittedly pretty strong even on a weak chem… but it can’t be easily mass produced due to requiring your blood
  • Bicaridine + Kelotane is available from roundstart

• Heals 2 brute and burn damage per tick
    • Recipe is literally incomplete tricordrizine and it’s better than tricordrizine for most applications
    • 30u overdose threshold on both individually
  • Anti-toxin is available from roundstart

• Heals 2 toxin damage per tick
    • Recipe is: Nitrogen, Silicon, Potassium
    • 30u overdose threshold again

So yes, regenerative jelly being available from roundstart would definitely be new, but it’s certainly not powerful enough to write home about when compared to even the most basic of healing chems that are also already available at roundstart, especially with the limitation on its production… and the fact one of its ingredients is a healing chem with almost the same effectiveness as the jelly.

Someone can go through the work of getting a custom internals tank to aid in mass production, but that’s still going to be one hell of a tedious process just to stack very gradual healing for other crew

Add being heartless to cons. Can’t be defibbed.

1 Like

Title

(Merged from: Please let jellypeople stay!)

Literally roundstart slimepeople - AND not very distinguishible from ethereals, which fucks chemboys and xenobioys over by a lot

1 Like

its not literally roundstart slimepeople. There is a pretty big difference between the two, being that jellypeople suffer all the drawbacks without any of the major abilities. like maybe 2 people at most will ask for green extracts from xenobio, so it doesnt really fuck them over. Just makes them need to please the crowds less with work they dont care a ton about. They are also drastically different in appearance from ehtereals, except that they are both colorful. Jellypeople are somewhat transparent, and dont change color as they die, nor do they glow. they also look like normal people other than the color and transparency, while ethereals look drastically different from normal people.

The roundstart ones look weird though. They use the stargazer sprite for some reason.

1 Like

ok im gonna give you it you have convinced me, i tougth regen jelly was stronger

I’d like to see them as permanent, but not if they get nerfed so heavily. I’ve done a lot of xenobio and if you get hurt as a slime person people will not know how to treat you. Pretty sure even the medibots will screw you over, but I’m not sure about that part. If they need the nerf to be permanent I’d rather they weren’t added. Though my top choice is keep them as roundstart without changes. Its been a bit but can’t you end up with your body just gone pretty easily as well or just lose all the limbs? And if they do kill you you can’t be defibbed. Reading over it this could be me being confused about jelly people versus slime people, if the changes to jelly people don’t affect slime people just ignore me.

you can mass produce blood with mutadone automatically

to be honest this is nothing interesting, yet another humanlike race that offers very little.

also this race will just be used to powergaming

2 Likes

Jellypeople don’t have traditional blood - it can’t be mixed with mutagen to multiply it. I’ve been mentioning their blood in quotes for most part because of this. Their “blood” is slime jelly.

AH shit my bad yea that wouldn’t be that easy

You mean like IPCs, Plasmapeople, and Lizards (to a lesser extent) already arguably are? Every aspect of the game is targeted for powergaming if it provides an advantage to what you want to do. The question is whether the advantages offered break the game or not, and whether the drawbacks are equivalent or greater to the advantages. Immunity to burning is great, but without immunity to pressure you’ll still take damage in large fires. If enough oxygen burns up you’ll still suffocate too.

Xenobio players are worried this makes the race too weak to be viable and players with little experience think the race is too powerful to consider. It’s a strange battle trying to convince non-believers it’s a good race :laughing:

1 Like

they dont have 50% damage reduction or ability to re grow limbs

like i said its just another boring re skin of human without fun gameplay

2 Likes

also didnt host said we arent adding yet another humanlike race since we have so many

1 Like

Which I’m trying to change, and if it doesn’t change will likely mean they don’t get added. Lizards already have innate resistance to burn damage as well, for the record.

Coupled with the ability to spontaneously lose limbs if you’re exposed to anything that deals(heals?) toxin damage, or otherwise lose enough “blood”

I’m not sure what defines a humanlike race in your book… are any of the races good to you? The only races I think are boring and without flavor are squids and felinids :thinking:

I dotnt care if I die to water, I just wanma be jello at roundstart and not bug xeno about it