Ban Type:
Server
Ban Length:
2 Days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-09-29 03:26:56
Round ID:
Ban Reason
Banned from the server for 2 days - Stop pushing for making erotic jokes and ‘pranks’. You’ve already been warned for this, continuing push the boundaries will result in escalated punishment. This ban is a result of this player report: Kurt Hairpin and Danforth Boatlegs Player reports (Unknown CKEYS)

Also relevant to this ban is this note, from admin Chiryn on 2022-08-23 at 08:49:21:

Mildly inappropriate joke, painting a dormitory white after saying they’d be in there with their ‘GF’ which was a humanized monkey with cat ears.

Appeal Reason:
This ban was the result of a series of immature moments from an inexperienced clown player. At the time, I thought it was funny to push the envelope as the clown, and took the idea that “clowns don’t understand death or sex” too far. The joke that got me the note was intended to be the clown literally painting the dorm room white, since he didn’t understand the implication. I understood when I received the admin message that I had taken it too far, and cleaned up the dorm room.

In the round that I received this ban, I was intentionally trying to make people uncomfortable without being inherently sexual, which was extremely immature of me and could easily be seen as baiting. In addition, a specific action I took, emoting that the clown “made out with” the monkey, was very much inappropriate of me. I realized even the moment that I did it that I had taken it too far, and I tried to apologize for doing so IC, but I should have used LOOC to apologize to the players around me and should have Ahelped to explain to the admins what happened. I accept the judgment of the administration in this case, but the actions that led to this ban are not representative of me as a player and I hope that in the time since it was issued, I have demonstrated that I can do better at RP as a clown and in general. I can confidently say that I will never do something like this again, and I am sorry to both the players and the admins that were involved with these cases.

Additional Information:
I did not notice this ban when it was first issued and only saw it recently for the first time when checking my admin remarks. I was not mentioned in the forum post and so I never got the chance to explain and apologize to the admins and players involved. The reason I am appealing such a short ban so long after is because of this fact. I value the community that we are trying to cultivate here on Bee, and I don’t want people who see my history to conclude that this poor behaviour is what they can expect from me in the future. As always, thank you for your time.

2 Likes

I remember when they told us they wouldn’t ban for things like this and that the restrictions would loosen after we went 18+.

This is extremely tame, why was this a ban, even a warn?

2 Likes

I think the big issue is that it was reported as ERP and deemed borderline. Since I was not around to explain to an admin that I was not trying to push the boundaries on ERP or make players uncomfortable instead of characters, they had no reason to treat me like I was acting in good faith, & what I did was still a bit too far. I’ve humanized monkeys as a clown since, but there’s really just no need to do anything with them that could be interpreted in that way.

If you’re just worried about how this note will impact you in the future then I really wouldn’t be. So long as you don’t continue doing similar stuff then it’s unlikely to be an issue.

Either way this ban has long since expired. I don’t see any reason to remove the relevent note, as we only really remove notes if they are incorrect - which I don’t believe this is.