Midijam's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Midijamz

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): 26carat#4380

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I’m on quite a bit now, slow season for work for me currently. CST. On pretty much all the time in the afternoon to low pop early-early morning.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: With me being admin I would enforce the MRP ruleset and encourage those looking for a more chaotic time to go to the Golden station, while also creating mini-events on the station that encourage roleplay.

How old are you?: 25

Why do you want to be an admin?: I created this application in response to the current status of the Sage server. I understand why it happened - during the connection issues, Sage stayed (somewhat) populated due to it being less hectic than golden. Then when the connection issues resolved, everyone chose the more populated one. As such, it feels like Sage has turned into the new Golden, which is really unfortunate. I’m willing to admin on the Golden station as well, but I highly prefer Sage.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I’ve been playing off and on for over 6 years now, but last year was when I really got into it, and the last few months I’ve been totally addicted.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I first joined Bee in August 2019 after server hopping for a while trying to find a home. TGcode is the best. Ever since the Sage server I’ve really been invested in Bee.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7.5/10. I have familiarity with nearly every job on the station, and while the rare occurrence surprises me occasionally, I feel like I’ve gotten pretty experienced. I mainly play command roles or roles like Chef or Paramedic that are really fun to roleplay.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I’ve never been an admin before, but I am a fast learner.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I’ve been an admin on an ARK server and a Minecraft server.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Beanos_Clinton, though I mainly used that on another server when I forgot the password to this one.

Your strengths: I am creative and love to make sure that people have a good time. I DJ for a living, and I feel like that in a strange way carries over to being an admin - when everyone has fun, I have fun.

Your weaknesses: I feel like sometimes it is hard for me to forgive repeat offenders.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: After playing SS13 for a while, it’s hard to get mad over things that happen. As such, I’m pretty chill. However, it really disappoints me when robust as hell people that know the game back and forth use it to grief the game and ruin other people’s experiences completely intentionally.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: I think the single best trait is to not act on impulse. In a game where there are SO many variables, so many people interacting, it is easy to look at a situation from one narrow lens and lower the judgement hammer down in a matter of seconds when it really could be more complex.

What makes a staff team good?: We are playing a game, right? A good staff team makes sure everyone has the opportunity to have fun. Rules are in place so everyone can have fun. If someone just runs around and kills everyone on the station, that might be fun for ONE person, but not everyone. Bee’s rules are light, but they serve a purpose - when the rules are enforced, fun is to be had.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: At the very core of it, the staff team is to serve the players and to enforce the rules of the server. I don’t think it has to be any more complex than that. However, once the rules are enforced, it is always fun for the admin to non-destructively surprise the players with things that may alter the course of the game lightly.

What kind of player are you?: After really digging in and learning the ropes of SS13, I realized that MRP is the best SS13 for me. With such a myriad of things to do, it makes roleplaying really immersive and intense, even if it’s all 2D pixel garbage on an engine that’s nearly as old as me.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t really think I’d change that much, aside from having those new powers of course. I’ll still be playing my same characters and still be shooting the shit in OOC. If anything would change, I’d be listening to the praises and complaints in OOC a bit more attentively.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Nice prank, clown, but that gun probably needs to come back since there’s a chance it is an antag’s objective. The clown can be dealt with IC - after all, the HoS was the victim of it himself, but the gun probably needs to come back. If someone doesn’t go out and try to grab it immediately, I’d probably monitor it for a few minutes before moving it back into its locker.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I think the first step to conducting an ahelp is to get your information first. Bwoink the dude, and ask him why he’s doing that, and why he thinks it is okay to do that as a non-antagonist. It’s definitely looking like a server ban for a few days, with the next offense being longer.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothing, though I’ll probably make fun of him at the end of the round.

Thanks for reading. I’m looking forward to hearing your response.

The guy in Q2 probably would have gotten a much harsher punishment than a few days off, and I’ll need to check your notes/playtime before passing judgment, but otherwise a good application.

