Isy232's 3138 Word Self Reflection Essay About Being In Power

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

• Isy232
  • No Alts

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

• Isy#8939
  • No Alts

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):

• EST, but I play when I am awake and do not have any work to do so it could be 2:00 AM, like when I am originally drafting this, or peak hours.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

• Perhaps trying to establish intent more. If a player is clearly trying to harm others experiences I think they should get long punishments, but if they are trying to follow the rules and mess up some complex rules then I think punishments can be shortened significantly. People make mistakes and long bans may not always be necessary.

• However, if they then break this trust and break the same rule again they should not be let off easy again.

• Recognizing that people who play in critical roles often have to deal with a lot more situations where they have to make big decisions which can get them noted if they mess up. I’m not advocating to lessen punishments based on this, just when looking at someone’s history to take this into consideration. If you main captain you are more likely to have more notes than someone who mains R&D because you will be put into a lot more difficult situations as long as both players are trying to follow the rules.

• I would hope some other staff would put more effort into their tickets but this is being done for free so its hard to judge too much. I think I may have gone after some other staff in previous things a bit too much before considering this.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:

• Since there is a large lack of admins and I notice some of my tickets taking a long time to get a response or never getting one until after the round is over, causing a long delay.

• I was also somewhat inspired by a recent nations even run by Cae which I think I had a lot more fun in than I’ve had in a single round for a while. If I can help run events like that and make it possible to do them more often that would be nice.

How long have you been playing SS13?:

• Since December 2019. (IIRC, I shouldn’t be far off though).

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

• Living 299h (100%)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

• Between all SS13 severs I estimate I have 1200 hours. I would say 9. There are some jobs and mechanics I have not touched because they seem plain boring to me, but those are few.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

• SS13?, 4, I know the basics of admin tools for testing PR’s but I’ve never touched the ban panel.

• As an admin in general, maybe 8.5. I’ve done quite a lot of hosting on different games, including Barotrauama. Barotrauma is an SS13 clone and the game is extremely similar to NSV.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

• I’ve hosted both an Unturned arena server and a Barotrauama server. I have also been on the receiving end of adminning a decent amount here.

• The Unturned server was the first I’ve ever hosted publicly, I made it because there was next to no arena servers in the game and I knew port-forwarding so it didn’t cost me anything. It quickly filled up, not because it was good but because there was a large lack of servers. I promoted a bunch of people to admin who I probably shouldn’t have, didn’t demote them even though they constantly abused their powers. I started getting more bored of the game and wanting to win more so eventually I started abusing. People even knew I was abusing because sometimes I would mess up the commands, such as instead of “/i 15 1” I would do “i 15 1” and everyone would know. Then more servers were made and everyone left my shithole of a server.

• Then I just felt like shit, I’d fucked up and everyone left. That was 3 years ago and I was 15 and quite immature, I never knew how intoxicating the feeling of power can be. I’d like to think I learned from this and have matured somewhat.

• The Barotrauma server was when the game was still in its free public beta. The server was “Drowning Simulator”. I learned from my previous mistakes and set the main goal to make the server fun to play on, not just my personal playground where I get to act as god. There were other servers to compete with, however most had no active admins and there were some griefers who could easily ruin the game. The game was going through Crikent tide, think Ssethtide but smaller, which I was part of. I banned griefers, promoted some people to admin, some abused their powers a little. I demoted a few who went really overboard and were clearly just abusing. In trying to make it fun I did a few events at first, such as spawning monsters and putting players in control of them. People seemed to enjoy it. Eventually I got bored and so did a bunch of other people, some events got a bit out of hand and likely were only fun for myself, the one watching everyone die to monsters. However, by then most people had burned out and just wanted to see something new, which I was trying to do. Anyways, eventually I retired and passed the discord server on to another. It still exists, it is just rather dead.

