In-game misconduct:

CKEY: The Maggot Guy

Your Discord: themaggotguy

Offender’s CKEY: Marshmellow10 and Zoom9337

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date: 2023-10-4

Round Number: 46098

Rules Broken (if relevant): N/A

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): This is a ruling disagreement

Incident Description: I’ve had the last name Finger for 3 years at this point and have played as Chuck or Charlie Finger for the last 3 years with no problems. This is because either @bloons3, who would’ve headmin at the time, or another admin, ruled that Finger was an acceptable last name around 2020-07-10. Finger isn’t an impossible last name, the guy who made Batman was Bill Finger, and the rarest mineral on Earth is named after a Dr. Larry Finger.

Moreover, I’ve had the name for years. It’s part of my identity, art of my character is my profile picture on all my social media and on steam (if I’m not doing a gimmick for TF2). I distinctly remember a comversation in the ahelps where I was allowed to keep the last name Finger for my character. And last year, (even though it was a short enough time) nobody had any issue with it while I was unbanned. I don’t see why I have to give it up now after all this time. Not another place has had an issue with it. If I sound mad, it’s because I am, but I’m mostly just kind of hurt. This is a name I care about, and it isn’t something ridiculous like Dorito, actual people have that as a last name. I really don’t see why I can’t keep it.

Additional Information: Marshmellow said he discussed it with other admins, but I’d really like confirmation on that, this really took me off guard.

7 Likes

Sorry, here’s the ping for @zoom9337 and @Marshmellow, sorry for forgetting it

1 Like

They started Cracking down on the Special names that push the guildlines, Maggot.

I Almost Ahelped your name when I saw it but didn’t bother. Anyway Recommend coming up with a new name since this might take a while to Be looked at. (Clearly not an admin)

I Edited a part out since I was messaged privately and Corrected.

2 Likes

Alrighty, so we’ve discussed this internally at head level and agreed with the decision taken here.

Chuck Finger really is borderline. As a human you want to use very average names.

On top of that it’s probably also a good idea that you reinvent your character/static, considering a ton has changed in the past 3 years since you were banned and we have upped our standards.

4 Likes