Llol111 Admin Report

closed before the shit show starts. headmins will have a look into it any time soon

8 Likes

Right, lets adress this.

First, lets list out all the gripes with this situation.

• Why was issue taken with the name, when it had previously been fine?
  • Whats with the hostility? (+ adressing the misreading, the wrongful ban)
  • Why did i act without letting you explain?
  • Why did i not consult with other admins?

So lets adress these one by one, shall we?

• Why was issue taken with the name, when it had previously been fine?

In the note by ta it had been ruled as “Grandfatherd in” - meaning it WAS perviously recognised as a non approriate name, but due to the amount of time you’ve had the name there wasnt anything done about it. I disagree with leaving names that violate the “does not raise an eyebrow” just because they’ve been around for a while. They still violate the policy and leaving them around will be used in making new names - afterall, if this person gets to have a silly name, why cant i have one?

• Whats with the hostility? (+ adressing the misreading, the wrongful ban)

I can take an L on that one. In my mind the previous note by ta had already told him that the name was not okay - thusly seeing it used anyways made a slightly upset, and i ended up not choosing as prefessional words as i perhaps should have been.
This ended in you getting a 2 week appearance ban.
You then, correctly, pointed out that the previous note did not end in instrcution to change the name.
Thusly, i imeadiatly removed the ban, before you even made the ban appeal, but was not able to reign in my annoyance or appologise as i should have for the unjustfied rudeness.

No excuses there, that wasnt verry cool.

For the shebang with the second ban, applied by franc, see the ban appeal thread.

• Why did i act without letting you explain?

Because my mind is and was made up about your name being non aproriate for MRP. Letting you aregue your case, while it certainly would have been nicer (see the previous point), would not have changed anything. All it would have done is delayed the ticket being resolved. In hindsight, it would have been better to let you argue your heart out, and take the time explain the decision and judgement properly. Again, see the previous poit as to why - it wouldnt have changed anything, but i do have to take the L on being rude instead of professional as i should have been.

• Why did i not consult with other admins?

First of all, how would you even know if i did or not? I was in a discord call with other admins at the time, and while the issue was by no means discussed at length, there was agreement that indeed nick dorito is not an acceptable name.

I hope this can clear up some of the confusion, and with a little luck dispell part of your upsetness at my actions.

3 Likes

opened in hope you guys wont start shitposting again

I understand the ruling. At the end of they day I can’t really sway the decision of everyone and can only go to dead LRP or to another server with Nick Dorito. But Lexen put it best in the other thread:

I’m just not exactly a big fan of getting made an example of.

As for everything else i’m glad you realized where you went wrong. I’m not saying you have to be the upmost professional when bwoinking someone like “Hello sir! May i ask you a question?” like some super blue collar stuff, just the way you approached me and handled my situation was very aggressive and unnecessary. The aggression would be good for the assistant that just broke into hop’s office and killed him and Ian though.

This thread can be closed and the report rescinded i honestly am over this whole situation. At the end of the day I just wanted communication from the admin team and I guess i got that. I’m ready to put this behind us llol111.

6 Likes

Nick being a better man than most of us could hope to be

5 Likes

Yeah I didn’t really expect this report to go anywhere after they deleted all of my posts even after you referenced them in a response Nick, sorry bud.

If it’s any consolation, more than one admin has been talking to me in DMs about how much they disagreed with this entire ordeal but have been afraid to say anything.

is this true? if so then i don’t understand the fear. it seems cowardly and fairly complicit to say nothing about this on the forum where it’s being discussed. especially bc a) the pot has already been stirred, and b) this forum isn’t north korea

not saying that there isn’t visible dissention between the admins, but really. if u care enough to vent about it then you care enough to say something on a public forum

They didn’t want to publicly disagree with the ruling because they were in the minority, that’s pretty normal tbh

are u assuming that they’re the minority? (just a question)

also i wouldn’t consider that appropriately normal within context

Nobody on staff likes stirring drama publicly even if they disagree with something that has occurred, myself included. Anyone on staff that is willing to stir or prolong drama because they disagree likely won’t be staff for much longer.

That said, staff are not just encouraged to voice themselves privately, but we just had a meeting a few days ago to discuss whatever topics were posted. I don’t see any reason for staff to be afraid of speaking their mind behind the door, so to speak.

@Archanial, @bloons3 and I all have spicy debates fairly regularly, and to the best of my knowledge we’ve never been punished for calling something BS or getting frustrated with one another.

2 Likes

i mean i would rather and admin share a scathing opinion on the forums rather than just Pack up their bags and leave

2 Likes

As someone who’s been there to see what happened, Hangyul left for other reasons, which aren’t related to this report

2 Likes

He actually admitted he was wrong and didn’t punish you. And you has told you multiple times the team doesn’t want you having that name. The fact he admitted he was wrong is can be rare with admin’s.

Closing this per request.