• I think this server went decently well. For the most part the was very little admin abuse and most of it was caused my me being too reluctant to deal with admins who were abusing their powers (thankfully not part of the position I hope to occupy). That game has a lot less to do than SS13 and I had played it for 2 months straight. I do remember messing up a few times though. My biggest one is when someone who was banned for griefing was trying to message me and ask for an unban because “Everyone else was doing it too”. They were constantly messaging me with broken grammar and I was in a horrid mood that day so I took it out on them and permabanned them from everything. I still feel bad about that one now. This was back in the summer of 2018 (IIRC). At that point I had never really been on the receiving end of any adminning, so I really didn’t know what it was like to be on the other end. I sometimes think back to that and realize I was quite the ass.

• I’m going to include this because I think its relevant. In my time on SS13 I have been on the other end of a fair amount of tickets (most not on bee). Some I think have been handled well, the admin and me both agreeing that either I fucked up and should serve some punishment or that what I did was actually alright, maybe a bit borderline and to stay away from the edge more. Other times communication has broken down, questions go unanswered, bans get applied without any agreement or understanding and appeals get written. Some times appeals get accepted, other times rejected and I think “If they could have just explained that in the ingame ticket it would have saved a lot of time”. Then sometimes I still disagree with the bans, whatever, admins are trying to make the sever fun and sometimes not everyone agrees. What I want to try to do is to take the time to handle situations where hopefully I can agree with the other person on the other end of the ticket or at least develop an understanding. This will likely not always be possible, but I think I should at least try.

• Also, In the last year I have also been in another game where I have been in a position of power. In the game Arma 3 (Semi-Realistic Military FPS) I have been playing a lot of Zues. Zues is a gamemode where 1 person creates a mission live while other play it. Its like Dungeons and Dragons in an FPS game. I’ve been the “Zues” quite a few times and I actually enjoy making missions that people say are fun. Its decently fun to control units and fight the players, but I make sure to keep it in check to not obliterate them and ruin the fun. The Zues is often not responsible for the adminning, but I would like to think I have a decent understanding of how to make things more fun by using god powers. I honestly feel great when players say they enjoyed the mission. I hope some of this knowledge can be applicable to running events in SS13.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

• None

Your strengths:

• I’ve done stuff like this before and I know where I messed up. I think I’ve learned quite a lot from self-reflection and feedback from others from my previous times.

• I know I actually enjoy having others enjoy what I have created or help make.

• I’ve pretty much grown up with the internet and I’ve been in lots of communities where toxicity has been permitted. I’d think I am pretty good at not caring if someone decides to call me a bunch of bad stuffs.

• Since I have joined I have read almost every single ban under the bans page, its good advice.

Your weaknesses:

• Sometimes I go too far in an IC fight. Usually I realize and do my best to get them revived if dead.

• I think my common sense is out of whack. I never seem to agree on common sense with people.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

• Being forced to take crap from people. If someone breaks into my workplace and starts getting in the way I will wish to put them through glass tables until their skull cracks open. If you shove me and take my insulated gloves or another important item, I will want my revenge. I mostly just tell security and help them catch the perp or put them through 1 or 2 tables. I’d like to think I don’t go too far most of the time and if I do I try to make it right by healing or reviving the person(s) affected.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

• Good intentions and effort. (I know its 2, I just think they are both very important).

What makes a staff team good?:

• Putting in effort to make the server fun.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

• To make the game fun.

What kind of player are you?:

• I’ll admit, I’ve somewhat burned out of the normal doing your job bit of SS13. I spend a fair amount of time looking for new mechanics I have not yet mastered or trying to find a new fun gimmick. Most recently I’ve been larping as a wizard and preparing spells. (I’m pretty good at it, security has lynched me once and dissected me for implants another time).

• I mostly play chemistry now, you get to play with explosives and heal people. It also has many thing useful for gimmicks.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

• I really do not know the answer to this. I think I’ve changed for the better from my previous experiences as a person in power, however both of those times I have been the host. The server was running on my machine and I was god. I have no idea how I will change if I get accepted as an admin, but I hope it will be like the previous ones with a lot less fuck ups but lots of learning.

