[Francinum] Discord Admin Report

Your Discord: Shezza

Offender’s Discord: Francinum

Part of Admin Conduct Broken:

• Any form of bias in dealing with players is not tolerated, favoritism from players or other staff should not weigh in the decision making process.
  • Maintain a decent standard of professionalism when operating within the community. Insulting, harassing, or intentionally targeting anyone in our community is not tolerated.

Incident Description: I got muted for 5 hours for making a PR and linking it in discord.

Additional Information: I haven’t broken any rules.
Francinum’s personal feelings on me or my PR shouldn’t influence by ability to post on the discord.

This is also not the first time something like this happened.

1 Like

All prs changing races require pre approval from at least one of the maintainers meaning you broke our github rules.

Saying “I didn’t break any discord rules” would be more accurate here, even if not necessarily true.

I’ve gone over the incident, gotten Fran’s side of things, and looked over the actual messages and I’ve come to three conclusions.

Firstly, I do agree that this was a bit of an overreaction on Fran’s part. 5-hours was, in my opinion, a bit too harsh for the situation (I would have preferred starting with a warning, but if it advanced to being a mute I would have liked a shorter duration). If I felt that this report was sincere, I would have lifted it by now. However, given the disingenuous nature of several parts of your report (more on that soon), I’m instead inclined to let the timer expire naturally.

Secondly, I found the incident description provided to be woefully lacking in detail. We both know that you weren’t muted just for making a PR and linking it in Discord. You had been pushing, poking, and prodding for several hours regarding the Squid removal. I can appreciate that you seemed to be upset by our choice, but your personal incredulities aren’t really an excuse to be purposefully difficult and disruptive. You had the reasoning explained to you several times and you simply refused to listen or to understand what you were being told. Going on to continue to push a baseless point well after the conversation had shifted doesn’t really contribute anything of value, and I can understand why Fran thought it best to temporarily remove you from discussion.

Thirdly, this is not the same as the incident you linked and it adds to the disingenuous nature of this report.

Despite the disingenuous nature of most of this report, I have still accepted it at least in part. Fran has been spoken with and has agreed to alter their behavior moving forward. Rather than jumping straight to muting disruptive persons, they will instead issue warnings first. No further actions will be taken.

4 Likes