NotEbe96 Mod Application (ascension to modhood)

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): NotEbe96

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): notebe96

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): GMT , very often

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I’ll add to the workforce in forum diving and increase the presence of admins on bee.

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be a moderator?: To assist other admins to deal griefers, forum reports, ahelps and what I’d like to learn later … Bussing!

How long have you been playing SS13?: about a year and a half

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: i started ss13 with bee

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9/10 (i’d say 10 but i dont know fusion)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 5/10, never admined before. But I’m willing to learn

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
nope

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
none

Your strengths:
patience , quick to learn, very knowledgeable about ss13, understanding.

Your weaknesses:
sometimes i can struggle to take harsh, decisive actions, especially when i feel sympathetic towards who it is against.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
bigotry, racism , hate. Especially towards people I care about.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Consistency. A staff member that can reliably do their tasks without bias is useful.

What makes a staff team good?:
Good communication, a friendly working environment and open mindedness.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To coordinate effectively to ensure the server and discord are working without incident. For example, removing griefers, removing NSFW content from the discord or gently making sure the round can continue as it should ( like making sure no bug cripples a round or an individual player’s experience).

Internally, the staff team can assist one another on their tasks like a new admin asking for other admin’s inputs on an ahelp or a forum report.

What kind of player are you?:
I am interested in both game mechanics and character interaction and growth. I mainly play as a roboticist and a security officer which mirror these interests. I am friendly , compassionate and deeply curious. I always love learning new things on bee.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
My ability to take decisive action will improve. ( I willl become a dictator /j)

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
As a non antag this is unacceptable, maybe on other LRP servers this would be permissible but not on bee. I’d check the clowns notes for any similar warnings and the security level but then ahelp them, asking them a number of questions like ; why did you do space the gun? have you read the rules?

Depending on their answers , I’d either ban them for an hour so that they can read the rules or I’d note them for their self antaggery.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

99.999% of plasmafloods are grief so this likely doesnt need an in round investigation and seeing that they are actively spreading plasma, I’d ban them on the spot and ask them to take it to the forums.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

I’d check their hours, their notes and then bwoink them. Asking why this happened , and maybe even give them some tips to inform them as to how to avoid it.

But I’d leave a note of the incident for record keeping.

3 Likes

In this case its fine, but the rule of thumb is to bwoink them and develop a short report. It is rare but accidents happen.

Other answers are fine.

Some questions from me:

1. Goddamn shitsec took my PDA uplink
  2. Cmo injected me with hypo laced with cryptobiolin and sulfanol because trespassed into chemistry, I just needed some chems (assume the ticket creator is an antag and there is sec crew on station).
  3. Womp womp
1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and questions :saluting_face:

1.Security is not allowed to metagame the location of uplinks on antags

If the officer(s) confiscated the PDA of this traitor without concrete evidence of the PDA uplink then I’d bwoink the officers , asking them if they have read sop/ space law and why they did what they did.

Depending on their answers :
If they had high hours / similar notes , I would ban them for metagaming for atleast 1 day and then
sec ban them for a few days
If they had low hours and were new, I’d ban them for an hour and tell them to reread space law.

Although, if the PDA uplink was open when this person was arrested then no action is needed.

1. While the CMO and other command staff are encouraged to contact security “when purging undesirables” , they are within SoP and space law to use nonlethal chemicals in their hypo to kick out the trespasser.

that “glance” at PDA is based on assumption that they have something on their PDA. Can you provide a simple case when its reasonable to check their PDA like this?

As for question two, assume it was the first “antagonist action” in medbay and the station is on green alert, elaborate on that. Oh i also made a typo, I meant sulfonal.

1. If the suspect was suspected to have been working with other collaborators then the officer checking the PDA messages of the suspect is entirely reasonable

2. I have to consider whether the CMO had preemptively made the sleeping cocktail just in case any antagonist action showed up in medbay because that would be powergaming.

I’d bwoink them, ask them why they made the sleeping cocktail.

If they had high hours / similar notes (if they explicitly made it just in case) , I’d ban them from the server for powergaming for at least a day
If they have low hours and are new, I’d ban them for an hour so they may read the rules and sop and also ban them from command roles for a few days.

(the ban length would be extended if they had a previous ban history of this)

Nice. Had to steer You a bit in the right direction, but it’s alright, all tickets depend on context anyways.

Colonel Wompers wants you all prepped at the deck in T minus 5 minutes.
+1

T: +1

1 Like

Helo

Good answer, although instead of a note you should check history first to see, since a repeat offense would mean a ban is warranted.

Good policy, although it’s better to admin prison instead to clear up some stuff, especially if it’s not a new player as it might just be a misunderstanding (and you might get a copypasta!)

Good

Now for questions:

1. You get an ahelp from the traitor virologist: “Help sec metacomming they found my spot after I killed an officer”. WYD?
  2. You get an ahelp from the CMO: “Someone just syndie bombed medbay”. After looking into it, you find out that the traitor that planted the bomb was trying to kill their medical doctor target. What do you do, if anything?
  3. The hostage in a hostage situation uses a bomb on himself in the middle of negotiations, killing both parties and the other hostages. What do you do, if anything?
2 Likes

Heyo : )
thanks 4 za feedback :saluting_face:
these are some good ass questions

1.First I’d use my own reasoning to deduce whether it is reasonable to assume that another officer could stumble on their location. Then I’d check the arriving officer for a gps, crew pinpointer or any other gadget or article that would allow them to find their recently dead officer. I would also check the comms for any report of the dead sec off’s location or even just a mention of their death.