Note: In these situations I am assuming the server is MRP unless stated.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

• Firstly, it depends on the context and reason. Was the HoS running around with it out on a greenshift? Was the HoS busy engaging in combat with a gang of cultists? Depending on the situation a lot can change. To get context I would ask the HoS player (who I assumed ahelped) what the situation was when the clown stole his gun. Then I would ask the clown player the same. If the stories align, there is our context. If not, time for the logs which I hope would log this sort of thing. If one of the players was clearly lying and not just misinformed I would make sure to include that as a note on their account or in a note if I make one later.

• Secondly, action. If the clown was not an antagonist but assisted some antagonists, it would depend on how clear the antagonists were. If they were a cult with halos, I’d think to note the clown, this is not good behavior. If the HoS was rumored to be abusive and was fighting a traitor who had not revealed themselves at all or who was actually being a good person and maybe assisted the clown with something I wouldn’t punish the clown. If it was a greenshift and the HoS was running around like an idiot with it out I would call the whole thing IC, the clown can expect a beating for it but it does not need OOC intervention at this time.

• If it was LRP, I’d think this would be okay to do at any time and make the clown valid.

• Thirdly, check for objectives. If it is a traitors objective I would replace the gun in the locker and delete the one in space.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

• Firstly, if it is abundantly clear that there is no valid reason whatsoever to be releasing plasma I would teleport them into an admin prison or force them to ghost or something so they cannot deal anymore damage. This would only be if it is a clear and obvious case of grief.

• Secondly, establish context and reason. I assume in this situation I would see the person doing it instead of responding to an ahelp. I would ask the person why they were releasing plasma throughout the station. I would make sure to take a look around as a ghost, but also keep in mind that their perspective is flawed as they cannot see everything. Perhaps they could have also never played SS13 before and only stumbled upon a video that was a guide on plasmaflooding. I would make sure to ask for the video link if so, if they don’t have it, I assume they are lying on this claim as there is no way they memorized the video’s contents and then cleared it from their browser history.

• Thirdly, action, if they can provide proof that they had no idea what they were doing I’d think to warn them and job ban from atmos and CE for a week, but likely ask another staff member for their opinion. If the cult had converted 90% of the station and was literally summoning Nar Nar, I’d think it would be acceptable but I’d also want to ask another staff member for their opinion. If it was a greenshift and grief, perma until appeal but I would definitely want another staff members opinion here.

• I don’t think my actions would change between MRP and LRP.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

• I’ve done this one before as a chemist…

• Firstly, if they are a non-antagonist I would seal the breach if it exposed any room other than chemistry to space.

• Secondly, I would check the chemists notes, if they had done this thing maybe twice in the last week I would make sure to remember that.

• Thirdly, I would bwoink the chemist, asking them if they understood what they did. If not I will try to help them understand what made them explode so they do not do it again. I will then apply a note to them just mentioning that they accidentally blew up chemistry. If they have done it a lot recently, I would consider job banning for a single day or a few hours.

• Finally, if the explosion killed anyone else besides the person who mixed it I would see if they are being revived. If they are actively being revived by a doctor I would leave it. However if they were not being revived due to medical incompetence or a lack of doctors I would offer to heal them, provided the accidental explosion was the reason they died and they did not get pushed into the breach by a traitor or something.

Ending Notes:

• I cannot guarantee I will be great admin material, knowing my own history, but I’d like to think I’ve learned enough to be decent and I do want to try to make the game more fun.

• I do have some notes, however those are mostly from misunderstandings of the rules and the most recent was a month ago. I’ve always tried to follow the rules, but rules are hard. If you want proof of this I’ve appealed every ban I didn’t understand and asked questions until I am sure I fully understand things and will not make that mistake again.

