Https://forums.beestation13.com/t/unknown-ckey-player-report-adam-adamovitch/19203/14 appeal

CKEY: Tentakuru

Admin’s CKEY: Hellooo

This is not a ban appeal but a note appeal

Round id: 39628

I would like to appeal note from:

So part of this note is factually wrong. I was not wearing a riot armor. One of the other officers did.

Feel free to check logs.

Space Law States:
" Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted.".

I did not use lethal force but I’m quoting Space Law to point that (SOPs) are general guidelines and may be used as justification for administrative action and/or IC punishments, such as being fired from your position. They are not meant to be followed to the letter, because circumstances and context may permit you to break SOP.
And that context of the situation matters.

I approached a person carrying lethal weapon and I believe my choice to flash them first and ask questions later was justified by the threat that weapon they were carrying was posing, even though this was green shift.
After clearing situation with CMO I left and they served no time in brig.

Hello! could you please edit the appeal so that it follows this template?

1 Like

Of course, sorry. I thought linking original post where all the details were posted already was enough.

1 Like

sorry for that, i’ll edit that part out of the note! my bad!

While i do understand that, you were very dismissive of Isabelle’s explaination.
Alert was green, there was no need for you to act like this.
You should have talked to the CMO before making the arrest, especially considering all this happened inside the medbay.

I will wait for another admin to give some more impartial feedback before i take any action.

1 Like

I’ve waited a couple weeks, but no other staff member wrote a reply.
I’ll just finish processing the appeal.

I’ve removed the armor part from the note, however the rest will remain.
It correctly describes your behaviour (breaching SOP during arrest), so it should stay.