Kurt Hairpin and Danforth Boatlegs Player reports (Unknown CKEYS)

In-game report:Kurt Hairpin and Danforth Boatlegs Player reports (Unknown CKEYS)

CKEY:Acronad

Your Discord:Acronad

Offender’s CKEY:unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Kurt Hairpin (HoS) and Danforth Boatlegs (Captain)

Server (Sage or Acacia):Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09/25/2022

Round Number: 40561

Rules Broken: Head of Staff conduct and Space law

Incident Description: Clown had an empty clone on stage whom he did multiple things with (Some not so great admittedly), HoS arrested the clown and threw him in brig cuffed to bed with no timer and left. Later on after I pestered him about it as AI (Asimov) he came back and started discussing what to do with the clown, still without setting the timer. HoS suggests execution and captain quickly agrees saying they don’t want them around anyway. Captain and HoS decide on public firesquad on the stage. I believe that execution was an extreme overstep here and not warranted at all for the clowns crimes. I wanted to ahelp in round but I already had an ahelp open without any admins to handle it.

Additional Information: Clowns crimes were nothing more than unsettling really, if criminal at all. I voiced my concerns about it several times including Human Harm but they went ahead with the execution anyway

8 Likes

For reference, I was Arachne (one of the borgs). They kept trying to get me to stop trying to save the clown. At one point I was shot with lethals by Kurt and knocked down to module 1. Thankfully I got repaired by a kind security officer and wasn’t shot with lethals after.

For reference, no one bothered to try locking me down, or to change our (I was sync’d) lawset. They kept trying to order me to stop, despite the fact I told them Law 1 was in effect.

I also want to add that the clown wasn’t really against it, the clown player actually seemed to enjoy it (ckey Leaf_vixen, dunno if they’re on here) RP wise, but per space law? Definitely overstepped. Admittedly in a hilarious way but still.

3 Likes

You did a great job following your order to save the human and following laws, i gotta thank you for that, being my first time AI and all.

And yes the clown did seem okay with what happened but resorting to an execution, especially public, after what had happened felt extreme

2 Likes

I play Danforth Boatlegs, was the Captain for the round.
There are a lot of assumptions/misunderstandings in the original post so I would like to clear some things up.

This is untrue. We had 5 people including myself in brig looking at the situation with the clown as he was locked in a cell and I was the only person who did not want to execute the clown immediately. After about five minutes of deliberation I caved to the crews demands and suggested a firing squad (I admit not a conventional methood of execution) for the clown, but one I felt fitting of the crimes

This is also untrue. I had grabbed a chair and planned to do the execution in brig, but the HoS informed me he would like to do in in the theatre and I didn’t stop him.

The clown did borderline ERP with the clone so we executed him for it. I knew going into this that what I was doing was not 100 percent in accorandace with SOP, but I’m not gonna let wrong things happen on the station if I am in a position to do something about it

Criminal? Not criminal in Space law, no. What he did though in reality was beyond criminal

EXHIBIT A:
https://i.imgur.com/GV5wzDL.png

EXHIBIT B:
https://i.imgur.com/vfLhwBY.png

Nothing more than unsettling? You be the judge

The bottom line:
What we did with the clown was extremely unconventional but at no time in the entire process did anyone on the security team, or the clown himself object. The clown even admitted IC that he was deserving of the punishment when the time came for the HoS and his team to execute. The only people who seem to have taken issue with it are you and Anomalous, who were the AI and Borg for that round respectively, as you had to sit and watch the execution.

I admit the bucks stops with me as the Captain for the round so a lot of the responsibility is on me here but nobody at the time seemed to have an issue with the execution besides the Borgs/AI. All of the crew in brig were encouraging it. I went with what the people wanted to do to keep the RP entertaining

2 Likes

Fair enough, i wanted to ahelp it and handle it in round rather than a report but i had an ahelp open from earlier in the round that wasnt resolved due to no admins. The report was made from my point of view with the information i had which was stated above

1 Like

I have a question: did you ahelp it?
Because ERP is a Big server rule break

1 Like

Was this a question for me or for JayHays? I did not personally witness or hear the clowns crimes everything i knew was second hand and kept being told to me as “the clown did unspeakable things”

1 Like

to anyone who was involved really.

From the looks of it this was during a lowpop round, so no, no one probably ahelped it because there would have been no response anyways.

you still ahelp. We get the ahelps on discord.

Yeah i used to and then someone maxcapped the brig as a non antag and i pinged admin help in the discord and no one responded, most people will not admin help on lowpop because there will usually not be a response.

2 Likes

You dont execute people for ERP. At most you could charge them for Disorderly Conduct as thats the proper IC crime. However, you dont do this, since ERP is against the rules so the only way you deal with ERPers is to ahelp them, not to punish them yourselves.

2 Likes

I guess it… depends on the situation? I’ve seen and heard plenty of situations on which players have been publicly lynched or executed when displaying clear ERP / Racism in chat when no admins were online on lowpop shifts, i think most people agrees OOC that they’re not to play in good faith, then again as a Roleplay server we shouldn’t be punching naked man to death but no one really bats an eye when they know they’re playing to break rules.

Bottom line, the first thing to do is to AHELP IT as soon as you see it i think those “executions-type solutions” are only used in extreme cases like a naked player shouting racist words and exhibing rule-breaking behaviour non-stop even after briged, if the clown said two or three creepy lines you first ahelp it for ERP behaviour and then as Shiraizawa said process him for disorderly conduct, but if the player keeps insisting on doing those creepy things might as well perma them and an admin might show up, at the very least on perma they don’t make any other player uncomfortable

And yeah, on the situations i’ve personally seen i ahelped it as soon as i saw them.

I could not as i had an ahelp still open from earlier in the rkund that had not been handled

1 Like

you can ahelp on top of it, just so you know.
We still get the ticket.

Oh i always thought you couldnt and that’s why it tells you “the ahell verb will be returned to you soon” after a ticket closes

1 Like

That is exactly why people get away with this stuff and then you have to make reports.
ALWAYS ahelp, then wait 5 minutes and ping adminhelp on discord and wait for someone to come handle it. Even if you think no one will answer or come online.

5 Likes

I’ve read the entire round’s chat logs from all parties and can conclude that captain is innocent, because HoS was pushing for clown’s execution from the start and even gave them an ultimatum of “either he dies or I do”.

While there is some leniency for overstepping rules to prevent immediate rule breaking in progress, i.e. nobody would bat an eye for throwing a WGW radio spammer into perma with a muzzle or chef’s gibber, pushing for clown’s execution after he’s already been brigged and is no longer rulebreaking is not acceptable. The correct course of action would have been to actually set the timer for the highest level of crime comitted and create an aHelp of the incident, failing that - a player report.

HoS has been banned from the server for 2 days and command/security roles for a week, due to already having a relevant previous 1d ban for killing a clown for tresspass, and history of overzealous security behavior.

Clown has been banned from the server for 2 days for already having been warned against turning monkeyhumans into their ‘gf’.

Report processed.