• I think intent matters the most in an action. If it is clear someone is actively trying to ruin the experience for others they should be punished greatly, if it is clear they fucked up when trying to follow the rules I think a note would work in most situations.

• I got an odd pleasure writing this and thinking critically about my past experiences with positions of power, it is weird. Even if this does not get accepted I still found it interesting to do this.

Well written application but there are some things that concers me, i will go with +0 for now and wait for others to put some input and questions in.

why do so many people insist on intervening in an IC situation (chemist accidentally jihading himself)?

1 Like

With fastmos it could theoretically depressurize all of medbay, in most cases I think just sealing the breach would suffice, maybe bwoink them.

Theoretically someone could grief by blowing themselves up in chemistry continuously with large explosive mixtures and random names and if everyone decided to just let it happen the person could keep doing it. Once or twice, maybe even 3 or 4 times over a week or two isn’t much of an issue but if there are no notes they could do this many more times and nobody would ever do anything about it.

Also, its possible to take out a lot more than chemistry, which is more what I am thinking about. If its potassium and water only taking out the tile the chem machine is on and those surrounding it, it is not much of an issue and I likely wouldn’t take any action. If you mess up with nitroglycerin, meth or black powder though, I think I should as you likely have destroyed some more than just chemistry.

Shoulda explained more in the original post.

you don’t just make nitroglycering or black powder on accident and blow yourself up…

More meth, I’ve done that. Black powder is possible if you do not watch the temperature when making it.

If you alt click a chem heater to remove a beaker from it, it does not turn itself off. If you then insert your cook beaker and it was set to a high temperature, you will heat that chem past an explosive temperature if you’re not careful.

Meh.
IMO, IC stuff should stay IC. Fixing it with admeme powers is escalating it OOC.

Yeah, I think in the first mention of the situation I made it sound like I was too willing to make it OOC. I would really only need to intervene when someone messes up with meth, pretty much nuking chemistry.

Your first connection was July 20th 2019

The application has effort that goes above and beyond most, including a history of running other games (Unturned was the second game I ever ran for others, so I know the pain of finding admins that don’t abuse their power) and a reflective history of growth.

You have the right idea and I’ll return with some questions at some point if someone doesn’t beat me to it, but I’ll start you off with a +0.5, more or less pending answers.

T: 0.5

Let’s try us some more questions now, and see if those don’t get more admins to give you some votes.

1) Someone is dropping wheat all over the station that slips and lethally injects players that step on it. The station has two botanists and neither of them are willing to own up to making or spreading the wheat. Game logs don’t show anyone throwing wheat, but you have a couple of players reporting the same botanist as dropping it around.
How do you proceed?

2) MRP - You receive an ahelp from a traitor that they were just RDM’d by an Assistant. The Assistant that killed them claims they saw the player on their PDA and shoved them over to take it, and then killed them when they saw it was a traitor uplink because that makes them valid. How do you handle both tickets?

3) You get an ahelp about a player murderboning and decide to admin ghost out of your body while you investigate. You pull up their player panel, see they aren’t an antag and decide to see how many people they have attacked. When you open the attack logs, you see they’ve just put your character into crit and you know you haven’t done anything to provoke before. How do you proceed?

You gave me a complicated one…

1) Someone is dropping wheat all over the station that slips and lethally injects players that step on it. The station has two botanists and neither of them are willing to own up to making or spreading the wheat. Game logs don’t show anyone throwing wheat, but you have a couple of players reporting the same botanist as dropping it around.
How do you proceed?

Firstly, I would aghost or if already dead I would move my ghost to look at the botanists. I would do this before bwoinking to try and catch them in the act.

While doing this, I would talk to the players who ahelped about the wheat and ask them what I can. If multiple people are completely sure they saw the same person dropping the wheat then I think I would have the person who likely was responsible.

Then, check if either botanist is an antagonist.

