Offender’s In-Game Name:
Everett Garrison

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):
15/03/2020

Round Number:

Rules Broken:
Rules 3 and 12

Incident Description:
I entered the Captain’s office and cancelled the shuttle call (as myself and most of the crew believed it unnecessary). I then exited the Captain’s office at which point the Captain saw me leaving and opened fire on me with his gun on lethal mode. I tried to flee and dodge his attacks but to no avail, and I was soon in critical condition on the floor. He then drew his sword and said “grand sabotage” in the chat, and finished me off.

Additional Information:
Evidently he considered “grand sabotage” sufficient justification to murder me, however I disagree. Firstly, it is made very clear in the rules that you must follow standard operating procedures, especially as a head of staff, on the MRP server; the procedures say that executions can only be done when severe (capital) crimes are committed, the admin handling my initial ahelp argued that the red alert the station was in meant this could be disregarded and even trespass was sufficient to murder me on the spot.

Anyway, I disagree that I committed grand sabotage by doing this; grand sabotage is defined on the wiki (https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Space_Law): “To engage in maliciously destructive actions, seriously threatening crew or station.”, examples given include “Bombing, arson, releasing viruses, deliberately exposing areas to space, physically destroying machinery or electrifying doors”, all major and violent acts of sabotage. Recalling the shuttle does not put anybody in immediate danger, nor was my intent or actions “malcious” in the slightest, a key requirement for the crime.
Nowhere in the rules does it say red alert justifies murder for minor crimes (despite the admin’s response).

So in conclusion, Everett’s actions were breaking rule 3 (roleplaying) and rule 12 (heads of staff conduct), because there is no way that an in-character captain (the one with the most responsibility), would disregard the law he is tasked with upholding without thinking or using non-lethal means etc.

Important note:
Also, the admin who denied my initial a-help is Bloons3; for the purpose of having this looked at fairly and in an unbiased way, I would like a different admin to review this report.

you recalled the shuttle when half of the crew was dead and the other half dying, on red alert
you are literally valid for being sintouched and breaking into the captains office, on top of attacking me with magic

admins were on this round, why didn’t you ahelp?

you recalled the shuttle when half of the crew was dead and the other half dying, on red alert

This is just factually incorrect; people were actively requesting recalling in the chat, I was doing the crew a service.

you are literally valid for being sintouched and breaking into the captains office

Being “valid” is a thing on LRP, not MRP.

As stated in rule 3: “Respect space law and standard operating procedures”. Note how “validity rules” is not a section in the MRP rules.

on top of attacking me with magic

This was a last ditch (failed) effort of mine to save my life, after I had taken heavy damage from your lethal laser bolts. Also note the lightning bolt spell is completely harmless, it merely deals a short-term stun with no damage; it is akin to a shove against a wall.

admins were on this round, why didn’t you ahelp?

Please read my whole report before commenting.

so why did you subvert the chain of command…?

if you thought i was breaking the rules, that doesn’t give you an excuse to do so

also, valid is a thing on mrp, you can kill antagonists just for being antagonists, even if they’ve done nothing wrong

1 Like

so why did you subvert the chain of command…?

Again, I advise you actually read what I am posting. It was in order to benefit the crew. I notice you took only a brief glance at the space law wiki page, had you read further you would have noticed this would fall under mutiny, a capital crime, however:

“Mutiny is not as clear cut as it may seem, there may be a legitimate reason for their actions, such as their head of staff being utterly incompetent. This is one of the few crimes where it is recommended to always seek a third party opinion. If their actions are determined to be for the betterment of Nanotrasen consider a timed sentence or even a full pardon.”

in addition, admins have the final say
and admins are allowed to determine alot of things, admin conduct is purposefully vague on the rules
next, if the admin said it was valid, then why are you making a report when you know it’s invalid?

also, valid is a thing on mrp, you can kill antagonists just for being antagonists, even if they’ve done nothing wrong

It isn’t. The only times this is permitted is in the case of capital crime “Enemy of the Corporation”, such as changelings and syndicate agents. Did you perhaps believe I was a syndicate agent?

in addition, admins have the final say
and admins are allowed to determine alot of things, admin conduct is purposefully vague on the rules
next, if the admin said it was valid, then why are you making a report when you know it’s invalid?

Admins can make poor decisions, hence why you are advised to follow things up on the forums if you feel their actions were not justified.

recalling the shuttle on code red because 3people that just arrived asked for a recall isnt a valid reason to do it, and it makes you valid if indeed alot of the crew was dead/dying/or overall in a chaotic situation, also please report which head of staff you were if you were one in the first place, because if not: you are extremely valid for entering caps office and recalling; and even if you were a head: you should ve asked the captain for permission to do so.

2 Likes

he was an assistant who broke into the caps office with illegal aa and magic from a devil, making him sintouched, an antag, to recall

1 Like

Unga me valid and antag

Wait dont shoot or ill player repo-

Bee is becoming sadder by the day. If anything sec is executing 24/7 like 7/11 on mrp so dont see why the CAPTAIN cannot considering circumstances.

Maybe take a breather and let shit go instead of writing reports when you yourself are cause of the situation

Side note: if the claim that crew was dying is true and you try to do your shuttle ping pong on red alert that is absolutely grand sabotage

1 Like

Space law is not server law. The reason validity isn’t on MRP is beacuse interactions and killings are supposed to be based in role play. Validity, meaning people being hard killable or not, is a LRP concept. Think of game modes like trouble in terrorist town. You are only supposed to kill people if certain conditions are met, like a logic puzzle in a way.

MRP is based more within a character’s logic and frame of mind. If someone is upsetting the chain of command and preventing the safe evacuation after breaking onto the bridge, then the captain should detain or kill or call security on them. On MRP, you are supposed to follow through however afterwards. A captain would have the detective come and investigate, people would be asked why they were there. If it is determined there was a misunderstanding or they will not be a persistent threat, you can clone them.

LRP doesn’t care about the after effects or a characters thought process. It is just they do this thing, they are allowed to be killed. That is what validity is.

Currently with the fact that bee is originally an LRP community, and people just join the higher pop server, the nuances that make MRP what it is are lost on people. But I am telling you now, the respecting space law MRP rule is meant as a guideline for simple folk who don’t understand roleplay or doing your job. It is there to deter tiding, not be a hard rule set for the server.

that’s a fucking lie
you literally told me earlier crew can kill nanotrasen IAAs for being antags, thus valid, ON MRP

You were murdering a crew member. The rest of the miners turned on you, how is this hard to understand. I can’t tell if you are serious or not. Just because there is no validity technicality does not mean you can’t kill a murderous double agent.

very difficult, does valid exist on mrp or not?

You can kill people if the circumstance warrants it. The validity rule and hard validity requirements is not on MRP. That does not mean it is never valid to kill people.

This is why MRP should have a whitelist. People don’t understand that roleplay means unique situation and handling of them. Validity is a switch and an LRP concept. This person is killable or not. Its a 0 or a 1. MRP is more fluid, with different and evolving situations. Openly attacking a crew member and trying to kill them should get you killed though. I think the core of it is that you don’t understand the IAA game mode.

i was on the original MRP whitelist