Hackole Mentor Application

Your CKEY:
Hackole

Your Discord:
Hackole #8816

How long have you been playing ss13?:
Since July of 2015.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:

I am placing discord usernames here, but if needed I can edit this to ckeys later.
Penwin#3139, Tamus#4991, and Tomas#6029 have given me their blessings to place their names here.

Though without official vouches, kind words from MegaDDD and RukoFamicon have also encouraged me to finally make the application.
Game Experience (More Detailed):

I seem to be incapable of posting a picture. If someone would be willing, I will send a screenshot of tracked playtime. But for now, I will post a mirror link. Just … reconnect the link parts. Wasn’t letting me post a full one.

https
://imgur
.com/a/pQl1dRJ

To summarize, my strengths are definitely security and silicon knowledge in general. I’m also very deeply familiar with this game and the silly nonsense that comes with it - like Construction/Engineering, Medical system, general mechanics… This tracked playtime ignores my prior experience on other servers, all counted, exceeding 3,000 hours of playtime on the /tg/ codebase. Beestation SOP is hardwired into me at this point, although that’s probably more of an admin thing.

This wouldn’t be my first time being a mentor, but it would be my first time on Bee. I notice a lot of players who simply don’t have the experience to enjoy the game at it’s fullest and it would be my pleasure to help them gain more.

I think ss13 is really the kind of experience that gets better the more you know about it… It can be easy to try it once or twice and then drop it, it’s just that clunky and strange. But giving it a chance, reaching out to mentors who can help you along the way, and really engaging yourself with it turns it into something unlike anything else.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

2 Likes

If you have Mega and Ruko’s blessing, then you have mine.

+1

Hilarious mhelp scenario time:

1. “halp why am i moving slowly and lagging my ping is fine”
  2. “How charg batong?”
  3. “Warden here, can i use the deagle in the armoury locker?”
  4. “am old player, how do you make heretic runes again??”
  5. “hey ward, what does the rat say to its newest friend?”
  6. “people keep telling me AI state laws, how do?”
  7. “HoS here, I’m the only command member onboard, can I force execution and cyborgization onto the Janitor for slipping me and the traitor, stealing his dsword and running off with it?”
  • “halp why am i moving slowly and lagging my ping is fine”

There is a function called time dilation that will slow down everyone on the server a bit if there’s too much going on. Otherwise, you might check your health or if youre snared by something, which also cause slow movement.

• “How charg batong?”

I dunno man I’ve been trying to figure that out for years, if you figure it out let me know

• “Warden here, can i use the deagle in the armoury locker?”

This is more of an admin question. From a player to another player, almost certainly not unless the situation is exceptionally dire.

• “am old player, how do you make heretic runes again??”

Invoke your mansus grasp spell on the top left, then use it inhand on a suitable spot. Should probably do it someplace reasonably concealed.

• “hey ward, what does the rat say to its newest friend?”

im in fucking shambles here man ive barely got a grip

• “people keep telling me AI state laws, how do?”

Along the bottom of your screen there will be a button that will state your laws for you under the common channel. There should also be a button on the “robotics commands” tab up on the top right.

• “HoS here, I’m the only command member onboard, can I force execution and cyborgization onto the Janitor for slipping me and the traitor, stealing his dsword and running off with it?”

Admin question. From a player of security’s perspective, though - Per CoC, if the HoS is the acting captain, then you can approve your own executions and cyborgizations. That being said, it would need to be a prime crime. I would say if the alert was on red or delta and you were the only security in general it might be permissible.

I can vouch for Hackole’s experience. Always seems to know a lot.

You should be able to charge a stun baton in a Recharger, if that’s what’s meant by “batong”

Also, another major reason for moving slow is hunger.

Hey there, here’s some questions I came up with in the span of 8 minutes, good luck with the app!

1. I want to build a cyborg, but not have it linked to the ai. Is there a way to do that?
  2. ADMIN HOW DO I STRIP PEOPL AS BORG HALP!!
  3. There’s a prisoner who deserves a death sentence, but there’s no cap or hos, what do I do?

