Kain's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): KraiZeral

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Zorsa Za Sergal#1504

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Prettymuch All weekend and friday, except when I have other stuff poppin’ n’ lockin’, like Starfinder, or I just don’t have the mood for it.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Am I a change? No? Alright, nothing of any real note then, I guess.

How old are you?: 18, just like last time. Yes it’s been less than a year, amazing, I know.

Why do you want to be an admin?: So I can pretend to be cool and also be a forum min per my post-usual.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since earlier this year. (Ssethtide)

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Ssethtide prettymuch.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 10, if we aren’t talking about atmos or anything related to the SM. Or legal matters. Or how to make a sandwich, I still can’t kitchen.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Apparently skilled enough for Kev to actively state it several times when I was originally admin.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yeah, long time ago though, specifically Garry’s Mod, aaaaand that’s probably it to be honest.
There was the time I was admin on Bee tho. And discord servers don’t count because they’re all textually inclined and don’t require a brain to punish unless the rules are some wack crap.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: If I had an alt, I wouldn’t be Kain.

Your strengths: Flexes, as you can see it’s just body mass, not muscle. Honestly I don’t remember what my strengths are. Been a while since I had to actually care about what I’m good at. I guess getting angry at people being lazy with their log-diving is a strength, personally handled one myself ngl. Your welcome btw, one person who knows who they are.

Your weaknesses: Is it not obvious? Honestly, between you and me, one of them is probably ranting because I can’t think. Not having the drive to become God King is probably a weakness too.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People are dumb, call them retarded and stop caring. Getting mad at virtual issues is a weak personality trait. I only get mad at retarded game mechanics, or shitternet.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: An iron will, and no friends. Oh wait, that’s Donald Trump. Uhh… Strength of focus, and resistance to the opinions of others.

What makes a staff team good?: They do their job, without tons of background hassle. If they have to go and beat eachother up because one was too tired to do their part properly, they have a weakness, and likely will remove that weakness themselves. So autonomy and fairness, I guess.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To punish and protect. Like police officers, except virtual and probably unable to eat donuts because of being on a diet.

What kind of player are you?: I’m Kain, not much else to say about it.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Not at all. I’ll sprite felinid ear and tail alternative options if I do change.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Traitor objective item? Give the gun back, and tell the clown to not to space unique items. Not an objective item? Tell the clown to not space unique items. Then put the gun back where it was yeeted out of (aka put it in front of the airlock it got tossed out).

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ban them, Permanently. Since the act of being that retarded griefingly is bannable, and abusing in-game mechanics to troll and ruin other people’s fun is against the rules. Besides, hard to accidentally sabotage atmos, then drag a canister purposely. If they didn’t remove the canister from engineering? Perm engi ban with a temp server ban for being dumb as fuck.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: It’s called an accident. If they do it every round they’re a chemist, then it’s a role ban, details of that can be coated later. Since it wasn’t an intervention of a griefer or admin caliber, no actual interaction aside from with the individual telling them to look up a guide next time.

+1 Cause former min.

solid choice for administration

Untitled320

+2 epic meteor destruction russian space bear killer

hey baby, do you wanna maybe…

sign my petition?

epic and inactive badminpilled

I’m gonna be honest even thinking of making Kain an admin again is fucking retarded considering how inactive he was and anyone who wants him back is just LE EBIC OLD GANG!!! Like holy shit you guys are retarded if you actually make him admin again

3 Likes

this ^^^

cringe ass 20 character limit seriously who the fuck designed the forums

1 Like

to be honest, i say “solid choice for administration” on every fucking admin app, even if it’s not an admin app, because its accidentally become a meme now and i need to keep proliferating it

1 Like

-2 was consistently inactive and was demoted because of it. He hasn’t even played that much lately since he said he was back. This is a horrid idea. Also can we stop +1ing shit because they were admins before? Old admins aren’t always good my guys.

I have to go with bass with this one. Just because he was an admin before doesnt make him a good admin.

(fixed spelling errors, should probably stop doing this shit on firewatch duty)

1 Like

-2, i gotta say a big no, was inactive for most of the time as admin, and the few times he was one he did some pretty questionable things, and just because he was an admin before dosen’t mean he was a good one.

1 Like

Not inactive MOST of the time.

I started becoming inactive after becoming a fullmin about 23 days to 1.5 months in.

Since, yknow, you actually have to be active to get promoted.

And that inactivity was because of the eventual burnout due to the distinct lack of admins on half the time.

+/- 0

I mean, to be fair, I understand that.

Then again, a few other admins which I won’t call out here have also stopped playing the game and adminning due to “burnout”, and some even went as far as to spend an entire month away from the game and STILL say they won’t due to burnout.

I’ll +2 to accept Kain as a trialmin again, not a fullmin.

We just got rid of a lot of inactivemins. There’s no need to bring one back.

I strongly believe it would be good to get kain back on board even as a trial jannie as he actively knows the commands, he was also pretty chill guy from my few times speaking to him. #bringbackkain

I know I can’t vote but I would just like to say without kain chances are I would still be banned, he actually checked the logs and was able to get everything fixed during that entire…event.
It’s my opinion he should be admin again

I don’t know why you retards keep talking about “inactivity” as the most horrible thing.

People have fucking lives, this is a volunteer position. You’re not some kind of a cop on duty, you’re a moderator on a online game.

You’re not helping the current situation where several admins have to babysit players for hours.

Can’t wait for the next recruitement drive because lack of admins. :smirk:

1 Like

+1

More admins are always a good thing during times like these, and Kain has proven to be capable of holding such a position.