Not_A_Shark Player Report

CKEY: 1jovemtr00

Your Discord: Don’t use it on Bee

Offender’s CKEY: Not_A_Shark

Offender’s In-Game Name: Milli

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06-04-2023

Round Number: 44340

Rules Broken: 9 - Self Antag, 12 - Head of Staff conduct.

Incident Description: I was the QM during this round. Was a green alert without any security staff present. We had a captain onboard. I was doing general cargo work since I had no cargo techs to delegate tasks. I was crate hunting at some point and then I found the captain being kidnapped by a person, getting dragged unconscious with another person lying there unconscious (I believe?) as well, a lizard being. I don’t remember their names. I try to drag it away but the kidnapper managed to recover it, running back to the place where we were, cargo maints. Then a few shots from him were fired at me, but I managed to push him and knock himself on the ground. I recover the self defense gun and shot a few disabler shots at him. The lizard wakes up and starts going after me, which made me realize he was their accomplice. Still, I was quite close to be successful at recovering the captain, me and lizard end up getting to the north maints door of cargo maints, when, all of sudden, CMO Milli shows up, gets on the way impeding my passage, the door closes, she doesn’t move nor does anything and the kidnappers ran free.
I, IC, was mad at Milli and I let the crew know that captain got kidnapped. I might have made a public complaint about the CMO action( or even lack of) about this case but I don’t remember to be honest. Anyway, seeing little to no action getting done, I move myself towards the medical bay and complain a lot to Milli about what happened but also planned on setting up a rescue plan of some sort. Milli during the discussion, grapples my character and throws it inside the medical front desk, dealing damage. I pushed her a few , say a few lines that I won’t remember, and not too long after that, she shots me with laser, dealing lethal damage. I reacted with a punch and pushes. A chemist was there that I don’t remember the name sides ( wrongfully) with her. Their claims is that she is the head of staff and are allowed to do such a thing.

As the round went by, pretty much nothing was done afterwards as far as I remember about recovering the captain or doing something about the problem. The round ends and I approach the problem on OOC talk. Player justification was that “Milli is evil” and states that the shot was accidental, it intended to shoot “blue” at my QM, which, is still wrong. Justifies the action saying that “as a CMO, I can toss you out of medbay” and accused me of starting shoving, which was done after I was thrown at the front desk causing damage and getting shot at lethally.

That self antag pretty much costed the round because afterwards, and not only me, but others, were publicly contesting the character’s credibility, hampering any IC action to be taken more effectively against the cultists and to recover the captain. Despite doing all of that, Milli showed up at cargo and used my orders console without saying anything to make orders ( I believe it was lethals, but Im gonna be honest, I don’t remember) using the acting captain privilege it had at the time. So the question can be raised, was this the entire goal of the player during the round? Hamper the kidnapp and answer lethally to me in order to get acting captain benefits? Player stated later on on OOC: “Milli is evil”, therefore, justified? The intent and actions of the player made me report this as Self Antag. Its explanation afterwards, justifying the character conduct, I believe as stated on this report, falls into Head of Staff conduct.

Additional Information: Players involved in the discussion replied as you can see on the screenshot below to the player. Emphasis on comment: “New Rule: Milli is always evil.”

3 Likes

Changed the category to staff reports due to them being an admin.

This seems like an IC issue honestly, just something that got muddled IC that costed the round to go cult W i assume? I’ve had issues with this with Milli, not the player themselves but often because of their reputation as both a character and most likely also as an admin it affects the behavior of others towards them. I once had someone make multiple threats in LOOC about an implant check after she popped her cuffs with a freedom implant right there infront of me. I maintained at the time you wouldn’t expect security to need this evidence if I freedom implanted inside security while arrested, this is just because its an admin. This just seems like a case of mass confusion though.

1 Like

The player used lethals on green after doing an assault for no reason and after preventing the captain rescue and not doing anything about it as acting captain to later on use it’s privileges and a whole station is immediatly suspicious of it being actually one of the cultists due to its behaviour and the justification afterwards given by the player is that “milli is just evil” and you call it “mass confusion” and “IC issue”?
Were you even playing at that round? Also, are you serious?

Before this devolves into an argument, please remember to keep any posts relevant to the report and to follow our rule of Be Excellent to Eachother.

1 Like

With all the respect, read again. Which part of “recovering the captain” is not clear there? Also, were you part of the round?
CMO has the right to remove someone from medbay with a good reasoning. Getting called out for not doing anything and hampering the rescue of a CAPTAIN is not a good reasoning, on the contrary.
I could had done the same to the CMO when it was using my cargo console while it was getting called out by everyone as a cultist. I did not. Just because you’re a head of staff it doesn’t mean you can abuse authority and do as you please, much less when you’re the one that screwed up.
More effort on the RP should had been made as my character intent was to put up a rescue plan since she was the only command onboard after the incident and I was the next on the chain of command with a department capable of providing equipment if necessary.

Do you even know what Valid Hunting means? And again, with all the respect, were you playing that round?

