Ive seen this responded to in diferent ways, what is the definitive perspective on racism in low rp

I… What? You can be racist without saying N igger or such. You can be anti semetic without saying a slur. What? I know the word jew isint a slur, My problem is not that people were saying slurs, and i never said i had a problem with Adolf Himmler saying the word jew. Thats no where in my messages.

I understand. I enforce community rules, I don’t decide them. Slurs are where we have decided to draw the line for whatever reason.

If we were to ban all racism this server and community would burn to the ground. When the ban on slurs and filter were first put up, the place splintered already. We lost admins, internal fights happened, DDOSs occured, and a lot of people still have genuine salt to this day over it.

1 Like

As I said back in my first post, racism is allowed, unless it crosses an extreme or harassing line. That line has been drawn over time by the community and has a bit of grey space since it isn’t hard defined.

Can confirm, I was there when the filter was implemented and the use of slurs went up by about 300%. Trying to prohibit things can lead to the opposite of the desired effect.

Was anything loss* when actual racists were kicked out? you managed to purge racists and bigots and you let them back? That literally reveals that we have ACTUAL racistist and its not memes. People dont quite because a single meme is no longer allowed to be posted, people dont DDOS because things that dont effect them happen.

Who said that the filter purged the racists? To my knowledge not one permaban was handed out and server population didn’t take a major fall until a few weeks later, when the DDOSing happened. Only like, 3 people actually left because of the filter and maybe one rejoined after the rule change.

Edit: You’d be surprised how angry people get over petty shit like a single meme.

Yes a lot was lost. This is a problem that runs deep in politics, especially in the US at the moment. Racism is bad, restricting speech is also bad. People are not 100% good or bad. We’re all on a spectrum when. It comes to different topics.

Just because the community and individuals laugh at racist shit, say racist shit, or support having that speech not overly restricted, does not make them worthless. Thinking and saying that was a mistake when the filter and word ban happened.

So why was it lifted??? None of this makes sense, they managed to purge 3 rasists and then they took them back?

When did I say the community was racist? I dont think i even implied it. I said there are unironic racists and bigots here and that they will be the downfall of the server because theyll bring more.

I don’t belive im right, each and every year that ive lived has taught me that attempting to reduce racism is right, and that losing 3 people is worth keeping a community better, also Im no longer allowed to post today for some reason so oops.

“Because most of the LRP population didn’t like the change and the filter was a piece of shit anyway, it never worked on deadchat. I’ve heard the reason they even added the filter was to comply with discord’s TOS and the new system can create some interesting situations while deterring real racists.”
Then moderate the chat.

“I was thinking that you thought all the people who left because of the filter were racist.” I assume if you leave a community thats attempting to ban bigots because theyre attempting to bad bigots, then your a bigot. That is what i meant.

@Kasual
I agree that the line is fragile. Gas the jews is NOT on the safe side of that line, killing players over it is NOT on the safe side of that line, N igger is over the line when used outside of its intended use in a historical or political usage to describe a problem. These are all very clear in my mind, I cant see how you would accidentally do such a thing and not wanting to actively take the life of another human is NOT the minimum standard of decency expected in any decent community. Not Being a literal murderous sociopath is NOT a minimum standard of conduct.

The thing is I agree that a gradual change may be necessary, but changing to ALLOW more racist activity is not the type of change this server needs.

@Extrapancake You have the reading comprehension of a trout, The problem is that if your idea of fun is racist remarks and role playing as hitler, you are either bigoted or are allowing a safe enviroment for bigots*. Im aware that several people find taunting people like me fun but i am not mad at that, i pity those, not hate them. If their lives are so devoid of reason that they would attempt to get a man who seeks that their communities not fall to racism to be mad at them, then maybe my interaction with them staves off the dark of despair another moment as they own the libtard. I say what I say out of love of the spess game, which i have played since 2013 and which I feel a desire to keep as a decent community, not a need to suppress those who i disagree with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

@LastCrusader105
Still more failure to read, look at rest of the thread, at ya know, the things, ive written
Also the people here arent 6 year olds ripping the grossest fart and that actually have SOME sense of humur and understanding of actual jokes and comedy. If it was at the same rate as other jokes i would understand but its constant, way way more than actual jokes.

Also yall have a comedic understanding of racists, there isint actual people (beyond a un important miniscule fringe) who would do things like want to kill people or remove the non pure from the server and even if those types were here it would be a statistical anomoly and not nessisarily representative of a greater problem as long as they were swiftly banned. Bigotry isint some black and white force where its either hitler or SJW, it grows and creeps and even at its worst it will reject and hate outsiders without physically harming them. its just not healthy for any community and the purpose of admins is to maintain the health of the community by explelling the filth which may curroupt it and make it bad for long term survival. The worst that can come of my frame of view is overly strict rules, the worst that can come of racism and bigotry is the cesspit and staple of depression and hatred known as 4chan’s non game (and even those to a major extent) forums. As a pass holding libtard I think its clear which is worse.

