Is being offended relative?

Your Discord: Mat05usz#8583

Offender’s Discord: ThomasTheDOOT#2218 Colonel Sanders#3126

Rules Broken (if relevant): 2. Be civil. Don’t disregard someone’s else’s post just because you personally don’t find it offensive.

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):
Admins don’t care that something offensive has been posted, keeps making jokes and telling me how they do not care or I should just ‘try to not be offended’.

Incident Description: Bee admins having double standards, demoting two people over a meme but then having jokes and laughing at someone else who reported something offensive just because it doesn’t affect me personally. The rest is in screenshots.

So I saw a meme on 6hoursmessages:

Then I reported it and an admin said that:

Admin asking me private information to determine if he/she/they should react:

So if I’m reporting something, it only matters if I’m truly, personally offended by something:

And if anyone put my flag as a pig, I’d be offended too, and I wouldn’t want admins to treat my report like that.

What if I had a nickel for every other offensive meme:

Have people offended by other memes just tried:

Is this how offensive stuff should be handled by admins? Or are there ‘more offensive things’ that you actually care about, and ‘less offensive things’ that you don’t?

1 Like

Remember when @Efe was demoted for posting a sigma meme? lmao

Cant have it both ways admemes, just either ban offensive people or don’t

12 Likes

Meant as a joke.

This was meant mockingly because of the fact that the only other time I’ve seen a person get unironically offended by the ukrainan pig alarm meme they were from ukraine.

You were the only person claiming it was offensive, and if you aren’t even offended by it yourself, it’s not offensive.

Nationalist cope.

This is referring to a common meme which has a car doing donuts with lots of gas coming out of the exhaust. The caption above the video of said car is something along the lines of ‘Me heating the planet up so that the Netherlands sinks faster’. Me being from the Netherlands, the point I was trying to make is that you shouldn’t get mad about memes making fun of nations. It’s petty.

Stupid point to make normally but you’re just getting ““offended”” because, well, I’ll let a screenshot I’m about to post speak for itself. :^)

EDIT: Before I forget, the meme in question: [removed by CF]

2 Likes

I too get insulted for being canadian, I dont bitch about it since the jokes are funny and not meant to hurt anyone.

Stop flooding this report with jokes please.

1 Like

Also, to answer the title:

“Is being offended relative?”
Kind of? It’s subjective.

In fact, what ‘crosses the line’ is entirely subjective. What efe posted was decided that it crossed the line, the Ukraine pig meme didn’t.

2 Likes

Not trying to, just putting my 2 cents in

From what i can understand, the main valid reason why this report is actually make sense is because of past accident, the Efe sigma meme.

Everyone know its a joke, but someone do felt offended, and the staff team moved on that basis to start investigating Efe. As an outsider to these woke movement or european nationalist , these stuff is weird to me yes, but if you staff consider sigma joke as offensive, you cant brush this one off then.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter for the purpose of the report, jokes are offensive too.

That also makes no sense because even if no actual Ukrainian reported the meme, I can still be angry that you allow such offensive shit to be on our discord. If anything, if you know that actual person got offended by those, you should make sure that it doesn’t happen again?

Yes, I was the only person claming it was offensive.

Is it not now?

Wow, just because someone cares about their country not being presented like that it doesn’t mean they are ‘nationalist’.

Yeah I figured out the meme, just wanted to post another screenshot of you completely ignoring the claim and making fun of me reporting something offensive.

1 Like

Okay but ‘serious time’ here

Have to agree with this. Everything is subjective. People raised differently are going to see different shit.

Bringing up the sigma male meme again, I’ve seen it and as a woman myself (at least I fucking hope lol) I didn’t see a problem with the sigma male meme. Sigma male shit is a joke in itself.

3 Likes

Basically this.

So if 3 people who were raised as men could decide whether a meme is offensive to women, now the same 3 men who were not raised as ukrainians can decide whether the meme was offensive and if their admin’s response was appropriate.

(Also before people start talking shit, yes I am polish but since several million Ukrainians have migrated to my country looking for a job, I’ve got to know some of them and they are great people. I do not wish for them to be insulted like that, and those insults to be scoffed at like that.)

1 Like

moreso the point that it’s an admins response to it. Admins are supposed to moderate, I can’t really blame them for doing their job.

Yeah because I’m sure that offended you.

Not offensive enough for me to care!

The guy was a nazi and Azov Batallion simp why would I care if he got offended by it?

Nice way to cut out half the sentence. The point of it was that if you personally aren’t offended by it, and nobody else was: Nobody is offended by it.

If you get offended about dumb memes about your country, you’re a nationalist or should watch less
international sports.

If you’re being petty I’m making fun of you.

This whole report is stupid because the only reason you reported it is because you’re being a contrarian. You’re mad efe got demoted over a sigma meme. I didn’t agree with the demotion myself, since I find sigma male memes funny in an ironic way but that is besides the point.

Ask them for their opinion on the meme? I’ve shown a Ukrainian buddy of mine one of these memes and they laughed. Just like anyone with a sense of humor due to the context of the meme. If we were ganging up on people and calling them pigs that would be different. But this is just a shitpost. Lmao

1 Like

Only those who are looking to be offended will be offended.

3 Likes

Mind you the sigma joke didnt target anyone specifically, and the one that got offended is new coming player, we dont know their background and all, but we still processed their report (as we should), now you brushing off the old guy like mat?

So nationalist doesnt have right to get offended now? these stuff is stupid yes but your responses is… not really showing how open and nice our staff is

Ironic or not.

2 Likes

My stance on this is that:

1. You didn’t fill out the report properly.

2. Efe’s demotion is largely unrelated to this, as the rule 2 infraction was rather minor and simply the last straw.

3. Admins are people, too. While they should still definitely be held to a higher standard, it’s silly to assume that they would magically behave all that different from the main community at large.

4. If people keep shitposting in this thread, I’ll just lock it. Get it together.

5 Likes

You have a right to get offended. Likewise, I have a right to not care.

2 Likes

llol said to lock it but I dont have permissions. Please do.

Nah everett, its not the demotion, but the fact that the report did got accepted, the rule 2 infraction one.

And yea @Mat05usz , add the details or they probably move this to general or some shit. (If you do want to take this seriously)