If they are one, bwoink them and ask about the wheat. I would assume an antagonist would have no reason to lie and I would be able to ask them for truth. If not I would try to figure out the truth using the strategies mentioned later.

If LRP I would make sure they have completed half of their objectives or for both servers if they had a hijack objective. If neither of the previous 2 circumstances then I would make sure that the wheat they dropped was done for the purposes of an objective.

An example: they were stealing from the vault and dropped some wheat around their flanks.

As long as their use is reasonable I’d consider them innocent.

If they were excessive in their use, such as when breaking into vault dropping it in the main hallway on a map like metastation, I’d think of a light punishment such as a 1-3 day ban from antagonists and maybe a few hours of server ban.

If they were excessively excessive, as in covering all the main hallways in the station with it even though they are nowhere near the vault, I’d think a server ban for 3-7 days and an antagonist and botany ban for 1-2 weeks.

Some special consideration would have to be taken for delta and other maps where the vault is connected to a part of the main hallway. In this case I would expect some amount bystanders to be killed. As long as they do not mess with the cloning of those bystanders I think it would be fine.

If they are not an antagonist, I would make sure to at least wait 5 minutes before bwoinking them, watching both botanists but mostly the one I was told has been doing it. After 5 minutes or more if I have a reason to believe they will soon drop more wheat I will bwoink the one I was told was doing it first.

Specifically I would say “Why are you dropping deadly wheat around the station”. Even if I lack proof, if I can get them to defend themselves here I can have my proof that they were the one doing it.

If I can get an admission I’ll ask them why they did it.

If there was a cult with halos and they dropped the wheat in maintenance around the cult’s base or areas of large cult activity I would think it would be acceptable as long as it was reasonable.

Doing something like dropping some over medbay because they saw a single cultist in there would not be reasonable. If they had a reason, just went too far I would consider light punishment. 0-24 hours of server ban and 1-3 days of a ban from botany.

If they had a reason but went really too far, like completely covering medbay in wheat for just seeing a single cultist there I would consider some heavier punishment. 3-7 days of server ban, depending on destruction and 1-2 weeks of botany ban.

If they had no good reason at all, I would think 1 week to a month or maybe even perma until appeal. Mostly depending on previous notes. Also, maybe just a short ban if they are extremely new, botany being their first job and them not having even made the wheat themselves or having accidentally made it lethal.

If they instead claim that they did not drop the wheat I would bwoink the second botanist and ask the same. If I got an admission I would go back to the previous step. If I did not I would go back to the first player.

I would ask them if they had any proof that they were not the one dropping the wheat. Maybe the chef can confirm they were in botany while the wheat was supposedly being dropped.

If the wheat was being grown in botany I would make sure to ask them about it, such as how much they grew and what they did with it when it was grown. I would make sure to look for issues with their story, especially using what I was told by the players who ahelped. If I find any discrepancies that they cannot explain I would presume them to be guilty.

I would also ask the botanists about the other botanist to see if I can get some evidence from that. Especially if some conversations between the two acknowledging the wheat occurred which I hope would be logged and would be good for looking for discrepancies to see if either is lying.

If guilty, I would ban them based on the destruction caused as well as increase it for lying in the ahelp. I would think 2 weeks at least, maybe a perma until appeal if they have some similar notes. I would also make sure to add into the wording of the ban that they did lie about this.

However, if their story checks out, I’ve watched them for 5 minutes or more without them dropping any more wheat and the logs show no evidence of it I would have to assume they were innocent.

I would then do what I can to check the players who ahelped. If I can think of one, maybe ask them questions with information that the other gave me to see if they may be metacomming. However I doubt I could do much to prove this unless those who ahelped make a big slip up. In this case I would think they may just be misremembering.

Perhaps the player did do all of this but still somehow got their story all straight and didn’t get logged for anything. I doubt this would happen as I hope most actions will be logged and they wouldn’t be able to explain everything. However, at this point I think it is more likely that they are innocent.