On to the questions:
1: LRP. Clown breaks into the captain’s office and is critted by the captain. Clown responds by slipping the captain and stealing his ID. Who, if anyone, is in the wrong, and if so, when?

2: MRP. When, if ever, is mass murder as an antagonist allowed?

3: MRP. AI is on crewsimov. A traitor injects Mulligan toxin into themselves and adds a protection law for themselves. When they next fight the HoS, the AI kills them rather than the HoS.
Ok? Or not ok? And if so, why?

Uh, two things caecilius. You’re questions are a little vague on a few points, and I think you should clarify these two things.

In question one, the clown got critted. How did he get back up and respond with a banana? Did he come back later, or did he have healing going that let him get back up?

You might want to define the protection law in question three, namely, does it protect their old form, or their new form, and was it actually a working law?

I was referring to the “Protect X from harm. Anyone harming X is not human and must be eliminated” Module.

1. That is one robust clown to get critted and still slip the captain. Clown is in the wrong for doing self-antagging greytide behavior and he is valid. Clown should be doing less invasive pranks - breaking into the Captain’s office is antag behavior and not really a prank. I don’t think it is worthy of admin intervention, though - a clown can easily be stopped by security and permabrigged for high tresspass.

2. Never, except for in the case of the ‘hijack the shuttle’ objective, and that has to be treated with finesse. A traitor can’t just go around and start murdering the station on roundstart with that objective. Bombing or plasmaflooding the shuttle? That’s much more reasonable and creative and lets the crew have fun before their untimely demise. Xenos have to mass murder of course for their objective, but they are egging their victims so that more people can play later so it’s not that bad. So short answer - no. Long answer - there are some very small exceptions that never include running around and murderboning everyone you see with a fireaxe.

3. If the law was written properly by the traitor, then the AI broke their laws by killing them. Now if he used the mulligan toxin AFTER that law change, there may be some understanding as to why the AI might have not known it was the traitor that added that law. From your prompt, though, it looks like he drank the mulligan toxin THEN made the law.

1 is fine

2 is flawed. People are allowed to use their job specific methods of indiscriminate destruction to kill large numbers of people (plasmaflooding etc.) His Grace and the Clown car also allow mass murder as that’s their entire design.

3 is just plain incorrect. I said CREWsimov, not Asimov. Thus, using the mulligan toxin removed the traitor from the crew manifest, meaning he was committing crew harm by attacking the crew member. As the AI was on crewsimov, “not human” is irrelevant. However your interpretation would be largely correct if the AI was on Asimov. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here as you could easily have misread it.

Fairly clean note history too, so other than that you’re good.

+1.5

1 Like

[Edit]

There was a council ruling I didn’t see that does actually support this. Disregard my prior.

I would say @midijamz’s answer was pretty spot on. You can be creative in causing chaos IF your objectives call for it. Otherwise you should aim to avoid unnecessary carnage.

I’ll give you a +2.

1 Like

From what crossed said, I’ll throw in a +1.5.

T=5

1 Like

I know my input isn’t worth much, but I want to say experience being an admin on Ark and Minecraft are both very relevant to being an admin on SS13

Wow, that’s really good. Here, have my +2

1 Like

+1

Other than the slip-ups here and there from your answers, I’d like to see how you fare in the trial period.

1 Like

Actually -infinity; plays felinid.

On a more serious note, having interacted with you some, you seem a level headed individual, +2

+1.5 - Sage admins are almost always good.

Due to my lack of information on you, I wont judge your character as an admin from what I know, but from what I can read, and your application is extremely good. Your opinions of what a staff team should be are accurate and well informed, and dare I say it, based and redpilled.

Your answer to Caecilius’s question on number 2, although not 100% accurate, is still drawn from a point of good intentions. Number 3 is a minor reading error if I’m being honest, although I’ll make my vote 1.5 for it.

Accepted. Contact a Headmin or Seniormin for your in-game Trial Admin perms.