How to not get assassinated by explorers

Will improve this in a few days, decided to make this after seeing a assassination target make a major mistake. This is also split up into steps/sections meant to be followed in order

Your gear

Pretty bare bones but everything has a purpose, do not get rid of anything. Also remember to turn off your GPS, though turn it on every now and then for a moment to note where people are. Also, make two pairs of cuffs from your wire

Space Walking

Unless you try to explore the objective area yourself and find a weapon or there is only one explorer, trying to attack head on is useless. The best strategy is to break outside of area and go around the station and find the shuttle. Check the GPS how close people are if you see part of the shuttle, don’t want to do the next step with explorers close.

The Shuttle

You’re halfway to freedom, now when you get on quickly explore the shuttle, note where things are and what things there are. Grab a explorer headset to ease drop on the explorers, should be a crate with spares somewhere. Pay very close attention to how things are set up, if you move things around it will be noticed. This step is it own category because of course you can find spare weapons and such if you wish to hunt them down and such.

**Note: Only people at the explorer Z level is able to hear their comma during a mission. It’s sometimes not realized by explorers but if you speak over comms trying to pull a card from a comms agent deck of tricks and a explorer realized this, you better start prepping for them to return to the shuttle to check it out.

**ESCAPE**

The best way to escape overall is to hack the control console. This is done by dismantling the console until you get the board, using a multi tool on it, and then putting everything back together. Doing this removes the access restrictions and allows you to leave those explorer losers behind.

Another way to escape is to just hide on the shuttle and wait out on the explorers. You could hide in crates, but the better spot to hide (if it’s on the shuttle) is exosuit closets. Just make sure you pick one that currently is closed, and if you’re going this route it’s best to toss out your own hard suit. You’re hiding on the shuttle, the hard suit will just slow you down. If any explorers opens your closest, stun and cuff them quick. The room will bottle neck them and gives you a hostage that they may or may not care about (cloning/revival is cheap).

Or you can hunt the explorers down like the dogs they are. Your best bet is to find a weapon on the station you’ve been left on and then hide in a enclosed area. Bottlenecking is your friend, if you manage to stun and cuff two of them without getting heavy hits that’s pretty much game over for them, by this time you have one of their weapons and probably able to have enough juice in the stun baton to kill them.

If they bring proper sec officers with them, best not to go full assault on them as I believe it’s only really possible to take on 3 people in close combat as a assassination target, and sec has flash bangs which will end your escape attempt.

What’s next?

Well I can only think of a few things for this section because not many have gotten this far. Best route is between going directly to the station and to lavaland. I believe you can land the shuttle anywhere on lavaland, just find a isolated spot with a trail back to the mining station and get in. Tell the miner you’re a lavaland hermit, and if questioned about the jumpsuit mention you got the old one burned off and you got it off a legion. Or just tell a miner some bullshit, I’m a miner main and until CC has a policy about letting others found on lavaland back to the station I’d probably let you back up anyway with some kind of excuse of who you are. After that you can try to get a job on the station and just go from there. I’d probably then move the explorer shuttle somewhere in space and sabotage it, then get back to the station via a falcon beacon. Unless the explorer shuttle gets found in lavaland, this ending could succeed.

Or just land directly at the explorer port and hack your way out. This is a bit riskier as the explorer shuttle being back but not the explorers is really suspicious and people might connect the dots with that and you, the new guy on the station, and the assassination mission. At this point try to hide out somewhere if you get caught, otherwise sec might probably just kill you themselves.

This is GOOD shit, good to know if I ever pick assassination that is

1 Like

If you want to set a trap, you can almost always find locked crates and fuel tanks, making an ambush quite possible.

3 Likes