Per non admin staff policy, non mentors may not ask questions on mentor applications.

You’re seem to know antags and sec very well which is a 0.5+ from me, here’s some questions about other stuff in the game.

1. SM is on fire what do???

2. How do I turn off law sync from the borgs?

3. How do I get discovery research?

I do not believe you would properly represent us as a mentor at this time. This is primarily due to your history and past interactions with staff. -1

In my experience Hackole is both a helpful individual and very friendly. +1

I’m pretty sure you just remove the battery and charge battery

That is something you can do
you can even put in higher capacity cell

But normaly you’d just whack the whole thing into the gun-recharger, same as you’d do for your disabler

Sorry to peanut post, but how would people who apply overcome this? like how would someone represent the server better in the future, if they have a negative past especially with admin interaction?

BeansKidney’s questions:

1. I want to build a cyborg, but not have it linked to the ai. Is there a way to do that?

Use a multitool on a completed cyborg shell. You can close off the Law sync port.

1. ADMIN HOW DO I STRIP PEOPL AS BORG HALP!!

Should be as simple as clicking and dragging the person to your sprite as a cyborg. Sometimes theres a funny bug that happens, try reconnecting or switching intents.

1. There’s a prisoner who deserves a death sentence, but there’s no cap or hos, what do I do?

This is a question for the admins, sorry lad. Now that being said, I’ll direct you to this page, Space Law - BeeStation Wiki - at the bottom is a direct answer.

" If no command staff, acting or otherwise, is present then security officers may confine people permanently in accordance with space law. Executions are not permitted unless use of lethal force would otherwise be authorized. Executions after capture are not authorized with the sole exception of changelings."

Miriam’s questions:

1. SM is on fire what do???

Tricky question without being able to see it myself. Probably the first thing to do is check is that you still have n2 - the cherry red canisters pumped into the SM chamber to cool it. The canisters will show a blinking red light or no light at all on their indicator if they are empty. Besides that, there are a list of things to check to troubleshoot it. First, check that all the pipes, pumps, vents, and scrubbers are functional - this includes the cooling loop in space, checking the air alarm to ensure the vents and scrubbers are working normally, and ensuring that the pumps are both on and at the correct pressure by clicking on them.

1. How do I turn off law sync from the borgs?

You’ll first need to swipe a valid ID on their cover to unlock it - robotics access is required. Then, in order:
use an empty hand to take out the power cell, use a screwdriver to expose wires, then use a wirecutter until you shut off the lawsync/ AI connection.

1. How do I get discovery research?

A number of ways. Of course, explorers can get some of it, but you can also print a discovery scanner from the department lathe and scan various simple mobs - xenobiology slimes offer a lot, but any old station pet will work. Go try scanning Ian/Poly/Etc.
The most usually used option would be a research bomb, which is a reasonably involved process and involves the toxins department. You’d want about 33% to 66% cooled tritium/oxygen mix in the blue can and a full can of very hot plasma for that kind of bomb.

Response to Tyranicranger4
“I do not believe you would properly represent us as a mentor at this time. This is primarily due to your history and past interactions with staff. -1”

I sincerely hope i’m able to prove you wrong, but I respect the honest input.

That actually relates to one of my favorite tricks for power generation - if you’re playing security and engineering hasn’t set up power, you can take the empty power cell out of the security APC, put it into a baton, but the baton’s cell into the APC, then charge the baton. It basically turns any recharger into a cell charger.

1 Like

Pretty sure thats a exploit that remains unfixed cause noone wants to fix it

i mean all it does is that it makes rechargers become makeshift cell chargers

It’s well known that cell chargers (of both varieties) cost less power than they produce. This is mainly because of how much power drain chargers would put on a room’s APC if they didn’t. It would require a lot more work to fix than it seems at first, because every time a charger gets used the room would black out if it were just a straight 1:1 swap.