Other 2 answers are coming soonish.

Right, now the simpler ones.

2) MRP - You receive an ahelp from a traitor that they were just RDM’d by an Assistant. The Assistant that killed them claims they saw the player on their PDA and shoved them over to take it, and then killed them when they saw it was a traitor uplink because that makes them valid. How do you handle both tickets?

I would first look for how the assistant killed the traitor, more specifically the weapon.

If they had something like a spear and there was no major threat to them I would think this would be powergaming and worthy of punishment. I would look at their previous notes. I would say 1 day MRP ban + 1 day for each previous powergaming note.

If it was just their fists or some common tools, I wouldn’t call this powergaming.

If it was not powergaming I do not think they broke any rules here. Shoving someone over for something usually unimportant is theft but not breaking OOC rules I would think. I think they could justify this as either their character being an asshole or somewhat paranoid. There is the alert message at the start of most shifts and knowledge and I would think knowledge of the syndicate should be somewhat common.

Killing a confirmed traitor makes sense too, especially now that you have just shown them you know their identity and they likely want to kill you now.

This is more of a dumb idea by the traitor player to use their uplink with others nearby.

3) You get an ahelp about a player murderboning and decide to admin ghost out of your body while you investigate. You pull up their player panel, see they aren’t an antag and decide to see how many people they have attacked. When you open the attack logs, you see they’ve just put your character into crit and you know you haven’t done anything to provoke before. How do you proceed?

First, if there was another admin currently on the server, I would just not take the ticket and let them handle it, maybe ahelp myself.

If no other admins are on the server, I would see how much damage they were causing and if they were actively killing people. If they were still actively killing people for seemingly no reason I would then bwoink them and ask them for their reasoning. If they can provide some somewhat understandable reasoning I would back off the case and call another admin over to deal with it. If they cannot I would force ghost them or some other thing to prevent them from continuing to kill if possible. I would then call another admin.

I would ping other active admins on discord to come and handle the case if they could. I think it would be very likely that I could get someone else to deal with the issue.

However if I could not get anyone to for a large amount of time I think it would handle the case myself. They did kill me but they did it when I was SSD and as long as I had not interacted with this player significantly before this I think I can make an unbiased judgement.

If they had given a reason, such as it being gangs and a gang controlling most of engineering. They, a security man, decided to try to fight the gang and got shot at. They then shot back and killed most of the gang. I could see a few reasons for what looks to be a non antag murderboning. If they killed 1 or 2 people not in a gang but resisting arrest or hanging out with the gang members I would also think that this is justifiable considering the situation. In this case I could have been Aghosted next to a bunch of gang members. I would think they are innocent in a situation like this.

If their reason was poor, like they thought medbay was full of cultists but they only checked 1 or 2 doctors who had red eyes and then decided to shoot up all of medbay, killing many innocent people who were not a part of or cooperating with the cult. In this case I would think to server ban them for 3-7 days and ban them from security and command for double that.

If they had no reason or a bad reason, like for the fun of it, I would think to ban them for a while. I would think 2 weeks to perma until appeal.

1 Like

A little update, since posting this I have gotten my playtime to 354 hours, increased by 55.

Not even gonna lie, I forgot to come back to this after seeing the replies.

Question 1 was supposed to be tricky and you never answered the scenario I was looking for. What do you do if you get no admission or proof of guilt from either.

Your answer is good, but it skirts around the situation I was trying to raise.

Question 2 The answer is somewhat shaky to me, but was supposed to be a murky situation as well.
Assistant shouldn’t be rushing in to deal with a suspected antagonist on their own, especially when their suspicions are based solely on someone using their PDA.

As a non-security & non-command crewmember, you’re not an experienced soldier. Do not rush into danger without reason.

