Francinum Staff Feedback Thread

Good admin

Good intentions

Ideas sometimes misguided but well-meaning

Personality of a cave ogre, but like Shrek it’s good if you put up with it instead of taking offense.

2 Likes

Made me paraplegic in a round, didn’t bother saying anything until I ahelped then permabanned me on the grounds of the word “dilate”, and that i wasn’t nice to him after his behaviour, then denied the appeal on the grounds of “We’re done here”, with no valid reasoning, and refused to change the note so no bueno

Furthermore, his attitude during ahelps actively causes more issues. He did not even attempt to explain what was wrong, and didn’t even attempt to explain before perma-banning. Just overall terrible terrible attitude for an admin.

1 Like

I’m not sure why he’s here. He hates the entire playerbase and most of the admin team. I get that he wants to mold beestation to be his ideal whatever-the-fuck but that’s like chiseling a statue by banging your fucking head on it.

Honestly one of the only admins I would be 100% behind stepping down. Admins for the wrong reasons and just because beestation needs admins doesn’t mean we need to settle for someone who hates us.

12 Likes

For once I agree with @michiru2.

Consider everything they just said my feedback too

4 Likes

I find this to be a strange post because most of what he does isn’t adminning, he’s more of a coder with a gun

and it’s downright untrue because if someone doesn’t care to be here, they wouldn’t put in the time and effort. That’s not incompatible with saying that it’d be nice if they spoke in a more reronciliatory and charitable manner, sure. But it applies in reverse too.

2 Likes

<snipped posts>

This is not the place to be having this argument.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen him much in the game as admin, but i am not a great fan of his activity on the forum.

From the posts he writes, he emerges as kind of a pompous douchebag who thinks he is better, smarter and understands the game better than anyone from the community (especially playerbase). In an enviroment where playerbase and admins contantly bitch at each other ( from making petty admin reports to applying shitty bans) he appears really conflictive and self centered. In this regard i completely agree with Michru.

In a way he reminds me of Aeder a lot. After admin report number 100 Aeder finally decided to tone down on his activity, and mostly move from admining the game and forum to authorizing bans for trialmins. I only wish the same for you, at the moment.

6 Likes

sorry no balling allowed for now

1 Like

balling club open

7 Likes

To be fair, I do think he is smarter and understands the game better than most players thanks to sheer volume of experience and dedication. That’s however no excuse to use it as a hammer in discussions, it just pisses people off and nobody gains anything.

Fran’s arguably the brightest guy I’ve seen, and he can seem a little rough like I said in another post, but while he seems mean it’s not completely without reason. People see him as strict, but he really, really is a cool guy once ya get to know him.

Helpful, witty, and cool to be around, Fran’s also super determined when he gets something started, he’ll work super hard to get it done! And that sort of attitude feels like an amazing trait to have, regardless on where on the trail you are, whether a coder, an admin, or a mentor. :slight_smile:

But enough from me, an old forum post from TGMC can sum up the sentiment pretty well

Considering his amount of knowledge, his high rep, and his history in the game, I believe, without a doubt, there is a slim chance that he’s as horrible as some players make him out to be.

4 Likes

Fran is as blunt as the average player here, and I’m not sure why blunt honesty is such a bad thing coming from staff.

5 Likes

That is not true, but since I am not an admin anymore I’ll either be ignored or my post will be deleted so whatever.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s the background. Fran is very clearly somewhere deep in IT. Getting that far may often mean that you can be abrasive to people not accustomed to Server Ops/Network Engineers/BI/Enterprise Software management. Similar to BeloneX/Bilary/.David

I encounter these people everyday, I work with them day in and day out, so it’s easier to understand him.

He may rub people the wrong way, but looking at how he talks he doesn’t strike me as someone being an asshole from the IT POV.

1 Like

IT guy here too, you don’t become jaded because of IT.
You can code for ~8 hours a day, 40 hours per week and still be human.

My opinion about Fran is still forming, his in game admin ticket handling I don’t have an issue with, handling people could be better.

Reminder to keep this on topic. Try to post your own feedback instead of responding to others. If you wish to discuss anything feel free to create topic in general. Thanks.

Francium’s a really chill person in my experience, and we didn’t exactly have the best start either. They’ve got a great sense of humor and are really relaxed when they get the opportunity. They’re also incredibly dedicated to what they do, the clover project in particular.
As a server host, I can myself attest to being callous publicly being a learned response as you deal with shitters. Is it the best way to go about things? Perhaps not, but the literal hate in this thread is completely unwarranted and reveals more about those commenting than Francium themselves.
I thought criticism here was meant to be constructive, not screeching about bans or for them to step down; this is a feedback thread, not a complaints and shitposting thread.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tyranicranger4 Staff Feedback Thread