Isy232 Player report

CKEY: PerishedFraud

DIscord: PerishedFraud#0293

Offender’s CKEY: Isy232

Server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Some borg name. Forgive me not remembering, I didn’t mean to make this report at first (see below for more info)

Date: 6/22/2020

Round Number: 17535

Rules Broken: 2, 4, definitely 8

Incident Description: I’ll provide an objective view for this incident, leaving out information that makes either side seem better or worse. As Wang Kelliday - a miner with a hivelord, I encountered this player - playing a security cyborg, in the engineering hallway. Without any prompt, the borg immediately went in for the attack&arrest, later stating that it was due to a breach made in engineering. It promptly dragged me to security. In security, a cult check was proposed and I fully complied. I also explained that the breach was made only in order to hunt down constructs, and that no one was harmed (both true). When the notion of releasing me comes up, the borg instead immediately dragged me near permabrig and attempted to lock me in a locker. A security member’s impending arrival seemed to have made it reconsider, as it opened the locker again. The security man struggled to remove my helmet for a long time. Over the course of this, me and the officer found out that the laws are simple crewsimov and we both came to demand a release. Several times. Loudly. The borg continued to disobey, using the breach as an excuse, as it “will cause future harm” despite the shuttle being en-route to the station, despite explanations that it was made in order to pursue constructs, which cause actual harm, and despite no actual harm being witnessed by the borg (nor caused by the breach, in truth). I eventually order my hivelord to fight the borg, having concluded that it has gone rogue. It is not an eventful fight (it is a healing build) and the borg proceeds to violate me with a disabler. All the while it is still being ordered to let me go. After the cult check is performed and once it is clear that I am getting released, the borg removes and spaces all of my hard-earned items, hilariously leaving behind the sonic jackhammer actually used to make the breach it used as a shitty justification earlier.

Additional information: In the escape shuttle, me and my hivelord also witnessed a security cyborg beating some downed people. Identity is not confirmed, however. This could’ve been someone else. Apparently they’ve done other nasty things in the same round but that’s irrelevant to this report.

Additional information 2: I do not normally make player reports. In fact the most I’ve done was point-out WGW copypastas in the past. I am only making this report becauase Isy232 has asked me to after I pointed their actions out in another thread. This is why I do not remember their cyborg name.

Without any prompt, the borg immediately went in for the attack&arrest, later stating that it was due to a breach made in engineering.

Right after you kool-aid man’ed yourself though the wall to engineering, causing a breach to space and floor tiles to be ripped up, I immediately began shooting at you with my disabler. The prompt should be quite clear.

It promptly dragged me to security. In security, a cult check was proposed and I fully complied.

You being a cultist is not why I arrested you. Your status as a cultist or not in this case was irrelevant to me.

I also explained that the breach was made only in order to hunt down constructs, and that no one was harmed (both true).

You did not check both sides of the wall and it was also a part of the main hallway that you exposed to space. Someone could have been on the other side of that wall and died. You also immediately began carrying on like exposing a portion of the main hallway to space was nothing, so I had no reason to suspect that you were likely to breach another part of the station. Nobody was hurt directly because of the breach but it creates a large environmental hazard that is likely to at least cause a bit of harm.

It is not justified to create a breach in the main hallway to hunt down constructs.

the borg instead immediately dragged me near permabrig and attempted to lock me in a locker

I put you over a locker to strip you of your tools that you had just used to cause this breach and make them inaccessible to you.

The borg continued to disobey, using the breach as an excuse

By law 1, I had reason to believe that if I let you go you may cause another breach. Therefore letting you go would be in direct violation of law 1, which takes priority over law 2 orders.

despite the shuttle being en-route to the station

This does not change that a breach to the main hallway is a potentially lethal threat.

I eventually order my hivelord to fight the borg, having concluded that it has gone rogue.

I explained my reasoning multiple times yet you attack me for doing my job. This is even more evidence against you that you are likely to cause harm if released with your destructive gear.