If all this yields nothing, I’ll bwoink the arriving sec off to ask how they stumbled on the body. If they provide an insufficient answer I’ll be forced to log dive to find any other evidence of metacomming.

If I do find evidence of metacomming, I’ll bwoink both players and while checking their hours, previous history.

If they have high hours/ previous history, server ban for a few days and sec + command ban for a few weeks.
If they are new, I’d ban them both for a day or two for metagaming and note them both for it.

2.Isolated kills are permitted by antags.

If the antag planted the bomb next to their target with the sole intent of killing their target then frankly, it doesnt matter how many other people are hurt by it. As this was done to reasonably fulfil their objective.Although if a ridiculous number of casualties occured, I’d remind them of rule 8.

1. I’d bwoink the hostage in question , try to figure out their intent . While doing so I’d also ask the other hostages for any information on the situation.

You find nothing suspicious. However, checking the viro’s logs you find out he mentioned metacomms IC. WYD?

Yep, anyone in the department where you have an objective is fair game.

There’s not much else to it, negotiations had dragged out and frustrated the hostage had planted X4 on himself.

1.I’d bwoink the virologist, remind them of rule 1 as mentioning metacomms is OCK-ICK.
Depending on their hours/ previous history

I’d ban them for a day to escalate or severely note them.

1. :+1:

2. In this case it would be important to note that I have been in a similar situation before so I may be biased ,here is the report.

I understand that rules are applied on a case by case basis and that no two issues are the same . Yet I am inclined to follow the same reasoning that @WilsonPH followed.

It seems that the hostage did not blow themself up to kill their kidnappers and so they were not trying to grief nor murderbone , so I’d likely just note them.

However, ideally if another admin was online I’d ask them to take over the ahelp as my judgement may be skewed.

You got me good with these questions ! :rofl:

Good answer

Fully intentional, I wanted to see how you would answer

That said, your answers are fine, but I wanna wait on further questions to vote.

1 Like
  1. You’re halfway through an interesting and fun bus as the only admin online. Everyone is enjoying it, when one of the people involved ahelps another for self antag. They explain that they went too far and broke the rules. Neither of the players involved in this bus are antags, and up until this point they appear to have been roleplaying conflict between eachother well.

2. You get an ahelp as the only mod in game that reads: Mombyx Bodesta is metagaming by checking my PDA for an uplink! Mombyx Bodesta is a fellow staff member, and when you bwoink them they tell you ‘this isnt meta its fine’. What do you do, if anything?

3. Security arrests a traitor who has been sitting in xenobio for 2 hours silently before going on a rampage to try to kill sec. Upon being arrested, the traitor throws out the F slur and some toxicity before ghosting and DC’ing. What do you do?

2 Likes
  1. At this point the bus is dead, if people arent enjoying the bus then it failed. I’d make some excuse and announce through a CC announcement that the bus is over.

I’d bwoink both people involved and ask them for their sides, and for what exactly went wrong.

1. After a personal investigation in the matter by gathering information from the person who initially ahelped. If I think that the ahelp holds weight , I’d personally DM a few active senior admins / headmins with all the information I have gathered, asking them to take over the ahelp because if I was just a mod in this situation, the power imbalance in this situation and the rank difference would affect my ability to handle the ahelp.

2. The traitor in question has broken rule 7 (be excellent) and rule 13 (antag conduct).Since they DC’d before I was able to ahelp them , I’d perma them and ask them to explain themself on the forum . Such language is not tolerated on bee.

Assuming your bus egged on a captain to fight security, and sec ahelped the captain for self antag, what would you do? The captain in question blasted a secoff to crit thinking they were trying to arrest him.

Power imbalance and rank difference shouldn’t affect your ability to handle an ahelp, in situations where you need to bwoink another admin you conduct the ahelp as usual and notify headmins so they can review the conduct.

Whilst DC’ing before you’re able to bwoink often is cause for an appeal on forums ban, what purpose does explaining on the forums have here? Is there some viable explanation they could provide to you on the forums that justifies the use of the F slur?

I think you would have enough to note/ban for the toxicity without an explanation, but if there was no filter bypass and you were just looking at RP and conduct, this would be fine.

1.In this case, I believe no action against either party needs to be taken. If I as an admin instigated the incident between the captain and the officers then how can I then take action against the captain for fighting the officers.
I’d ask both the captain and security to de-escalate tensions, or even perform a small bus as a peace offering to them both .

1. Thank you for clearing this up for me as I couldn’t find a section in the admin policy page for ahelping fellow staff members, especially those of higher rank. That is why I tried to pass on this complex issue to someone more competent than me.

Although, this section was the closest I could find on this issue. Thus why I tried to get the ahelp reassigned to a seniormin/ head min.

1. I understand that a note/ban could be sufficient in this case .

However, this incident was likely caused by the person becoming angry and spewing hate. The forums ban was for them to take as much time as they need to cool down and come back to bee when they were ready(where they would atleast still stay banned for the original length of the ban). And most importantly, they state in writing in a ban appeal why they got so heated / that they will improve where they will not use filter bypass/ slurs/ toxicity in the future.

This I believe will be more effective at helping the player deal with their frustrations but also assuring that they do not allow their emotions to get the better of them again.

Also, I did assume they used filter bypass in the prompt.

Fair enough.

We could use an extra pair of hands, so I’ll give you my +1.

T:+2

1 Like

Hrrrm, good answers, you do have a good bit of history but it seems to be mostly old, so…

+1, get in here!

T:+3

(also apologies for taking so long lmao)

1 Like