JackTheLing’s Trilogy

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
JackTheLing, Thechoosingone, Freedreckless, TinyJoeLee

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): JackTheLing ( IC Rebel Trouble)

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):* EST. I squeeze in a bunch of rounds everyday. Exclusively LRP

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Only true LRP admin. I know the rules top to bottom.
How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
There are no LRP admins and I know specifically LRP rules.

How long have you been playing SS13?:

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
3 or 2 months.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
9.5 people usually only see my combat side but It’s only because I’ve done everything I had to in SS13. There is nothing really “new to me”. Everything that is possible in SS13 I’ve done atleast once. Minus defeating a gumball.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Yes, Hippie

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
TinyJoeLee, Thechoosingone, Freedreckless

Your strengths:
Can easily manage multiple tickets whilst keeping a leveled head

Your weaknesses:
I will not hesitate to ask for advice at 3:00 while everyone is sleep and is on DND

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Dictators

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Honesty. It goes a long way to be honest. I’ll be a honest admin.

What makes a staff team good?:
Coordination. While ranks do hold weight, it shouldn’t hold so much weight that it’s literally a, “I am literally immortal lol xd”

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To keep the game fun and lively for the majority. Something I learnt from Hippie Station and is a perfect rule of thumb

What kind of player are you?:
Funny and a combat junkie

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Eh, I’ve been an admin before so I already know the tools and how it works/feels so not much. If any changes occur I guess it would be a shift in my current views on Bee Station which isn’t bad to begin with anyways

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
After talking to the clown the inevitable action will be teleporting the HoS’s gun back to him or in his locker. Clown might eat a note
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I’ll ask him can I handle the player, If I get permission I will talk to the player and find out what he was thinking. The inevitable action will be a ban. Regardless of account time and note history, that is a no no. Ban time will obviously vary. At MINIMUM a 3 day ban will be handed out

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue. A week ago I accidentally blew a hole in science while experimenting with bombs. The admin ruled it as a IC issue. Because it was and I admin helped specifically telling him, “hey I am going to be experimenting with bombs, If I goof up I take full responsibility but please remember if I do it was an accident”

I’ve been cleaning up my act and have not been pissing off as many people as I used to. I know people hate the cliche “I’m a changed man” but I have been calming down lately. I’ve attempted to stay out of drama when I had nothing meaningful to contribute besides banter. Out of the 250+ hours I’ve put into bee station only 1 note which I am pretty sure is close to expiring has come out of it.

7 Likes

Mystery admin deleted all the comments :flushed:

Ok but seriously I just want to admin LRP. No one else wants to do it like its a chore, I have experience admining LRP servers. LRP is dying and I want a chance to give it an consistent admin. There is nothing else to it, I just want to help LRP and I am very serious. I am not trying to sell anyone on anything anymore like “if you admin me you wont regret it”. I legitly just want to help LRP

9 Likes

admin tyranny feelsbadman

Unironically +1
Knows the game, knows the rules and isn’t much of a shitter at the moment.
Maybe that will persist. Maybe not. Won’t know unless we try.

5 Likes

hmm. feel free to ignore these but the old admin in me is coming out. wanna ask a few questions since rue won’t. even know you’ll be a lrp min, you should answer both mrp and lrp. anyways.

alright. preround, ooc. bunch of people say they should conga line into the sm, with the clown leading. it’s not even 5 minutes in, and you see about 10 people walk into the SM including the CE, leading it to delam and explode. wat do?

round two. clown starts handing out AA, against wishes of HOP who gave it to him on purpose. in a pursuit of him, the HOP nonlethals him. in retaliation, the clown ends up force borging the HOP. this continues with another member of security, except this member of security gets forcibly ai’d and carded. what do?

i’ll write a third if I think of one. pretty easy ish questions.

1 Like

Here’s some scenarios, please tell me what (if any) rules have been broken:

• An assistant is walking past the library when they notice someone carving their skin up with a ritual dagger. The assistant then says, “Hey man could you convert me?” After that the cultist takes the dagger and murders said assistant. He takes the assistant’s body and hides it in a locker in maint.

• A chemist(non-antag) decides to rig himself with a dead-man’s switch’d grenade filled with meth. He finds someone that’s on fire, and charges directly for him catching himself on fire. He then finds the nearest crowd of people and goes into crit. The grenade explodes killing 3 people including him.

alright. preround, ooc. bunch of people say they should conga line into the sm, with the clown leading. it’s not even 5 minutes in, and you see about 10 people walk into the SM including the CE, leading it to delam and explode. wat do?

LRP: A direct rule infraction for metagaming. Depending on the notes and reasoning a ban or note will be applied for all parties. By “reasoning” I mean if per say, a player with under 50hs that involved says he had no idea it was a rule or wasn’t thinking smartly. Since RP is not a mandatory thing on LRP the bans if any were to be handed up would not be as severe to as if it was done on MRP

MRP: Metagaming and not proper roleplaying. I’ll have to be a little harsher since more is expected from MRP roleplaying wise.

round two. clown starts handing out AA, against wishes of HOP who gave it to him on purpose. in a pursuit of him, the HOP nonlethals him. in retaliation, the clown ends up force borging the HOP. this continues with another member of security, except this member of security gets forcibly ai’d and carded. what do?

