How to make Lawyer not bad

The new access and equipment will just be used by powergamers who want the privellege of security without the responsibility (Or bwoinks)

now i see the powergaming that could be done. maybe they could only buff them on MRP?

i also like the idea of mandatory trials on MRP

Don’t remove lawyers, they’re the only job that can inconspicuously carry around a briefcase launchpad

1 Like

Oh god, I just forgot how much I love briefcase launchpad.

MINDSHIELD FOR TATOR

The added equipment basically makes them the same as my Deputy idea, which whilst being a potential role, is not the same duty as Lawyer.

The wiki is outdated since Brig Physician is a relatively new addition, healing would be their duty not the Lawyer’s now.

I think the Lawyer is and should remain a 100% RP inspired role. My opinion on this is derived 100% from having to repeatedly stop detectives from over-escalating with their gun, and seeing detectives act like normal members of sec instead of fulfilling their actual job of investigating.

Mandatory trials on MRP if a lawyer is present sounds like a good way toward making them more useful though.

Give the lawyer a ic way of contacting centcom (The admins) and give reports about all the health and safety violations on the station.

Also give the lawyer basic departmental access so he can properly preform health and safety inspections.

Also add a fine mechanic where the lawyer can find departments for health and safety violations or dereliction of duty.

3 Likes

Now that I like a lot, put them in charge of preventing legal action against NT via safety inspector type role when they aren’t being a defense attorney

Not that NT likely cares about actual legal action, but it looks good to have someone to pretend you do

But… only clowns, assistants and chaplins need money. And… only three of those would actually do something to be fine worthy

It’s what I do as a lawyer all the time. Would be nice to be ignored by the admins and not only the hos, hop and cap who are the ones I usually report to

If the medbay is unsanitary and non sterile I’m going to recommend a penalty for this. The ones with actual power get to decide what this penalty may be but fines are the easiest to do

Lawyer remains what it is a role made for RP change the players not the job :’))

This can also synergise with the janitor as if there’s actually something that could happen if your workplace was trashy even if it’s just a fine people would probably be slightly more likely to call upon the janitor to actually do their job

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Yeah just give em one of those fax machines from other servers and maybe some basic departmental access so they can do inspections. The accses isn’t really required as the hop can give it to him but it would be preferable

This is a big fat no. Lawyers can be traitors and revs. No buffing lawyers without removing antag status

What part of it the fax machine and health and safety inspection stuff or the “gib more stuff”?

Lawyers + Chamelon stamps + Centcom fax REQUIRE a good admin, no matter what. Else they just waste their TC instead of OUR ALL-MIGHTY SAVIOUR BRIEFCASE LAUNCHPAD

Lawyers have access to sec, and access to flash protection and are generally trusted by security. That’s insanely powerful for any round start antag, and they dont need any more than that if they will retain their antag possibility

1 Like