Trying to recover someone is NOT valid hunting.

I shouldn’t peannut post.

What page is that? If it’s not a moderated page, it isn’t rules.

I will take a moment to say I was observing the round and Milli absolutely did not intend to shoot you with lethals, their PTSD was left on that setting from something else, probably the maint fight or a different clockwork cultist encounter, hence why they shot you exactly once with lethals then switched to disabler beams during the medbay fight. They also apologized for it at some point, I believe.

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Terminology

1 Like

I thought so too but the reasoning of my player report is listed above. The intent of the player IC was Milli to be evil. It hampered a captain’s rescue followed by my character being throw at the front by her and followed by the lethal shot. Shooting disablers afterwards makes things even worse from the point of view of head of staff conduct. She was getting called out very fairly because of what happened IC and as I said, the intent was to put up a plan to recover the captain, which the character never expressed the minimal interest on doing so as the only head of staff avaliable. This follows up by an entire station putting it’s credibility into question wether it was a cultist or not.

So, although they did apoligize to me ( and if I remember correct, it was done LOOC and not IC but maybe it could be both) the sequence of events and the character justification afterwards did not convince me their intent wasn’t to not harm or at the very least to not take advantadge of a privilege with a station without any security, no captain and no other head of staff.

And finally someone who played or watched the round. How does it work here because at another player report, which was a round I was part of, I posted something disagreeing with an admin comment on it and got my post deleted because according to him I wasn’t involved. But here we have people I believe weren’t playing or watching ( they evaded the question many times) but are free to call me out for valid hunting (???) and “Playing the hero”? Not a criticism, Im really asking a question on how this is supposed to work.

1 Like

You clearly weren’t validhunting firstly. There was no security and you weren’t going out of your way to chase cultists.

I don’t mean to disparage you, but do you have a social disability? Like really, nothing wrong with that, I’m honestly not trying to disparage you here, but Milli saying “Milli is evil” isn’t something to be taken seriously, it’s clearly end of round joke stated in OOC. Milli is clearly not always evil, nor do they intend to ever be when they aren’t an antagonist. It’s just a reference to the deleterious effect Milli had on the station. Hell, even when they ARE a traitor they usually aren’t what could be considered “evil”, but more along the lines of “annoying”.

Finally I was watching pretty much the entire round except for the end. I was watching as Kur-Reet, the lizard engineer, lost to the captain in the bridge, I was watching Captain Kurt heal Kur-Reet in a public access area and subsequently get mugged by his co-cultists for doing so, and I was watching you fight the captain’s assailants.

You did really well overall. I was actually really impressed with your performance, and still am. A lot of people are terrified of conflict, no matter how good the reason, and it’s refreshing to see someone who isn’t.

But you need to consider this from Milli’s point of view.
Milli hadn’t been informed about clockwork cultists, even if they were, they wouldn’t know who is which. Now, consider the reason why they arrived when they did. They were watching suit sensors, and saw on sensor update that the captain was in critical condition in west library maint.

So they go there, open the door, and they see you a random, blood covered cargo tech, dragging the captain’s body. Keep in mind, the clockwork cultists are likely in the dark from Milli’s point of view, they don’t know that you’re fighting other people, they just arrived. So from their point of view the person who killed the captain was, mostly likely, you.

This is the point that a normal member of command staff (definitely myself) or security would likely begin blasting, but not Milli. Instead they give you a chance to explain yourself.

Now, here’s the other point, I’m pretty sure you weren’t on help intent when Milli blocked you in; you were just fighting the cultists. I think you sort of blocked yourself in due to the heat of the moment. This isn’t to say this is on you, you still did GREAT overall and it’s extremely difficult to focus on multiple things at once in the heat of combat.

Anyway, after this encounter, you had great IC justification to be upset as Milli. But they also had IC justification to be upset at you; you were publicly blaming them for the captain’s death after all, when they’re doing the best they can, and really, the real cause of the captain’s death was the clockwork cultists for killing him. Again, the only reason they were there in the first place was to give the captain medical treatment. This understandably makes them IC upset with you, and when you confront them in medbay they ask you to leave and then attempt to disable you when you refuse, initially shooting you once with the gun that was still left on lethal, even apologizing for doing so.

I was watching the entire time, I think I can say pretty confidently that there was no real roleplay breach or real wrongdoing on anyone’s part. Confusion, blame and conflict will happen due to fog of war, it’s just part of the game.

Right, actually lastly, Milli almost never fights. They’re pretty much a roleplay only character. They don’t really have the instant combat mindset or instinct to block you in intentionally. Even when they shot you, they did so because they don’t have the muscle memory to check which setting their gun is on -there’s pretty much no cases for them when it’s even on lethal, so they’re not used to even considering the setting.

And just again, you did do really great. Both in your attempt to save the captain and in your IC behavior. As a ghost watching, I was and am very proud of you. But you’re attributing malice to Milli where there really was none. You had legitimate gripes, but only really the sort that could be settled in a IC law case -provided that the captain wasn’t round removed and clockwork cultists weren’t destroying the station.