Valid-hunting isn’t allowed on MRP and with the assistant being so straightforward with their reasoning it’s hard to call what they did anything but.
In any case it’s not worth more than a slap on the wrist unless this has been an ongoing problem for them

Question 3 - You recognize that you shouldn’t handle tickets involving yourself, and then slap a big “but” in there and stop them from terrorizing the server anyway. This is technically the wrong answer but it shows good intentions in any case.

At the end of the day, it shouldn’t be handled by you at all and you should post a player report. Opting to prevent them from totally destroying the round for everyone is fine, but handling the ticket anyway when others are unavailable come is not.

I’m sticking with +/-0 for the moment pending another response from you.

Question 1 was supposed to be tricky and you never answered the scenario I was looking for. What do you do if you get no admission or proof of guilt from either.

Your answer is good, but it skirts around the situation I was trying to raise.

Ah, sorry about that, I was trying to explain the strategies I would use to find the truth and I guess I never said what I would do in the case I was completely unable to find it. If I had done all of the digging I could in this situation and was still unable to find proof of guilt I wouldn’t punish the player. If neither player admits and there are no unexplained holes in their story of what they did when the wheat was supposedly being dropped I wouldn’t punish the player.

I don’t think I should ban anyone without overwhelming evidence to think they are guilty. A couple people calling someone guilty is strong evidence but not enough alone to be overwhelming.

Question 2 The answer is somewhat shaky to me, but was supposed to be a murky situation as well.
Assistant shouldn’t be rushing in to deal with a suspected antagonist on their own, especially when their suspicions are based solely on someone using their PDA.

I guess I was mostly wrong here.

I now think the player shouldn’t have shoved the traitor for their PDA. It is minor valid hunting to then shove the player for the purposes of finding out if it is an uplink or not. Then it is massive valid hunting to then kill the traitor after it was confirmed to be an uplink.

What the assistant player should have done if they wanted to help was to send a PDA message to the HoS informing them that this person was doing suspicious things with their PDA. I think this would be fine considering that the station is on blue alert.

If the assistant shoved the traitor, took their PDA and then tried to run away to tell security but the traitor attacked them and prevented them from escaping, only for the assistant to then kill the traitor, I would think this would only be minor validhunting. In this case I would think that the assistant player should receive a warning against valid hunting and be told that it is not allowed to go around shoving people for their PDA’s. If they have notes for very similar cases this could possibly be a ban.

If the assistant player shoved the traitor, took their PDA and then immediately attacked them in an attempt to detain or kill them, I would think this would be massive valid hunting. In this case I would think to warn them or ban them depending on how many previous incidents of powergaming they have had. If they have no previous incidents of powergaming and were very new to the server I would think to warn them as long as they were cooperative and showed signs they would do their best to correct their behavior in the future. If they had previous warnings or bans for powergaming I would think to ban for 1 day + 1 day per each previous note.

Question 3 - You recognize that you shouldn’t handle tickets involving yourself, and then slap a big “but” in there and stop them from terrorizing the server anyway. This is technically the wrong answer but it shows good intentions in any case.

I guess in this case I should never handle the ticket and instead focus entirely on trying to get another admin onto the server to deal with it.

Instead I will gather evidence for a player report.

Opting to prevent them from totally destroying the round for everyone is fine

As you said I should still prevent them from doing any further damage though.

I hope my new answers are better and show that while I may not have a perfect understanding of the rules I am willing to improve and change my understanding.

2 Likes

I’d give you a chance with these decent anwers and the sheer amount of effort you put in.
Also not too harsh on the clown.
+1

T: +1.5

3 Likes

Deserves another +1

T: +2.5

2 Likes

There is effort and detail here. Some answers are a tiny bit shaky but otherwise good.

+1

3 Likes

A player sees another player holding a pen in their hand, so they shove them, steal the pen, then cremate it, destroying the pen permanently.

Rules broken, if any.

The player shoved was a traitor, the pen was their locked uplink, and this happened at roundstart.

Rules broken, if any.

2 Likes