How do you want to see MRP enforced?

B&E is an IC crime unless the purpose of it breaks any other rules. IE: Someone breaking a Sci window and running away makes them valid to be arrested IC’ly, but if they break it and get themselves a BoH, gravity guns, maxcaps and nanites they’d be punished OOC’ly for powergaming.

Of course repeated behaviour and breaking stuff just for the sake of it can fall under rule 1, but it’s ultimately up to Admin discretion. It’s usually left to be dealt with IC if it doesn’t really impact the round or another player’s gameplay.

Note: Don’t take this as a ruling thanks!!!

I could understand that thinking for LRP but for MRP it doesn’t make much sense. Players should be required to act sensibly. It doesn’t make sense to have an assistant breaking into everything and stealing equipment that they shouldn’t be touching. You can’t justify that behavior in a roleplaying setting so it should be against the MRP rules.

We should either expect MRP behaviors or stop calling it an MRP server. Heck, I had to stop playing pranks as mime in LRP ages ago because I liked to weld sec doors and trap them in there. An annoyance act where I don’t actually steal anything or harm anyone. But I was threatened with a ban with a bwoink on LRP (this was even before MRP existed) so how is it an IC issue if I were to break in and steal to my heart’s content but welding a door is somehow a bannable offense?

I think one of the rules of MRP is to act like someone who wants their job at the end of the day, and realistically, assistant is that guy you just hired, and well, them breaking shit is definitely gonna result in this person you just hired who has contributed nothing in being both in jail and jobless

1 Like

Stop serverbanning people to raise LRP pop, its just scummy.

the people being banned are people that would be more happy on LRP anyway but tard admins won’t just take the logical final step and just delist MRP and do whitelist

because driving a bunch of people away from bee as a whole with ultra strict MRP enforcement and MRP permas is perfectly ethical but whitelisting one server to repopulate another is “muh unethical”

bruh the people that actually played MRP most enjoyed 25 ish pop MRP rounds so why not just cap pop for MRP at like 30 since playing MRP at high pops requires either nazimins or it not really even being MRP

1 Like

Stop serverbanning people to raise LRP pop, its just scummy.

because driving a bunch of people away from bee as a whole with ultra strict MRP enforcement and MRP permas is perfectly ethical but whitelisting one server to repopulate another is “muh unethical”

My exact thoughts on both of these issues as addressed in a Discord DM last night before making this thread. We aren’t server banning people to raise the LRP population, and I don’t think the bans will raise the population on that side anyway. We’re banning because players aren’t acting appropriately for MRP.

What I do think will raise the population is consistent events like the one @Average_Joe22 rallied for that attract the people who like the chaotic nature that LRP’s rules allow away from MRP, but it’s difficult to get auth for a ban (only requires normal admin) on my hours, let alone auth for events (Senior admin+ approval required). Rally for more LRP events is the best solution I could think of, but I don’t have the availability to personally back that solution.

I was talking about introducing a new round type to LRP’s rotation to attract attention over to it as well - a round type where everyone starts as traitors with a total FFA nature about it. But I also might be misunderstanding what LRP players like since it’s not the server I preferred.

2 Likes

I’d say LRP people like an environment where they can break into where ever and not get banned for putting the entire armory in a backpack

Essentially, FFA all traitors, maybe make it not known its all traitor but alot of traitors

My proposal was adding it to rotation as a secret mode. Players would probably find out quickly, but not know immediately.

Obviously would be LRP only right? If you can code it, you should totally do it

I’m not hearing a lot of actionable advice here. It’s all well and good talking about “moar RP” but it needs to be specific and actionable. If you had the power to implement any rule, what would it actually be?

Regarding the few actionable suggestions:

RE whitelist or delisting from hub:
I voted in favour of this and it didn’t garner enough votes. Not much to be done except wait a while to bring it up for disussion again.

RE breaking and entering as self-antagging

There would be a lot of exceptions to that rule though e.g. nobody is at medbay front desk and someone is dying. Or you’ve brought mats to cargo but there’s no-one to let you in to just use the autolathe. If it was for restricted areas though? That’s something I can probably get behind.

For reference that would be the areas covered by Major Trespass: any Security Area, Command area (including EVA), the Engine Room, Atmos, or Toxins Research.

1 Like

Were not serverbanning to raise LRP pop, we are serverbanning the LRP pop for acting like LRP on MRP.
If you do not like the enforcement of rules and the new council rulings targeted towards MRP you are not the target audience of that server.

I would like bad RP / stuff that would usually get you bwoinked but not banned to be enforceable like the nword ban, short bans for breaking RP but they got longer and longer each time.

Edit: Tiding into sec or bridge I believe is bannable already

So you’re serverbanning LRP players to keep them in place?

That’s a way to twist words. If you act like it’s LRP and powergame in MRP, you get in trouble. It doesn’t have to do with someone’s personal preference. You’ve been told several times that people aren’t getting banned from MRP to raise LRP pop so can you stop baiting please?

:neutral_face: I don’t care bro :neutral_face:

Very intelligent reply and a way to show that you’re here for an actual discussion

Why thank you for your praise PhD graduate, I will submit my thesis on the state of a videogame in a month good sir.