1 Like

Hey Shadow! Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it . I could had done more but I was playing and having to watch out for my cat at the same time. Wasn’t easy. Let me adress to your points :

1- I play this since 2008. Im no better and not worse than anyone because of it, but I have yet to see to this day someone justify their actions IC like that as a joke after a round. With all the respect, labelling that discernment like that not only to me but others that shared the same view during and after the round is a bad take. I say this , and again, it’s at the report, wasn’t only it’s justifications but a combination of them and the actions performed by the player during the round .

2- Im gonna be honest here and say that I don’t remember if my character was aware of cultists around the station. But your argument about Milli point of view is wrong because it actually made visual contact with the kidnappers so taking it as myself being responsible unfortunatelly was pretty much out of question. Milli was informed by my character about the kidnapping.

3- On the contrary, that was exactly the time that Milli should start blasting or at least start a rescue plan of some sort. I do mention in the report it’s lack of interest and action on this regard to join forces with me and crew to do something. This plays a part on the head of staff conduct I mentioned.

4- This is a good point and Im gonna be honest and say that I do not remember the intent I had when Milli showed up. I can say though that I was blocked by her at the front of maints door. She had vision on the kidnappers at some point, that Im certain. She could had just lied on the floor to allow me to proceed , say something or do anything else but no. It hampered a rescue and again, based on the character behaviour and player justification afterwards, points out to ME that it was intentional. I gotta remind you that we had an active AI there too.

5- On this paragraph about the medical bay incident, you just pointed out the head of staff conduct violation. They can be upset at me as much as I was with them , which is fine. To be upset doesn’t mean you can throw someone at your front desk (dealing damage), shoot them with lethals and then try to disable them. To react with unnecessary force because you’re getting called out is basically an admission of guilt. I quote from rules:

2- Heads of Staff have jurisdiction over their department, but not others. They are encouraged to work together to achieve common goals.

3- The Captain’s goal is to ensure the safety of their crew and the success of the station as a whole, not to abuse your position and power-trip over the station. The captain is not required to be totally proficient at all departments, but they should have at least a surface understanding of how each department and role functions.

So, Milli won’t blast her weapon at kidnappers dragging the captain around maints ( even though according to you, on her understanding, it could had been me) but won’t think twice before throwing , shooting lethally and non lethally but stunning a QM for just calling her out about what happened? And for suggesting a rescue plan? And just because she “can”? This quite doesn’t add up.

6- My character did urge to set up a rescue plan. My character never objected to the acting captain, even though it had valid reasons for doing so, from using cargo and order crates ( which like I said, I don’t remember exactly what they were, but I take they were lethals). There was a lot of roleplay breach and wrongdoing here. Otherwise, why would the entire station be suspicious of Milli’s conduct? My character asked a miner for personal protection against Milli. Many others at the station thought Milli was a cultist.

7-I had the same vision about the character till this round.

I would agree with you if the head of staff conduct wasn’t so blatant broken. The player justification, again, Im sorry, contradicts your point. The player is basically confessing a malice intention. I felt really bad for the captain player for being taken out of the round like that and so fast. Thanks again for the compliments and for the insightful reply.

Locking this for the time being until either me or llol are able to look into this. I believe everything that has to be said/commented is already in here.

2 Likes

Strange that this was a report, as i belived i pointed out that this was an accident, as my weapon was still on red from the previous altercation with the hostlile cultists.

also what?

Milli during the discussion, grapples my character and throws it inside the medical front desk, dealing damage.

The Only damage you took during the event was stammina damage, not anything else.
From there you came in and we had a shoving match.
I did result to my PTSD, inside my department. I am sorry i used a harmful shot on accident, it was not my intention to harm you.
and i did make sure to heal you of it as soon as i could via cryo tube.

I dont get excatly what went against the rules here? Yes i tabled you during a stressfull situation, annoyed at you yelling at me, while i propably had better things on my mind, but that none of actually hurt you.

OOC: “Milli is evil”,

this was a joke.

As for hindering the round… no?
i was in cargo as we had no sec and command was streched thin
i belive i tried to hail you, but you where not present, so i went to getting mind shields for the crew.

1 Like

Already, apologies for taking this long to resolve this admin report.

While it’s always hard to accurately paint a situation via logs, I do consider this situation to be more or less IC.
If you see someone being kidnapped in the hallways, or in any public space then you are allowed to try and help them out. You are not allowed to hunt them afterwards though, you should call security to do so. I don’t see anything wrong here with notashark deciding to not hunt after the kidnapper.

It is also completely fine for the CMO to kick someone out of medbay after the prove to be a source of drama and waste your energy/time. Obviously they shouldn’t have shot you with lethals, but I believe that was just an accidental shot and the intent wasn’t to kill or crit you with it.

The whole “milly is evil” part is obviously an OOC joke.

As I said at the beginning already, I consider this whole situation to be IC.

Thank you for the report though!