Francinum Discord Admin Report

Your Discord: TeomanTheGreat

Offender’s Discord: Francinum#0001

Rules Broken (if relevant):

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

Incident Description: Muted a guy for two hours for suggesting something in general.

Additional Information:
(Also its really late where I am so I may not be able to reply to this thread until tomorrow)

12 Likes

General is not meme land 24/7

A 2 hour mute is not out of proportion.

Not sustained.

The thing on the top where it says channel name says “Everything! No NSFW allowed.”

its everything so memes are allowed since they are a part of the collective known as “everything” and are (most of the time) not NSFW.

just imagine its #general and that the text is different

2 Likes

Clear your notifications you fucking savage.

I mean for 3 lines looks hella overboard.
Gonna presume there’s more to it?

1 Like

If we count every minimally offtopic message in 30 minutes from mute we get this
obraz_2020-12-28_124045
and thats literally it

1 Like

Franc spent the entire time bitching about the state of the game while Lantek made small jokes, they probably only muted them because they were internally seething at someone not caring

14 Likes

It was rejected by the headmins.

Yea apart from it being total bullshit in my eyes, man said 3 words. It wasn’t a insult, it wasn’t a meme, it isn’t even rule breaking.
If you aren’t going to disproof it being bullshit and just gonna srugh it off you are guilty in my eyes, even as a friend that mute look a awful lot like power abuse but. Ok

14 Likes

This has been re-opened for further investigation.

3 Likes

This report has been reopened to allow for a more thorough review of the situation.

It’s important to note that reports opened on other people’s behalf are not usually accepted. We generally request that the person(s) impacted are the ones to create these threads to ensure that the report’s merits and motives aren’t called into question.

Okay but why was it closed?

I can’t speak on behalf of others.

Going to be hiding a majority of the posts here to make it easier for us to navigate. To remind everyone, these threads aren’t here to facilitate extended discussions. They exist so that the admin team can transparently talk with those impacted. If you’re not directly impacted or associated in some way, we ask that you keep your involvement to a minimum.

4 Likes

I now know why the muting feature was disabled for admins before.

If it’s going to be abused like that, please just disable it again.

edit so it’s not offtopic:
I disagree with that mute. This is definitely what people like to call “admin abuse”. I am not super active on discord but when I pop up I never see Lantek misbehaving or being annoying. This mute should have never been applied.
I don’t believe Franc had bad intentions, this should not result in a strike.

3 Likes

After seeing the full list of related chat, I sustain my original option of overboard. A verbal response of “shut the hell up” would’ve probably been better.

On the other hand a two hour mute is a very minor bonk. And continuing to state my own opinion : not strike worthy as an isolated incident.

that post from the screenshot doesn’t even seem to be that high level of shitposting, what was the actual message they got banned for?

muted for shitposting? color me impressed

literally couldnt be me :smug:

I apologize for the action taken in this instance, however I believe a verbal warning wouldn’t have been effective.

Though that still does not excuse the action.

My only attempt at justification was pointing at the headmin and hiding behind their terse closure of the complaint, and that’s not right.

2 Likes

But what exactly was wrong with the comment made? It’s not even a shitpost, just a 3 word joke.
Why did he have to be warned for something he didn’t do?

3 Likes