Ideas for new "demon" race

No Zesko no removal.
Improve dont remove

Have you literally read what I posted?

If you have ideas how to differentiate them post it here, if not stop spamming meaningless, offtopic replies.

2 Likes

Have you read what i posted ?

First work with a concept then with a sprites, not other way around.
Its easier to make a sprite to idea rather than write idea to an existing sprite.

And also, less human like creatures would be more unique. maybe they could have horns or twisted, deformed bodies, maybe they could be taller than regular humans, or shorter. It’s extremely hard to figure something out for something that is supposed to be human but with wings and tail and it doesn’t seem that appealing.

1 Like

The felinids are allergic to chocolate and can’t eat some other foods, they have terrible ears and still take ear damage from flash bangs even if it’s wearing bangproof, and they get distracted by lazer pointers

You’ve literally contributed to the thread while making a post about how contributing to it is bad because the sprites exist (lol).

2 Likes

I have to agree adding this would make no sense

You missunderstand me.
I woud like to see more xeno races, but as it is now the sprite looks to me like human but with wings and tail.
And i suppose that was the mere idea behind it too.

figure out better starting point and lead idea and it might get somewhere.

1 Like

naevi this thread was literally made to differentiate the race from others. that’s what the first post says, and also why i’m taking it seriously instead of going “lol succubus go away”

changing the appearance is also a part of that, the sprites were just provided as existing shit that got made.

1 Like

Demons as a concept are all about mischief in SOME form. So we would need to add something self antaggy to them to make them unique which we wont.

We can also just make them thematically fit the “unholy” so they would just heal and benefit from unholy things and get blasted by silver, but this is just slimepeople except its not (toxins)/(water n nontoxins) its (unholy stuff)/(holy stuff). Like, plasmamen are unique because they have a unique good/bad GAS relationship, slimepeople are tolerable because good/bad CHEM relationship, but in this way demons are just same shit as slimepeople, might aswell just group up reagents in arbitrary groups and make it a list you pick from for one good group and one bad group. The point is its not unique.

Or we could make them a literal vanity race with some bullshit like evil laughs and a mood debuff in church, but then its just catgirls all over again.

I dont see a way we can make this addition meaningful, and i dont think anyone truly can without it violating the balance or the idea of the game, without it being a carbon copy of what was already done.
Just make them the result of feeding catpeople the wing potion, if you want the sprite to be used so badly.

i think having it be more of an RP race based around custom contracts in some form or another could be an interesting way to differentiate it from other races.

But at that point youre just making a discount devil.

1 Like

Spritework looks good tho ngl :ok_hand:

1 Like

To make it a truly Xeno race-

Change skin color, give them bat eara

2 Likes

Feinid are the hardmode race.

I swear, everyone confuses what felinids are. Felinids are a species with only downsides, no upsides. You play it for a challenge.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say the downsides are mechanical…

AoE hardstun
Laserpointer
Reagent hardstun
Unable to eat sugar and other foods (donuts, etc)

This is only the mechanical downsides you have to put up with. All for what? In return you get ears and a tail that easily give you away.

And non human*
non 20 characters

I have had some time to think about this, and I think that a demon race would be cool if it looked more unique. Cool mechanics or no, it just seems like a waste to have them as a reskinned human.

And I agree with @BarrelBox , should be based around mischief, but to do that without making them antag is a very hard thing to accomplish.

First slimegirls, now this? We trying to turn into Citadel over here?

6 Likes

No race has big booba, add big booba that way they are unique

then we will get a felinid - demon war over hornyness and one side will win and stay and the other will be shunned basically changing nothing in the long term but providing short term entertaiment

2 Likes

Yo what races do fit inside the lore lmao

the lore for races is just “yeah we wanted moth people someone come up with something”

felinid lore is literally a joke

tho fr unless this race gets some quirks it should probably join felinid in being deleted and relegated to mutant human organs

1 Like