LRP: HoP shouldn’t have handed out AA without a good reason. I’ll bwoink him and see if he has a reason but more than likely it is because he wanted to give clown AA as a meme. Depending on note history HoP will take a note or a short but long enough ban. I wont focus on clown giving out AA as a clowns job is to do stupid stuff BUT, that is not proper escalation with the HoP at all nor the security officer if similar events transpired. He’ll most likely eat a ban despite player history and reasoning. Of course, ban length will vary depending reasoning and note history
https://i.imgur.com/G1TLmeM.png

MRP: I may or may not be harsher on HoP since there should be higher standards set for a head of staff. Here is where it gets more serious for clown though. Clown created an AI obviously without Captain’s permission which is self-antag and subverting the chain of command so clown has to get a harsher punishment sadly.
https://i.imgur.com/JO3Gdau.png

1 Like

An assistant is walking past the library when they notice someone carving their skin up with a ritual dagger. The assistant then says, “Hey man could you convert me?” After that the cultist takes the dagger and murders said assistant. He takes the assistant’s body and hides it in a locker in maint.

This question is VERY similar to one of my open player reports and my only ban. Asking to be converted is self-antag. While cultist shouldn’t murder potential conversion candidates I would let him off the hook because he probably didn’t want to be a part of the rule breaking and he did the right thing. But the assistant had not been converted so if he is not an extreme shittler he wont eat a ban. I will bwoink him and make it VERY CLEAR that it is not ok to attempt to purposely be converted. Then I will give him a secret note (do you guys have that over here? They had that at hippie). Warning other admins to take into account that he has been told that it is strictly against the rules if another situation like that was to happen again

This applies to both LRP and MRP
https://i.imgur.com/h5jh1yb.png

A chemist(non-antag) decides to rig himself with a dead-man’s switch’d grenade filled with meth. He finds someone that’s on fire, and charges directly for him catching himself on fire. He then finds the nearest crowd of people and goes into crit. The grenade explodes killing 3 people including him.

LRP: If this was purposely done this is balant griefing. Depending on account time If it was a 0 hour account I would probably permaban him since a newbie wouldn’t know how to make a meth grenade nor would they purposely run into a crowd and blow them all up. If it was a “regular” account I would bwoink them for their reasoning. Proper punishment will be handed out since according to you he purposely did it

MRP: Making a dead-mans switch without reason and sometimes even with reason is power-gaming which is strictly not allowed under MRP rules. Since you specified they made it on purpose and bombed a crowd on purpose they will eat a harsh ban

1 Like

I’m actually going to go with a +1. While initially applying with almost no playtime was kinda cringe, you’ve taken the time to gather feedback and improve. Answers are all pretty good, you have previous admin experience and as of lately you’ve shown you have a good grasp of LRP rules.

2 Likes

I read it quite a few times and I’d love to slap a +1.

I think it’s +3 now.

Two things I have to say

• While I plan on primarily admiring LRP I do know MRP rules.

• I got my first other note today from @Ravellon I am now up to 2 notes and I can feel my innocence creeping away

As a changeling today I killed all of security and a person robbing armory. While doing this I attempted to kill an engineer who ratted me out on common for killing all of security and was attempting to arm up in armory to attack me. I ended up critting him and two others who tried to save him. While doing this I ended up missing my chance for SN because it exploded and the admin noted it for me. Even though I know my intentions were not to murderbone but I can understand why he saw it as murderboning

Pretty minor thing I just wanted to explain it

1 Like

That’s totally valid though. You had reason for all those kills.

Eh, I put a kill over my SM objective I can see why he did it

Basically it weighted on whether he would stop chasing the engi that saw him killing sec in brig and go do his objectives or continue to chase him leaving objectives for later.

This wasn’t full on murderbone. More like a series of justifications for more murder that started off strong but got flimsier towards the end.

1 Like

+1, the way you have in which you are able to defend your questions with a high amount of evidence, and wanting to dedicate their time to LRP and caring about the players in the LRP servers.That is pretty admirable. Despite some notes, you got a good shot. T: +4

2 Likes

As someone that hated JackTheLing to a extent went to respecting him and even acknowledging him as a proper friend of mine. Not that he metafriends me and he still is a b*tch as cap ingame and cucks me just as hard.

He actually went from a very “disliked” player to a somewhat better. Completely overshadowed by Eliza partly that along with him getting along with others. I would love to see this individual as a admin after so far.

i’m proud to call him based
+1 if i could

1 Like

Yeah. I managed to salvage positive opinions cause I stopped most of the shit I was doing. Eliza also helped by making people realize I actually wasn’t that bad.

Save lrp before i bombard mrp

You genuinely seem like a much better pick than the other guy running now, I forget his name

Just cuz a shitter talk good dont mean he aint a shitter