New tool sprites are bad

Based man not lashing out his anger at the other side just because he disagrees with them.
Ceo of based.

the batteries and the components for machines is what i really don’t think is good.

Well they are part of the resprite pack that these tools are in and honestly I thought they looked icky

They turned the wrench diagonal and made it along with the crowbar a lighter hue, which makes it look much better.
Still not a fan of the multitool and wirecutters though, it’s not even the sprites that are bad, it’s the design itself not being nice

Ah, yeah, they look a whole bunch nicer now. I don’t mind the wirecutters, but it’s true that they don’t really look like heavy duty tools and more like a terraria item. I’m not gonna defend the multitool, though, it looks nothing like the base tool and nothing like a multitool in general.

1 Like

Yeah. Azalon said it was because you can also use it for circuitry and storing shit, but circuitry is used by almost no one. I think it would fit better as the analyser, but with a darker colour.

The old tools were beautiful in their simplicity. They were easy on the eyes and easily recognisable on a glance.

New tools are ugly in their complexity. All the superflous details and lack of contrast make it so there is always a moment needed to parse what you’re looking at.

Return to old sprites. They were very good. There was no need to change them.

5 Likes

This

20202020202””202”

1 Like

I dont know how can you not differentiate the new tools. My only offenders are different tiers of welders, as i cant comprehend them exactly. Everything else is about as decypherable as before

It’s not that we can’t, it’s more like it takes more effort, making it less easy and pleasing to the eyes.

Yeah, and thats where i dont see the problem, it didnt become harder for me. I wont say its easier, because its not, its just the same. And it looks prettier now too, the complexity looks like what you imagine your favourite old game to look, when compared to the old sprites which are how it actually looks.

The normal welder and multitool look too similar currently, the screwdriver is too small.

as for if it’s harder or easier to recognize the tools, definitely much harder.

It’s not harder to differentiate the tools from each other. It’s harder to differentiate the tools from everything else. It takes a moment to parse what’s on the tile if it’s one of those new sprites now.

And they do not look better. They look more detailed. More detailed is not better. Old sprites look better. And they function better too.

2 Likes

I dont mind the new tools, maybe some tweaking is needed but they are fine for me.

1 Like