After the cult check is performed and once it is clear that I am getting released, the borg removes and spaces all of my hard-earned items, hilariously leaving behind the sonic jackhammer actually used to make the breach it used as a shitty justification earlier.

I do not play miner often and I do not remember seeing a sonic jackhammer, I may have just missed it. I thought that the destructive tool may be among your backpack and just to be safe to space it. If a potential threat is going to be released it is better to take their weapons away first.

Additional information: In the escape shuttle, me and my hivelord also witnessed a security cyborg beating some downed people. Identity is not confirmed, however. This could’ve been someone else. Apparently they’ve done other nasty things in the same round but that’s irrelevant to this report.

This was not me, I never boarded the escape shuttle on this round.

Right after you kool-aid man’ed yourself though the wall to engineering, causing a breach to space and floor tiles to be ripped up, I immediately began shooting at you with my disabler. The prompt should be quite clear.

So you attacked a person for appearing without saying a single word. Very good. There are countless scenarios that could’ve lead to me coming into that hallway. Instead of finding out what’s going on your first action was to attack, despite me not doing anything against you. Smells like LRP, if anything.

You did not check both sides of the wall and it was also a part of the main hallway that you exposed to space. Someone could have been on the other side of that wall and died. You also immediately began carrying on like exposing a portion of the main hallway to space was nothing, so I had no reason to suspect that you were likely to breach another part of the station. Nobody was hurt directly because of the breach but it creates a large environmental hazard that is likely to at least cause a bit of harm.

There was no one there. No harm was caused. You determining that harm might happen is not grounds for what you’ve done. This hits even harder because you 're second-guessing another person’s actions as a cyborg. If this is how laws worked, the entire crew would be available for arrest. After all, they could all cause potential harm.

It is not justified to create a breach in the main hallway to hunt down constructs.

Prove it and stop using the breach as an excuse. Look at the actual situation instead like you should’ve done as the borg. Please explain how creating an easily repairable hazard that hurts no one is an inferior alternative to eliminating beings that actually hunt down and kill crew.

I put you over a locker to strip you of your tools that you had just used to cause this breach and make them inaccessible to you.

You already cuffed me. I don’t buy this for one second.

By law 1, I had reason to believe that if I let you go you may cause another breach. Therefore letting you go would be in direct violation of law 1, which takes priority over law 2 orders.

That’s not how it works. I’ll say it again. If that’s how it worked, the whole crew would be valid for arrest.

This does not change that a breach to the main hallway is a potentially lethal threat.

So are constructs. Please continue leaving that out. I appreciate it.

I explained my reasoning multiple times yet you attack me for doing my job. This is even more evidence against you that you are likely to cause harm if released with your destructive gear.

You ignored direct orders while using flimsly excuses to justify your actions as law 1. Trying to claim this as evidence against me only shows how low you are willing to go even here.

I do not play miner often and I do not remember seeing a sonic jackhammer, I may have just missed it. I thought that the destructive tool may be among your backpack and just to be safe to space it. If a potential threat is going to be released it is better to take their weapons away first.

I never used a single weapon and never displayed any violence until you showed rogue behaviour. Your IC explanation makes sense (though it is still rogue behavior) but due to the circumstances I am 100% sure you just did this to be a dick.

This was not me, I never boarded the escape shuttle on this round.

I will not trust this. Logs will show it.

Let the shit-throwing continue!

So you attacked a person for appearing without saying a single word.

No, I saw you break the wall and fastmos rip out tiles from the engineering hallway, which was the room I was in.

There was no one there. No harm was caused. You determining that harm might happen is not grounds for what you’ve done. This hits even harder because you 're second-guessing another person’s actions as a cyborg. If this is how laws worked, the entire crew would be available for arrest. After all, they could all cause potential harm.

