Glowstation feedback and bugreport thread

you know what you need to post here. no peanuts please

2 Likes

EXPERIMENTOR is too far away from console. Rookie mistake

Some staircases don’t have floors under them.

Minerals don’t generate in the ice cavern rocks. The ones at the bottom level also leave behind snow when broken, which contrasts with the lava floor that’s there normally.

I observed during the round, i didn’t actively play it myself.
But! from what i saw, i really liked the map! I love how you integrated Z levels, and it really does feel very different from the other maps in rotation! Thank you for making this

there were some time dilation issues (?) but i’m not sure if it’s tied to the map or to other stuff.

This door doesn’t have any floor underneath it. Open to vacuum.

Engineering storage floor is missing two tiles, making it open to the vacuum of space

1 Like
  • Nowhere NEAR enough fire extinguisher cabinets on the walls

• Missing(?) fences around the hyperspace tunnel area

• Telecomms relay blocking the maint access

This one is way too fucking funny not to post. Captain hides from nukies who can’t look up

8 Likes

robotics has no startign resources expect 5 sheets of plasteel
3-5 iorn sheets and maybe a stack glass shoudl be enough

1 Like

Staircase leads into toxins storage directly and forces you to phase through a floor. Bad.

Also that was the single greatest round as RD and any head of staff, I have no clue how I survived besides just having the gear I had on me and acting on instinct.

I think as well just the layout is rather confusing? but that’s primarily because beestation players are flat-brained and we can’t picture SS13 in a three-dimensional-ish space

also arrivals shuttle has no roof

there is a city that this darkness can’t hide

2 Likes

thank you all for your input. i will get to adress the issues in the upcoming years (we are all busy)
in the meantime enjoy the only piece of content no one was able to see as its only visible whilst another station is loaded (while glow is testmerged)

5 Likes

MY GOD! GLOW STATION IS SITE TENGU!

(I really need to continue writting my SS13 story, I’ve been consumed by college.)

There’s a floor in the secure elevator, 3rd or 4th floor that just drops off after a staircase.

The chapel back office got a maintenance door accessible with maintenance access and but not chapel access

The station has one heater; standard amount is one per workstation.

Doors opening in upstairs medbay don’t make any noise. oddly closing them does.
Edit: This only happened the first time I opened the doors. It’s the two doors directly southeast of the PWR drink vendor on the upper floor of medbay.

EDIT2: On further inspection, it’s when doors open immediately after I go up or down stairs.

cams bad

two doors here I can’t see but need to be able to open

needs more SMES, power runs out near instantly. might also be rats

Minor cam nitpick

Missing cams for backroom + wrong access (no botanist access)

No atmos storage with canisters, so no additional O2 canisters for toxins to work with.
GIve toxins FOUR O2 cans, not three.

Complaints about botany being weird?

Jank cams on second floor

Cam seeing into burn chamber would be nice

No cams in this room/around (east? break room there?)

No cam that can see into SM chamber area, this is important

Tachyon-Doppler array does not work for toxins?

Cams here

Sec don’t have access to most external airlocks?

Engineering storage, as in primary engi storage has no iron/glass/plasteel sheets.

Supermatter airlocks aren’t linked?

Cam nitpick

Area names cannot be stuff like
icecaverns

Dormitories lower - StarboardBow
they should be fully qualified and formatted or it looks bad on crew monitor / AI cams

This should not be a thermomachine hack, it should use the nearby ice or require mores setup.

wall-airlock

north of robotics-ish maints

Cameras outside AI sat are named “iceland plains”, they should be named “AI Core Exterior” for motion alerts.

AI sat stairs yeet you

2 Likes

Cargo area has uh, missing doors? There’s a third one right next where the black bar on the left side is

The door has the word ‘‘Mining’’ something but it seems this is the storage of crates of cargo
Screenshot_2

Some areas on maint like this should have the COLD or INTERNALS sign near by so you can tell you need it to traverse the area

This airlock is missing the cycling thing, another one near AI as well, we had to hack through since they never unbolted
Screenshot_5

Unsure if this can be tackled by the mapper itself and the screenshot i took didn’t captured it but people passing by with lights on the floors belows it’s… weird, it does a weird flickering on the floor while they pass, though this might be related to the lighting

Slowly getting used to the map, not bad so far!

2 Likes

Botany is very small for a 3 person job, then literally down the hallway is a chapel garden twice the size of botany. Botany’s biogenerator is in the corner surrounded by machines making it useless. Botany has no access to botany’s backroom either

1 Like

Im pretty sure Botany is multi-z and has a massive upper room.