Ideas for new "demon" race

Kate Bishop is currently designing new demon race. He is looking for ideas for name, unique abilities, quirks and general balancing.

This is how they look (colors are randomized right now, this will change in future)

Posting this instead of them because dumbass got him himself muted

2 Likes

How does it fit inside of the lore

4 Likes

looks like a succubus

2 Likes

this will never pass.

besides from fancy wings and tails what traits would it have to make the race unique ?

1 Like

How about we rework Devils instead of adding fantasy races?

6 Likes

Why are we making ss13 into an anime girl galore galaxy.

Ooze, slime, demons, cats - what next?

7 Likes

this will never pass.

besides from fancy wings and tails what traits would it have to make the race unique ?

First of all, going against the demons while felinids exist is just silly. I don’t see the link between a regular-ass slime race and anime but people seem to think the slime is also too much and yet it’s in the game.

Second of all, that’s literally why we’re here. Here’s some ideas.

pros:
Heal from ratvander, demon’s blood, narsour, eldritch water, and a tiny bit from just blood.
See better in the dark.
Gain mood buffs from sin, ie getting fat, resting too much, hitting things (just use monkeys, before anyone asks), etc. With the obvious exclusion of lust.
You can curse items and maybe enchant them if you curse enough.
Evil laugh

cons:
Silver is toxic to them. No operating table. No silver tools. No silver chems. Holding silver without gloves damages them.
Null rod and holy water obliterate them, godblood and ominizine damage them. bible sets them on fire.
Demons hate each other.

3 Likes

No we have enough races in the game already, why not focus on improving aspects of the game rather than add more bloat?

same reason why devils didnt work well, this encourages grief and self antag.

Demons as a race only exists on erp servers, do you think people will let this pass if they cant stand 3 pixel ears on felinids ? there are plenty of other xeno races that could be ported that seems to be more meanigfull than demons.

3 Likes

No we have enough races in the game already, why not focus on improving aspects of the game rather than add more bloat?

translation: I don’t like it but I can’t bother to explain why.

Demons as a race only exists on erp servers, do you think people will let this pass if they cant stand 3 pixel ears on felinids ? there are plenty of other xeno races that could be ported that seems to be more meanigfull than demons.

It seems similar to felinids in that its a race that you love to hate on. I don’t care enough for it to defend it any further though.

1 Like

I just explained why lol, I just think time should be spent on other aspects of the game rather than adding more balance issues via a new race

1 Like

another thing worth mentioning, first figure out a good idea, then create sprites and everything else.

Good idea and mechanic is core for a good working race, we don’t want any more recolored humans.

Agreed, add aliens, not shitty fantasy races

This is different from what you said before.

Damn were really just porting peoples OC’s now lmfao

5 Likes

I would like more races myself, especially those what don’t look like shit. variety is good.

but for now this doesn’t have any idea behind it and i doubt our comunnity would like this to be ported in.

1 Like

it doesn’t

1 Like

What do felinids have unique? This thread exists just get ideas what could make them unique.

31a6wo

Tbh this race could easily replace felinids.

4 Likes

Felinids are being worked on.
And we don’t want to add any other empty races.

Felinids are being worked on.

Tell me more. What happened to removing them? Or making them paid dlc? Now there’s a fix?