@Ruko Its beutiful, thank you for gracing me with the boon of my years of ranting in forums. I have been blessed by god and this thread shows their will manifest.

@LastCrusader105
You see, if you werent jokeing it would be very obvious that you were baiting or whatever. Thats literally some tame ass shit. the first joke didnt have a drop of comedy and the second got a giggle, but yeah overall, race and ethnicity jokes are up there with LE EPIC SPORK SO RANDOM, a strong 3/10, humor can be found if you throw out enough, but ulitmatly lazy.

@Piterskiy Yall can do something or do nothing or something inbetween,
ultimatly nothing really changes outside of spess men game
GG goodnight.

Personally I would love if there was 0 racist shit on the server. Forcing that on a community that is faithful to a server overnight because I believe I am right is equally bad

Because most of the LRP population didn’t like the change and the filter was a piece of shit anyway, it never worked on deadchat. I’ve heard the only reason they even added the filter was to comply with discord’s TOS and the new system can create some interesting situations while deterring real racists.

I was thinking that you thought all the people who left because of the filter were racist.

Oh no. A lot of people left left because of the fact it was restricting speech and problems with implementation. A lot of people left of their own accord over it, a lot of non-racist people. A spite server was made, and it is not a breeding ground for racism from what I understand.

Also the way to reduce racism, which should actually happen, is not to socially exile people who don’t fit your morals. Where does that line stop? There is obviously real bad shit that shouldn’t be tolerated, but the more you move that line inwards and write off people below your curve, the stronger the back lash. Look at current politics and the huge back swing from political correctness.

If we had lost 3 people who truly wanted to kill people different then themselves, then fuck em. A small group of people chosing to force values on a whole community quickly will never work though and isn’t right. You need transformative incremental nudges. And you need to not write off people too quickly.

Unless they boh bomb the emergency shuttle. They can get permabanned. This conversation is best left for the discord #political-shit channel though. I’m out

1 Like

It’s just a game, people just want to relax and have fun not deal with whatever real world issue. Id bet you anything the people you are complaining about are doing those jokes precisely because it annoys people like you taking everything so seriously in a game with wizards and clowns in space.

To respond to your edit, all I’m saying is a real bigot would be here in the forums trying to get non aryans removed from the server, not making jokes. By taking this sort of thing seriously you are only ruining your own fun. I get you disagree with that and think there are actual nazis around every corner trying to reinstate slavery but I guarantee you if it were the case people would be poking fun at them instead in order to piss them off for taking things too seriously. I can’t read minds obviously but that’s just how it looks to me.

Art often imitates real life and when your tryna find a fun gimmick, you look to history

Is bee actually racist? Do people believe blacks steal shit
Or Jews are greedy? I can’t say, can it be amusing to play on the stereotypes for jokes, sometimes yes

Thats pretty much it, far as I can see
People taking banter and trying to be the most shocking
Actual racism and anti Semitic views I’ve yet to see

ahem
I’ve got an example of actual sexism for what it’s worth.

Oh they’ve just been updating that one post. Odd

Um first of all I think jokes would definitely be a sign of someone who supports genocide. Also I don’t think u understand how much easier it makes it for legitimate racists to thrive in a environment where racist “jokes” (quotation marks bc it’s not really a joke to say that u hate black ppl) are ok.

It might seem funny to say a bunch of bullshit bc a a lot of people are doing it with you, but it’s not. if ur attempts to be funny only consists of racist comments, Ur prolly lazy, racist, or untalented and insecure

I mean, you can take things how you want man but I’d wager anything that no one on bee is interested in genocide.

yep i agree no one wants to commit genocide. it just occurs and after it’s over ppl ask themselves “how did this happen?”

I know I said I was done but it is hard to stay away. You are equating actions and words in a game to a person’s actual actions. This game is filled with murder and death. Most of it set up to be a punch line. People are burned, electrocuted, spaced, gibbed, cooked, etc. every round. None of those things phase you, but adding racism as an obvious joke is where it is a problem?

The clown and mime were not called Jews based on the person behind the screen, or literally any reason. Why does using racism make the player evil, but them murdering a station of workers with guns with an intent to set off a bomb fine?

It’s a game to laugh at and enjoy, and a pretty violent and mature game at that. You have this clear image in your mind that what happened is abhorrent, but you don’t realize that it is is arbitrary and rooted in a personal/sociatal moral compass. Our server has a very wide range of nationalities, backgrounds, and personalities. Thinking that your interpretation of what is right and wrong should be accepted over what a community that is not harming anyone wants is a close minded ego trip.