Well, yes, if you follow laws to the letter the AI should theoretically lock everyone in a 2x2 glass cell with a scrubber and vent to prevent all chances of harm. As a silicon you look for major things, like someone murdering someone else or exposing the main hallway to space.

Some engineer could easily wish to go to their department and enter the hallway and take damage from doing so from the hazard you made.

You already cuffed me. I don’t buy this for one second.

Why would I strip you over the same locker I planned to lock you into?

That’s not how it works. I’ll say it again. If that’s how it worked, the whole crew would be valid for arrest.

That is how it works except you throw some human thinking into it. If you arrest everyone it would be a major dick move and ruin the fun. Therefore the silicons should just deal with those they think are creating harm. Following my laws by the letter I should have perma’d you and the officer who tried to help you, however that would be stupid so I did not and settled on taking your items and letting the officer release you.

So are constructs. Please continue leaving that out. I appreciate it.

Yeah, true, but you had reached the same status as a construct would have as you had just created a large environmental hazard, your activity is potentially harmful. Except I am not allowed to dispose of you.

You ignored direct orders while using flimsly excuses to justify your actions as law 1. Trying to claim this as evidence against me only shows how low you are willing to go even here.

Yeah, me following my laws and you attacking me, an agent of those laws, is good evidence against you for thinking that you will cause future problems if released.

I never used a single weapon and never displayed any violence until you showed rogue behaviour. Your IC explanation makes sense (though it is still rogue behavior) but due to the circumstances I am 100% sure you just did this to be a dick.

I never showed rogue behavior as I believed I was following my laws the entire time. I’m not rogue because I have a valid reason to ignore your law 2 order.

Quote the silicon policy rules where you think I broke them. I am quite sure I did not in this situation.

That is how it works except you throw some human thinking into it. If you arrest everyone it would be a major dick move and ruin the fun. Therefore the silicons should just deal with those they think are creating harm. Following my laws by the letter I should have perma’d you and the officer who tried to help you, however that would be stupid so I did not and settled on taking your items and letting the officer release you.

Using human thinking to make better decisions is one thing, but selectively applying it in order to be as big of a dick as possible is another. This effectively reads as “I did as much harm as possible without risking admin attention”

While my arguments are certainly not flawless I am in the belief that they are still correct and that your actions were unjustified, and probably motivated by…well, shit.

I will refrain from further discussion and let the decision be made at this point. Though I will say that I at least respect your determination, if anything.

I haven’t given this here so I think I should; here is my side of the events.

In engineering hallway, see floor tiles get ripped up, gasses being sucked south.

See someone in a miner hardsuit who just came through a hole in the wall.

Disabler them down, cuff them, drag them to the brig.

A security officer mentions something about cult. I pay this no mind. I am aware of a cult on the station but that was not the reason I arrested this person.

I start stripping this persons gear over a locker in perma.

They try to law 2 me into letting them go.

I respond with law 1, no.

Security officer also in the area, I think he is taking the side of the miner but I ignore them as I do not really care about what they have to say, more interested in dealing with the current issue.

After some more talking miner orders his hivemind to attack me. It does little damage but I run away and disabler him down for 2 minutes straight. Talking ensues.

Finally start paying attention to the seccie who is really asking me to release him and is pretty much vouching for him.

I let the seccie take the miner, but I space their backpack to get rid of any tools they had that they may use to cause further breaches. They still have their hardsuit which should keep them alive in this rapidly deteriorating station.

I then leave the brig and never see the miner again for this round.

Spacing your backpack was a dick move, but I was not able to find any mining tools on you when stripping you so I thought that it was where they must be. I also didn’t want you having anything that could harm me in the future.

1 Like

Well as Isy is now an admin, and thus is immune to job bans and server bans, this will now have to be processed as an admin report.

This is ridiculous- this should of been processed and he should of been banned

It’s been so long…and clearly they aren’t that much of a shitter if they successfully got admin’d at least. (Or I would hope so). As such this report has lost its value and I revoke it.

Closing on request of original author