Hi, here’s how you fix naming guidelines.
People doing immersion breaking stuff are covered in rule 1.
Please seriously consider replacing this enormous waste of mod/admin time with the following Naming Suggestions:
This page provides naming suggestions to help players promote and encourage RP. Please note that names that contain profanity, slurs or immersion-breaking references will be removed in accordance to rule 1 - You must roleplay
- Human: Normal human names, though please note that this is normal for a sci-fi corporate dystopia, so if you feel you can justify your character being named after a constellation, for instance, then go for it! (This applies to all other races that reference human names. Human names should not include any prefixes nor suffixes.)
- Apid: Names that resemble clever bee-puns or names involving buzzing. Human First names are common, since the apids were recently brought to the galactic community by human ambassadors. Flower surnames are encouraged, along with names that start with B.
- Ethereal: First name is any celestial body or name that sounds like one (look into Greek/Roman mythology for inspiration if nothing else), Last name is two capital letters.
- Felinid: Normal human names, though typically with Asian origins.
- IPC: Robotic Acronyms or Model identification numbers consisting of 4-10 Numbers, letters and hyphens. Human names are not appropriate for IPCs.
- AIs and Borgs: Robotic Acronyms, Model identification numbers or simple Non-Acronym names provided they are computer or robot related. Human names are not appropriate for borgs or AI.
- Lizard: Hyphenated names describing some action, or two part hyphenated names following Ashwalker naming conventions.
- Oozeling: First name is almost any color, last name is any human surname ending in “son”.
- Moth: Latin (or psuedo-latin) species name OR a Single word object, concept or event of some special significance to the character. Names containing “Moth” or “Lamp” are not permitted.
- Plasmaman: First name is or sounds like a periodic table element, last name is Roman Numerals
- All races: Are forbidden from having titles, nicknames and honorifics in their character name. This means “Dr” is not your first name and quoted nicknames don’t go in the middle of official IDs
- Clowns, Mimes and Wizards: May completely ignore the suggestions outlined above, but are still up to admin discretion on whether a name is inappropriate in general.
Note it’s not mandatory. The mods and admins can point to them as suggestions, but you don’t need to mess with people’s creativity and character development to do so.
“Small things set me off. One of these things is being told that a small thing that is really quite harmless is bad. Another of these things is having my creativity stifled in even minor ways” - Spungus
This sums up how I feel about naming guidelines, and I feel that it’s likely that many others feel similar.