New Job Suggestions

having a role solely dedicated to powergaming lavaland/away mission/space ruins

baste

1 Like

I like the idea of bodyguard
I mean might have to lock it out of antags etc, but I like the thought of being captain and having a 100% loyal friend

1 Like

simplemob control
tranq gun

this just in: chems dont do shit to simplemobs, nor do bear traps

Job: secretary/ head of staff assistant
Equipment: mindshield obviously since they’re working for a head of staff, a tablet computer, a clipboard, pen and a headset with command and general channels
Duty: basically a person who gets assigned to a specific head of staff and reports around/does jobs for them

Extra: really the only edit to the maps if any would just be adding a desk near the entrance to heads of staff’s offices and the

this would probably only work on the MRP server but it seems like a fun job to add and it could be a good way to learn command roles

Job:
Security Technician

Equipment:
Roboticist loadout and insulated gloves. Access to the Brig and EVA room inside the Brig. Mindshielded.

Duty:
Build, repair and upgrade mechanical security systems including securitrons, ED-209s, turrets, sandbags etc. An hour into the shift could see them having built a number of ED-209s going around, turrets around the Brig in the hallways and in space, electrified grilles around the armory in space and several Gygaxes for officers.

Extras:
Stacks of metal and glass in the Security Office where they’re based. An exosuit fabricator and circuit imprinter also in the same room.

Traitor specific:
N/A

only head of staff that get mindshields are captain and hos, although i feel like this bridges on Departmental assistant territory, which would be basically thr same thing barring the command radio channel

Job: Emergency Medical Technician
Equipment: Chemical Spray (Starts with Synthflesh), Loaded Medbelt, Refillable Medipen, Personnel Pinpointer
Duty: Roam the station providing emergency care and dragging wounded to the medbay.

Extras: Some more access than the average doctor.

Traitor specific: N/A

Emt has already been added and surgeon is in final stages
Depending on if I want to annoy mark more I may try adding another

fuck

this confirms that simplemobs are gay and that chaos magicarps can eat my ass

How about some ‘alternative-jobs.’ for the assistants, so when you choose Assistant you’ll get the option to play as these lil memey roles instead so we don’t always have 50+ assistants milling about. For example

Barber
Job: Barber
Equipment: Barber’s uniform alongside the electric razor
Duty: Annoy the crew and forcefully shave em bald!

Boxer
Job: Boxer
Equipment: Boxer’s short & a pair of boxing gloves
Duty: Challenge the crew & bring glory to yourself in the ring!

Pizza Delivery Dude
Job: Pizza Guy/Gal
Equipment: Whatever uniform resembles a Pizza Delivery lad + a fresh dank boxed pizza
Duty: Get dat fukkin pizza delivered to whoever you deem worthy!!

Acolyte of Carp’sie
Job: Budget Chaplain
Equipment: Carp costume, Carp plush & a fancy bible
Duty: Spread the holy word of carp’sie to the ignorant ones here!

Genetic Abomination
Job: Genetic Abomination
Equipment: Same as what any old assistant spawns with
Duty: Do your best to survive!
Extra: Spawns in with 3 randomized bad traits (Blindness,paralegic, deaf, etc) alongside two randomized brain traumas!

Feel free to add on to this list if you’ve got any dank ideas!

8 Likes

I see, you follow the ways of carp’sie young one.

How about improving station security with these buff cowboys

Job: Buff cowboy
Equipment: Buff cowboys whip, Buff cowboys straw hat, Buff cowboys salted beef
Duty: assist security, robust greytide

extras: the buff cowboys start with buff cowboy trait witch gives them +10 str, witch basically makes them really buff cowboys, and also buff cowboys whip would do triple damage to animals, salted beef would hold 20u of nutrition

EDIT: ATLEAST ADD THE SALTED BEEF PLEASEEEE!!!

6 Likes

Ram ranch oh god imagine, requirng 20 characters just to reply lol!

I dont know i like the idea of having a traitor or a cultist being your bodyguard, or you protecting a traitor or Cultus with out even knowing it.

Once i hired a traitor a space ninja, breeded xenos bribed the living fuck out of sec, gotten a spiderarmy made etc.

1 Like

This one was probably already mentioned, but we would really benefit from having this.

Job: Brig Doctor
Equipment: Usual doctor gear, a can of pepper spray, zip ties. Maybe one of those portable health tracking devices paramedics have.
Duty: Heal prisoners and security officers. Be an extra set of eyes in the brig.

Extras: Could probably do implant checks if he went to medical to get surgical gear. Should have some minor access to the medical zone, as well as the brig (you decide how extensive). Probably should be mind shielded, since you wouldn’t have just any old chump healing the boys in blue (Or red, since nanotrasen thought red was more intimidating).

yea, a hell of a lot of people (including me) have considered just porting the brig physician from paradise station

https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Brig_Physician

Looks like a good addition. I went with the pepper spray and zip tie addition because you’re dealing with criminals, and pepper spray is harder to use than a flash bulb, but yeah, you don’t really need much more than the basic medical gear to do fine.

Pepperspray has been buffed now so I think that’s fine still.

yeah, alot of my friends on beestation agree with idea that you should also port dog people from paradise