Permanent Jellypeople Poll + Potential tweaks

Have processed poll results and assorted feedback from coders and players, both inside and outside the thread. Look forward to voting on the Oozeling PR soon :tm:

To answer the assorted concerns, including those I shrugged off at first in the thread:

• It will be PR’d as an entirely new race so as not to cause unnecessary and/or unintended nerfs to the Xenobio slime races.
  • Oozeling race will be immune to being lit on fire have very high resistance to heat-induced burn damage (but not immunity). 50% resistance to lasers is simply too powerful of an effect for a roundstart race and would result in the PR being blocked, so I had to go against the poll for this one. But at least the existing races retain their resistance per the first bullet point.
  • Oozlings will lose blood volume when exposed to water, but will take no direct damage from it. This means splashing water can de-limb them to hilarious effect. (won barely in the poll and was also my personal favorite option)

Full Blurb on Oozelings and additional details of the PR

Oozelings are a product of Nanotrasen’s Genetics and Xenobiology research; mass produced in labs for slave cheap labor and trained to fulfil the less desireable jobs on the station as well as being better equipped biologically to handle and contain the frequent occasional plasma leaks.

Pros:

• Very high heat resistance
  • Cannot be lit on fire
  • Contain Slime Ooze* instead of blood
  • Regenerate limbs at high “blood” volume
  • Very gradually regenerate “blood” when satiated
  • Rapidly regenerate “blood” when breathing plasma
  • Immunity to slime aggro
  • Slime Language

Cons

• Very weak to cold temperatures
  • Gets hungry faster than other races (Could not be coded in a reasonable way)
  • Toxin damage is reversed - several common medicines are lethal
  • Loses a random limb when “blood” volume reaches critical levels
  • Gradually loses “blood” volume when hungry
  • Rapidly loses “blood” volume when exposed to water
  • Rapidly loses “blood” volume when taking toxin damage
  • Cannot breathe without oxygen, making plasma intake require special efforts

Slime Ooze

• Interchangeable with Slime Jelly for “blood” transfusions between Slimepeople. Instead of processing it as a reagent (like the wiki says they do, but I assure you they don’t), it is immediately converted into an appropriate amount of blood volume when injected/ingested.
  • Is only 10% as effective at dealing Toxin damage when injected into other races, because the rate of toxin damage jelly deals is absolutely absurd for easy access.
  • Can be used to make lesser forms of Regenerative Jelly and Energized Jelly, but not to make Pyroxadone at all.

Regenerative Ooze

• Recipe is Slime Ooze + Tricordrizine
  • Restores 0.5 Brute, Burn, Toxin, and *Cellular damage at a rate of 0.4u with no overdose threshold.

As I previously stated - All forms of slime races are incapable of healing cellular damage without Rezadone (which requires Carpotoxin). This enables at least very weak cellular healing while maintaining an inferior Regenerative Jelly/Diluted Tricordrizine.

Energizing Ooze

• Recipe is Slime Ooze + Teslium
  • Identical to energized Jelly, but has an overdose threshold
  • Metabolizes like Teslium when overdosed, zapping you periodically.

I don’t expect anyone to make this, just like I don’t expect anyone ever makes Energized Jelly in the first place. But it’s there for flavor.

Overall the race is fairly weak but not without some unique strengths, and I think that’s a good spot for an alternative race to be. Don’t attract powergaming players, just those that like the concept of being a slime-person and have the race flavored appropriately for such.

2 Likes

It’d probably be best for this to be a new slimepeople subspecies which isn’t obtainable through green extracts rather than a whole new species as there would be unnecessary duplicate code otherwise.

1 Like

I was told subspecies inheret everything from the parents, meaning future changes to the Xeno species would affect this one and vice-versa, which could have pretty major unintended side effects.

I lean on the coders I talk to and bribe to code for me on matters like this though.

Pog

Should they ventcrawl naked?

3 Likes

Shut up and go report another simple mob, the adults are talking :face_with_monocle:

Shut up and go to dorms pod, the kids are playing. Oh and emojis are for suckers.

1 Like

loool saying you are an adult is the biggest fucking cringe, you ok there boy ?
But dont worry once you become one you will want to go back right away. :flushed:

also unrobust felinid in game maybe at least fight me instead stunning yourself with the flashbang again … ?

also imagine being insulted by velvet, i wipe my ass with that.
Literally a name of toilet paper brand in my country

“yes yes i am not cringe you are cringe for saying a commonly said statement while i report a simple mob :)))))))” ok i still think it’s funny you reported a simple mob tho… … . . . . . . . . . … … … … . … . … . . … … . …

2 Likes

Yeah admittedly it was a big funny

1 Like