Notashark admin report

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Rukofamicom

Your Discord: Rukofamicom

Offender’s CKEY: notashark

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2023-09-24

Round Number: 45967

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): “Repeat offenses will be met with escalating punishment”

Incident Description:

This report is just following the process to disagree with an admin’s decision

A player with both recent and visible history of RP violations (among other issues) has been issued only a week ban from command roles. The player in question has two prior full server bans of this length already and a five day ban before this all for RP violations. I don’t believe ban escalation is being followed appropriately, especially given the severity of the situation implied by the most recent ban.

Additional Information:

This report was brought about after seeing players discussing it in discord, but I don’t think bringing it up in passing discord conversation does anything to resolve the problem.

6 Likes

Not sure where to put this one but they’ve also had a player report they seemed to have been investigating themself on and got locked to be look at at another point aswell.

It’s been technically open for months now

Since I was the one who originally brought up the topic in discord, I’ll say this. Writing that paragraph of horrendous conduct and then giving only a week ban, and only a week ban for command and sec at that, is a little strange. It’d be one thing if they only broke Sec/Command SOP, a job ban would make sense there. But not roleplaying, power gaming, and valid hunting, and lying in an ahelp are all things that can be done in any job and the ban should reflect that in my opinon.

I am reminded of an old saying in Tennessee, I know its probably Texas, that says "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me thrice, shame on you. Fool me four times, shame on you. Fool me five times, shame on you. Fool me six times, shame on you. Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight times, shame on you. Fool me nine times, shame on you. Fool me ten times, shame on you. Fool me eleven times, you can’t get fooled again.

2 Likes

This player has a page full of bans (and god knows how many notes) on account of his behaviour specially in head roles and sec. Don’t know if job ban applies here, he seems to play on other servers then come here and conduct himself as he would there.

1 Like

I think I was the one that Ahelped the guy, It was a Hop if Correct.

I was a medical borg, I chased the Hop Carrying a dead prisoner to the bridge cause I intended to Revive them. Anyway, First thing first I get ordered to do is an implant search,(They had no proof of implant usage). Anyway, I attempted revival and my laws get changed in the middle, I stated my laws was purged then updated. Didn’t even ask me to state, Picked up the Prisoners e-sword and Killed me instantly. Was left baffled before Ahelping it.

Not sure what Notashark was dealing with but I was quickly moved to robotics and fixed so It wasn’t to bad. Anyway, maybe they didn’t check the notes fully or just deemed That the game wasn’t impacted to bad? I dunno.

Alrighty so I’ve looked in to this and the past history of admiralgigatron, and got to agree that this ban was too lenient. They just came off a week server ban for LRP and shitty behavior overall.

This should’ve escalated into a multiple week- or straight up full month server ban. Not a week command ban.

Apologies for getting to this report so late, it would be unfair to apply a ban now, two months after the original 7 day role ban was applied.

With this @Not_a_Shark has now been reminded about not being too lenient especially in obvious cases like this one.

2 Likes