[Gitdatdisc] banned by [Tyranicranger4] - Banned for buying a shuttle

Title: Banned for buying a shuttle when the crew voted for it and I bought it

CKEY: gitdatdisc

Admin’s CKEY: Tyranicranger4

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: 1 Day

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/): 2024/02/02

Round ID: 47548

Ban Reason: Purchased the Disco Inferno shuttle as the Captain. Led to quite a lot of damage, unsurprisingly. Don’t purchase inherently dangerous shuttles as a non-antagonist please. Created as the result of a player report from round ID ‘47551’, [Unknown] Mary Palmer Player Disco inferno & more Player Report

Appeal Reason: As captain, I got on and had to sort out EVERY single problem caused when there was no captain. By the sheer force of Secuistan and Golems, and a botanist, the station was armed to the teeth. The resulting salt from any antagonist was the result of the crew being armed to fight off a blob in a situation where I could not realistically take back every weapon and mech handed out. As for the shuttle, which I did actually purchase. The crew voted for it. It was mostly the more popular one and I purchased it on that account. the resulting DAMAGE I am accused of was caused by some lizard fireballing the shuttle. As I recall that there was a fireball sfx was played at the time of the detonation, and the only person gravely injured from the resulting blast was that miner lizard.

To surmise my point. I am being accused of causing damage to a shuttle by some random person on the station for a shuttle the crew voted for. “Don’t purchase inherently dangerous shuttles as a non-antagonist please.” isn’t a rule break when it is exclusively the captain’s job to buy shuttles.The crew also knew the risks, and had gone out of their way to make the shuttle safer. It is not impossible to order the Disco Inferno and get to Centcom. But I am being held accountable for a player intentionally or mindlessly bombing the shuttle and held responsible for the damage he caused. I already had to clean up the entire security situation on the station and I was told by COMMAND STAFF that eating the disk was securing it. I had to go find the disk locator and found the officer that actually had it and we both agreed that command that shift was too silly.

Additional Information: This ban was effectively tacked on as a result of the salt of that round. I had no real say in the matter as I was asleep and basically wake up to find this ban which is not even really reflected in the rules of the server.
The Captain's goal is to ensure the safety of their crew and the success of the station as a whole, not to abuse your position and power-trip over the station.
To reiterate, the crew voted for it, and when we got on the shuttle, the plasma statues were dismantled. What happened on the shutlte could have been achieved on any shuttle if that lizard fireballed a welding fuel tank. At this point I am being held to an increasingly ridiculous standard to prevent people from bombing themselves, which would basically require me to cut off their own controls from their computer.

As such, I find this ban unjust and should be reverse.

1 Like

Plasma stacks were changed to be explosive upon ignition

3 Likes

Okay, so he ignited a stack of plasma, that doesn’t detract anything from what I said at this point as he still did something to explode himself, causing a large breach in the shuttle.

No, you are being held accountable for choosing to purchase an inherently dangerous shuttle as a non-antagonist, one which further excaberated the damage they caused by lighting it on fire. Purchasing the shuttle itself was self-antag, regardless of whether or not anything happened to it.

No it wasn’t.

To repeat myself:
Do not order inherently dangerous shuttles as a non-antagonist please.

I see no reason to alter the ban at this time.

2 Likes