HOP gives no AA rule on LRP is bad

Aight I’m thinking of making a PR that adds plasteel reinforcement to all high-security (bridge,all the heads’ offices, armoury, etc.) to give the captain a bit more time to prepare and get sec over(if it exists).

Thoughts?

1 Like
  1. unscrew the bridge window and cut the grille with your insulated gloves you rushed
  2. hop the table
  3. grab the axe
  4. smash the door down

you’re in within 1 minute

alt. the disposals re-routing and hand tele below the caps office can also get you in quicker

just making the doors more sturdy wont stop it

You still have to hack at LEAST 2 door to get to the axe. Also : https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Hacking#Secure_airlocks

It takes a good 15 or so seconds to hack through these if you’re fast. Plus the doors shocking you on the second step is a good turn off for most tiders since the only fast insuls you can get are in tech storage and they’re only one pair. It would take a lot longer for them to tide to the ones in engi.

on box its one window and you have the axe

failing the bridge axe cause its some unbased map that isnt meta, you can yeet atmospherics axe 90% of the time with just one door hack

you can get insulateds

• in electrical toolboxes as a RNG spawn
  • primary tool storage as a RNG spawn
  • primary tool storage vending machine
  • any tool closet, RNG
  • engineering (just one smashed windoor and they are yours)
  • and of course, tech storage; which still requires you to just make one fake wall

failing all of that on box you can just weld two normal walls and you’re in the caps bedroom lmao

people always call out the gamer wire about 30 seconds into the round, so i insulateds arent even a requirement; it also only takes one shitter to hack/break there way in for the whole tide to follow

Unlikely af spawns. And the tide to engineering is way longer than just breaking in with no insuls. (Like most tiders do). You also disregard that doors shock you when you break them.

Also yeah should probably replace the regular walls with rwalls as well

you could also tide into the caps office and thermite a single wall, which is a very common one

Using advanced tools is fine, using just a screwdriver, a crowbar, multitool, and some elbow grease is not.

Thermiting inside, thermiting, finding insuls at least require a minimum amount of effort. And thats the end goal

2 Likes

if its a secure panel they can just deconstruct it with an RCD (which are free in eva/engi and both take about 10 seconds to get), smash it down with an axe (still 10 seconds)

I say this because the meta for spare rushing, from what I can tell isnt hacking, its just brute forcing in with a fire axe or RCD

Hacking is 10x faster than the axe or RCD method bruh. Also unsure about this but I’m pretty sure you can’t RCD a reinf door

Edit:

Okay so I was right about the no RCDing reinforced doors, but I have also discovered that plasteel reinforced doors can’t be destroyed with a fireaxe. Kinda epic?

1 Like

Right I think this discussions gotten a bit off track. You do have an argument about just hacking everywhere, but I’ve made a counter argument for it already in the post. People who don’t know what they’re doing can inadvertently make doors unusable by cutting wires, and those who do know what they’re doing are still inconvenienced for the delay of having to hack every door just to do basic power setups without the required access. Because of the autist who designed the new airlocks, you can’t even hack an external airlock without the system just re-bolting the door, so you have to spacewalk from arrivals to the solar panel, wire it, then go all the way back around and hack the door just to do solars.

As for speedrunning methods of getting the spare, that discussion doesn’t belong here. My point is that that shouldn’t even be necessary. If captain or HOP could simply give AA you would see less people rushing the spare, less command getting lynched for AA, and more people encouraged to play those roles with the confidence they won’t be lynched within 10 minutes of roundstart for their AA.

Also any discussion about how to make it harder for people to get the spare don’t belong here either. No matter what you do, if people want to get the spare (or anything on the station for that matter) there is no stopping them and it’s only a matter of time before they get what they want. If there is no captain or HOP, then there isn’t any reason why people shouldn’t rush the spare as that’s the only way they’ll get what they want. One suggestion I have on this topic however would be to update the ID change system either to prevent non-legitimate command from giving others AA, or to streamline the process of manually selecting areas the HOP can give access to on IDs so they can give the crew pseudo AA to everything but command and the armory, which most people would be happy with since they can break into those areas anyway if they want. If it didn’t take the HOP 5 years to make an ID pseudo AA (more than double the time it takes to break into the office and steal the HOPs ID from the console and get real AA yourself) then there would be less problems.

The greytider in me says yes but the singular braincell I have says no

1 Like

This is already accounted for in the rules and is an obvious edge case where rushing the spare is 100% fine, the discussion is more centered around HoP/captain mass handing out AA and why it is bad

to that I answer that it makes a lot of jobs just not fun, mainly security/chemistry/science ect where you have people tiding all over your workplace who have half the armoury in there backpack due to having AA, with any attempt at stopping them usually resulting in them gunning you down.

there is meant to be some sort of risk/reward in play, if you want AA get a good enough reason for it, such as being a traitor or being a doctor ect then the HoP’s literal job is to do that for you; just handing out to everyone though makes being an antag easy mode and ruins the balance of a good LRP round.

Or, hear me out, we could just ban the griefing assistants who believe that not getting AA roundstart lets them act like antags.

1 Like

Then the rule should be modified for exceptions so people can EARN AA, or double down and make attacking captain in any way as a non-antag is self antag and griefing. As mentioned in a recent comment I made, streamlining the ID modification process would help immensely to give people pseudo AA and get them the access to everything but where they shouldn’t be.

We could do that, but thats extra work for admins to have to ban 5 people, and gives away antags who broke in, if any as they were the only ones not banned immediately for doing it. It’s also more rules for people to keep track of.

I don’t think that it’s acceptable to reward people who self antagonize.

Giving someone what they want because otherwise they will antagonize you is not a good precedent.

It’s also not good to die, have ahelp get sent to IRC, have an admin come on, check logs and see the captain was valid because he tried to fight back, and close the ticket. Or have it get closed because one of the people that broke into the office and killed the cap was antag and no one else bothered to stop them or revive the cap. I’ve been killed before for my AA right off the shuttle before I could even arm myself.

i have to plan for every map on how to secure the locker and escape at the same time with AA
even if you hide AA people will kill you anyway for your AA card

Yes, please remove this rule, most of the time I just think of random reasons to give aa now, and if everyone has aa then what’s the point, if everyone has everything it should make it easier to catch antags.

my opinion is: its low rp, who gives a fuck about departments, all youre doing is making people steal the captain’s spare, there is no point on delaying the inevitable, this is dumb shit, like all other recent changes