**CKEY: jellicoDace

**Admin’s CKEY: Crossedfall

**Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both

**Ban Type: unknown

**Ban Length: unknown

**Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/16/2020

**Round ID: 12569

**Ban Reason: Multiple legal threats against the community and BeeStation

**Appeal Reason: legal issues have been resolved off record and require no further comment.

**Additional Information: what is power gaming ? how should I defend myself and others ? asking in regards to previous ban, so that I may better follow server rules.

First, you’ve been here since 2019-06-04, you should know the damn rules by now.
Second,

1. No Powergaming
    As a non-security & non-command crewmember, you’re not an experienced soldier. Do not rush into danger without reason.
    Do not collect dangerous items, weapons, or tools “just in case”. Do not wear a hardsuit, riot suit, or similar bulky/uncomfortable armor for the entire round.
    Use reasonable self-defense; subdue, but do not try to revenge-kill, any assailants.
    Do not run around with all of the genetic powers, three buffing viruses and the entire armory in your backpack. This is an example of severe powergaming.
    Antags are exempt from this rule.

Third, Wtf is this do you honestly think someone believes this

Side note: Judging by your bans, by this ban appeal, by the fact that you have a post pinned to the wall of shame and by the results you get when you search for jellico on discord, you’re cringe af, everyone hates you and I have no idea how and why you sticked around for this long.
Edit: This game is garbage
Considering you hate this game and this community apparently I recommend just staying out at this point
Edit2:Back to mad
Fucking hell the deeper I dig the more ■■■■■■ed it gets :face_vomiting:

While he may not be an upstanding community member “no one likes you” is not a valid reason to keep someone banned, unfortunately.

If shitters like Dimas and Fighter can continuously be let back into the community because they’re popular despite their disregard for the rules, it’s not fair to turn and say the opposite for someone else

Never said they should stay banned, I just don’t get why the fuck they want to come back

peepee poopoo :sunglasses:

1 Like

IM NOT SHITTER
look at me
and then look at jellico
do you truly believe we’re equals

Youre a more tame example, but you do some pretty dumb shit man

liiiike?
20 char limit

if you all don’t want to be called out for being cowards you should probably be thinking about how to help fix this games vast gap between the melee ability of antags and the crew. “the good guys are weak in melee” is an old trope used in a lot of science fiction games, but its stupid. I can bash heads just fine.

the crew don’t pose any threat to antags as things stand. so there is no point in giving praise to those who win. they won. just like anyone could have guessed. that’s not fun. and its why I don’t antag. and why I play medical. because medical keeps me away from fighting (more than other jobs) and its a very neutral job. so I don’t have to care as much who someone is and just worry about getting whoever healed up.

to respond directly to this comment. I love space station 13. I hate the melee damage values. this is a great game that deserves better. how the station literally breaths is amazing, and I love all the work put into making science awesome. and how medical and eating works is fantastic.

hey jellico
have you considered:
A PULL REQUEST! YOU KNOW, THE THINGS PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY WANT A FEATURE ADDED/REMOVED OR SOMETHING CHANGED? WAAAAAW!

no, no one tells me a dam thing and people for some god forsaken reason think I’ve seen a forum before. fuck people you people suck. you good people are cool, I guess.

gonna tell me what that is or should I google ?

i just gave you a solution and a way to avoid drama and conflict and you’re saying

fuck people you people suck

buh
@MarkSuckerberg tell her what a PR is

I don’t know what in sam’s hell a pull request is.

I should have properly spaced the “I generally do not like the concept of people, based on my life experiences” part.

A pull request is a method of submitting contributions to an open development project. It is often the preferred way of submitting contributions to a project using a distributed version control system (DVCS) such as Git. A pull request occurs when a developer asks for changes committed to an external repository to be considered for inclusion in a project’s main repository.

When contributing to an open source project using a DVCS, you will have a copy or “clone” of the source code repository in your local development environment. Here, you can make your changes and commit them locally to create a revision history, allowing changes to be tracked and easily rolled back if required. Changes committed locally can then be submitted to the upstream project for inclusion in the next release.

Once the contributor is satisfied that their changes are worthy of consideration by the project maintainers, a pull request is raised.
The method for rasing a pull request may differ between projects, so be sure to check the projects documentation for details. However, projects using GitHub will often use GitHub’s own tools for handling pull requests. A common workflow for submitting a pull request with GitHub would look like this:

• Create/Log in to your GitHub account
  • Go to the page for the code respository you want to contribute to (the “upstream”)
  • “Fork” the repository (this creates a clone to your GitHub account)
  • Create a local clone of your fork with git clone
  • Create a local branch for your changes
  • Make your changes and commit them to your local branch with git commit, ensuring to include a descriptive commit message
  • Push the branch to your GitHub fork using git push
  • Go to the page for the upstream repository go to the pull requests tab
  • Click the “New Pull Request” Button
  • Select the branch you want to submit, and write a summary of what your change explaining what it is intended to do and how it is implemented

Other projects may handle pull requests outside of github, for example Moodle manages pull requests as tickets in its Jira bug tracker. However, you’ll always need to push your changes to a publically accessible repository for your code to be accessible by the project, so having an account on a site like GitHub or Bitbucket is a good idea.

Once a pull request has been submitted by a contributor, it is then the responsibility of the project maintainers to evaluate and, where appropriate, merge it into the upstream respository.

3 Likes

ty much MarkSuckerberg. this is very valuable information to me, however; the changes I am trying to make are too big for me to feel its right not to use the forums, where the public can spout venom at me. and I can point out things. anyway

kitchen knife, toolbox 15
welder, circular saw, surgical drill, hatchet, cleaver, susbox 18
combat knives 20
captain’s saber, fireaxe, chainsaw to 30 . or 25

go ahead now, spit that venom.

finding one single item that could be used as the “crewman’s shiv” has proven difficult. case in point the hatchet and cleaver almost demand to have higher damage than anything else. due to their unique place among the station tools. what I’m saying is that trying to raise damage on one item would cause another to try to say “that welder aint gonna do more than me, a hatchet. what are you thinking ?”

Keep ban appeals on topic please. This isn’t the place for your melee damage discussion to take place again.

-177013 no just BEGONE

https://thooloo.tk/babbypr.html make your pull request so people can vote on if they want the change or not then never bring the topic for discussion ever again

1 Like