Merge the servers

monstermos compatible tho i reckon

God no please not again.

I like the Tcomms sat.

atmos teg engine on eclipse looks like a lot of fun, they even triple layered the ?cooling loop on the burn chamber?

oh and holodeck in perma

But why would we make merge into LRP server?
Sage is the server of choice for most, why would remove what our actual playerbase likes and force them to play in different environment. Only thing you would achieve is making chunk of our players go to other servers since they need to adapt to different reality anyway. There are people that actually donā€™t want to deal with constant validhunting, breaking into departments and unrobust crew that calls shuttle every 40 minutes because they actually canā€™t deal with any issue

1 station thats still in development. its good start but we need more. Also departments themselves arent large its just large hallways and maints mainly

thats mrp lol, one time i had a 6 hour round

yea but what about the million prs made to try to make sage more rp-ish. You will merge and lrp will die since the code was made for rpers who dont even play the game.

no one will ever give you anything you ask for its pointless

Because the majority of players on ā€œMā€RP donā€™t roleplay and donā€™t want to roleplay, only joining for the pop.

So you are willing to merge two servers and push away some part of our community because you still believe that mrp pop is bigger because mrp pop is bigger thing?
Not long ago there was an event on Golden, MRP was left with like 20 people, if its just about higher pop why people went back to Sage which at that very point had lower pop? According to what you say Sage should become the low pop server from that point cause everyone is just joining the one with more players, yet somehow people went back on it after event ended.
MRP wasnā€™t ahead of LRP at beginning, people were slowly trying it out and most decided that they actually prefer the experience.
We already pop capped Sage once but that didnā€™t do the trick so you would want to merge both servers and maybe branch them off with even lower population limit for what reason?

Its not HRP, even MRP is quite a generous word for it, that I can agree with but please donā€™t say that people donā€™t actually choose to play Sage because they are not putting on costumes and talk with accents (I would imagine having a word filter is not helping since even if they were in character they would not be able to express themselves freely), majority of bee community clearly prefers to play with Sage rules

People join MRP because it gains consistently higher player pop than LRP. LRP gains a temporary boost to pop during events, but then plummets back down because the players expect the pop to plummet and thus change back.

MRPā€™s current pop was created in January 2020 by a sustained DDoS attack on Golden, forcing everyone to play on Sage for a few weeks. By the time the attack stopped, Golden was a ghost town and thus nobody rejoined.

If the majority of bee players actually prefer the MRP server, why do so many of them consistently and deliberately ignore the MRP rules, refuse to roleplay, and even openly admit that they play on Sage for the pop?

10 Likes

Even though I am against a merge, Cae is right.

By all rights, Golden should have a way higher pop than Sage if players actually joined based on their playstyle.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an awfully constructed strawman, I play on Sage because it has objectively higher standards for player behavior than Golden. You try to use the outliers from Golden that decide to play on Sage as examples of whatā€™s wrong with Sage.

What youā€™re missing in your fallacy is that the players that are consistent shitters with the current rules would just multiply in effect with even laxer rules.

Hereā€™s a radical idea, redirect all new accounts to Golden until they get few hours of playtime. That way you will get to deal with cream of the crop players and get your high pop at the same time - by which I of course mean youā€™ll get to have fun with all the chronic banevading griefers you call a problem at Sage.

1 Like

Imo sage should be capped at 60 instead of 70 and roleplay rules should be enforced more strictly to force people (with LRP behaviour) either onto golden or off beestation entierly, just flat out merging the servers sounds like it would create more problems than it would solve.

Sage not having a traditional validity system, a slightly more restrictive murderbone policy and generally better playerbase (at time of joining) is what made me play there and not golden, RP wasnā€™t my focus even if mine was generally above par when it came to helping others.
I still believe that the non RP rule differences had a factor in pop.

Golden seems to be a little better than what I had been made aware of but even still, non antags racing to thermite command seems par for the course and still tiding departments despite being staffed and co-operativeā€¦ out of pure spite I guess?

There is also the major lack of sec mains on golden and while I cant speak for them on why they donā€™t join, its easy to see why non sec want to avoid the server if they want a somewhat peacefull round (from non antag atleast).

A lot of the so-called ā€œMRP PRsā€ are perfectly fine for golden too

Itā€™s just about reducing powergaming thru code instead of red man in your DMs and creating interreliance and gameplay for departments that lack it e.g. cargo, medical.

People whining about that are like the inverse of MRP gamers who often think sanitized NO-ROUND-REMOVAL hugboxes is good MRP.

Speaking as a sec main, the reasons I donā€™t play on Golden are
A. I enjoy roleplaying, so MRP is the allegedly logical choice, and
B. I would probably be the sole sec player on the station, Iā€™m not very robust, and I have heard horror stories of what happens to sec on Golden.

3 Likes

Those horror stories are no longer true, baiting and mugging security officers is now a bannable offense.
You have no idea how bad it was, not even heads were safe back then.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll admit thereā€™s still times as a captain main on golden that I avoid conflict or enforcing space law because I know itā€™ll lead to a lynching. I pick my battles wisely and it turns out OK.

iā€™m a tin can so i have to anyhow.

1 Like

I trend towards always doing some stupid gimmick as captain (Like banning alcohol or enforcing everyone be drunk.) and somehow i manage to not get myself lynched.